Muslims 'want sermons in English'

38 posts / 0 new
Last post

"angel" wrote:

i hate talkin to ppl bak home not cuz i aint famaliar with my language but cuz i dont have anythin to say other than "salam how are u, what u up2" allah hafiz..end of convo..

u should listen to us talk to famil from back home

other then "Ji" (yes) and "teek hoo" (I'm fine) repeated at least a hundred times

we dont have anything else to say

but like u we also have no problem understanding the langauge-its speaking it which is hard

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

u should listen to us talk to famil from back home

other then "Ji" (yes) and "teek hoo" (I'm fine) repeated at least a hundred times

we dont have anything else to say

but like u we also have no problem understanding the langauge-its speaking it which is hard

yeh before i didnt bother me that i cudnt speak urdu cuz my family speak murpuri which i am fluent in but cuz we have been getin involved more with helpin out in events which consist of older ppl we have to have convo's with ppl who speak urdu so i find it embarasin cuz i cnt speak properly!

I just bluff my way through hopin no one will notice my broken urdu.

readin is fairly easy, speakin no problemo (jus watch pakistani drama's, tehy help Smile )..........but i cant write it to save my life. only my name!!

i cant speak punjabi at all (sum people tell me thats better coz u cant cuss people in urdo or swear at em.....wich is a good thing isnt it?!)
mirpuri.....double dutch is easier!
lol, i knw a lil pushto!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:

mirpuri.....double dutch is easier!

lol, i knw a lil pushto!

mirpuri is easy to understand accordin to my mate who knows punjabi its just a bit different...my cuz's mate speaks pushto and we were talkin to her mum once didn have a clue what she was sayin!

i have a thing against mirpuri's Lol

im surrounded by pathaan's who speak pushto in our area, they come to the shop all day and i h8 it when they speakin and i dont understand. ive learnt a few phrases, but my dad knwz quite a lot now thru our customers.

even goray around our area speak a lil urdu now Lol

a lot of my cousins are mirpuri's.........i dont eve understand my uncle when he talks to me, and he dnot speak english either. funny thing is, he used 2 chill wiv me wen i was a kid.......now i cant suss him out :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:
i have a thing against mirpuri's Lol

im surrounded by pathaan's who speak pushto in our area, they come to the shop all day and i h8 it when they speakin and i dont understand. ive learnt a few phrases, but my dad knwz quite a lot now thru our customers.

even goray around our area speak a lil urdu now Lol

a lot of my cousins are mirpuri's.........i dont eve understand my uncle when he talks to me, and he dnot speak english either. funny thing is, he used 2 chill wiv me wen i was a kid.......now i cant suss him out :roll:

hmm a lot of your cuz are mirpuri, i supose u communicate with most of them in english but what bout their parents?

we all communicate in urdu wiv the elders. english amongst us cousins. theres only that 1 uncle i cant communicate with at all. the rest speak urdu coz its whats taught to all our family. the elders speak punjabi amongst themselves rarely, but they dont like it when we do.

i guess urdu sounds moe polite

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages