science and politics- AND BRITISH EDUCTION

51 posts / 0 new
Last post

[color=magenta]not most of the time, there are certain aspects of wht they teach us n how i dont agree with but from my 13 years as a student i realised there is no point asking why? why? why? just accept its part of the curriculum and it is gna come up in the exams and if u knw that then ur exams shud go good, right now my main priority is to get the grades i need to get into uni.[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta] but from my 13 years as a student i realised there is no point asking why? why? why? just accept its part of the curriculum [/color]

its a shame they don't let other ppl have thier view

y can't irans views of the holacaust be tought at skool? along side the zionist version, then we can make our own mind up.

i don't like one-sided education

we need to think for our selves

it reminds me of the media, they don't want u to have a mind of ur own, they just shove a pack of lies down your throught and expect u to swallow and digest it.

i can't help thinking that at skool they is intentionanlly increasing islamaphobia, there indirect insults on muslims / islam shud not be ignored.

a few years after 9/11 attacks they started teaching it in history

what does that say?

75 professers say 9/11 was an inside job, every where u go people are questioning wether binladin did it or not, the Dutch media (Zembla- a popular dutch news program) has `proven` that 9/11 was an inside job.

u see more non-muslims that beleive that it was an inside job then non-muslims.

is that mentioned in the history lessons?

To me good grades is not important if i've been told a pack of lies or half-truths.

So exquisite wot is u gonna go into?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]not most of the time, there are certain aspects of wht they teach us n how i dont agree with but from my 13 years as a student i realised there is no point asking why? why? why? just accept its part of the curriculum and it is gna come up in the exams and if u knw that then ur exams shud go good, right now my main priority is to get the grades i need to get into uni.[/color]

salam
that is very true, its like when they used to teach us stuff about Darwins theory etc, we didnt agree but had to go along with it. i am studying pharmacy at the moment but wouldnt mind studying politics and history later on. Biggrin

[color=magenta]honestly speaking i was the sort of person who used to question every little thng a teacher used to say "but why sir" "i dont get it" it doesnt make sense my psychology teacher was even teaching me abt freud n she ws like "look i dont believe in this, i just hve to teach u this" for me personally so long as i knw wht my views are n i dont fall into the trap then i thnk its fine, this year is extremely important for me i need to the grades im hping to get into Biomedical sciences n from there im either gna do fast track medicine, teaching or do research work or go into the pharmaceutical industry[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"liberty4women" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

salam
that is very true, its like when they used to teach us stuff about Darwins theory etc, we didnt agree but had to go along with it. i am studying pharmacy at the moment but wouldnt mind studying politics and history later on. Biggrin

[color=magenta]Wa-alaykum salaam

u knw wht it is with kids i love their inquiring mind, they question so much right now im the sort of person who accepts thngs for wht they are n just get on with thngs but education in this country is so rushed n u need to knw ur specifics its always been like that [/color]

Exquist ur a smart lass

we is not all dat clever

not all kids r that curious

"liberty4women" wrote:
i am studying pharmacy at the moment but

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :o

a muslim going into pharmacy!

islam channel said that 1 in 3 muslims leave skool wid no qualifications :shock: is that exagerated so ppl watch there show or is that really tru?

however most drug companies r just in it for the money :evil: they don't care about ur health :evil:

over 40% of scientists (and engineers) work for the military creating more weapons that create more destruction :evil: :evil:

life is so cruel :evil:

and too many scientist wanna alter god's creations and mess with nature.

i is feeling so crap now :evil:

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"02cute4u" wrote:
Exquist ur a smart lass

we is not all dat clever

"liberty4women" wrote:

islam channel said that 1 in 3 muslims leave skool wid no qualifications :shock: is that exagerated so ppl watch there show or is that really tru?

however most drug companies r just in it for the money :evil: they don't care about ur health :evil:

over 40% of scientists (and engineers) work for the military creating more weapons that create more destruction :evil: :evil:

[color=magenta]it aint abt being smart it through hard work and determination and hard work if u want it u can do it remember "the sky is ur limit" i knw bare ppl who did a science degree ranging from chemistry,medicine n biology n most of us friends are going into some sort of science i thnk it is becoming more popular now, we need more ppl in this area well done liberty4woman for getting into pharmacy[/color]

its not nessarily "what you know" its "who you know"

i find president bush inspirational

if sum1 like him can be one of the most powerfullest men on earth, yet be a complete plonker at the same time. i know there is hope 4 me 2 :o

As for medicine/pharmacy my teachers have told me that a healthy lifestyle can prevent an unbelievable amount of problems. most medicines have too many side affects to them, even placebo (dummy pills) have been proven to be just as successful as orthdox medicines.

Also Dr Weston price PROVED the miraculous effects of a balanced diet

as for the drugs industry, the size of there pay pack is all they care about

okay, as for politics, any1 going into that?

"02cute4u" wrote:
its not nessarily "what you know" its "who you know"

i find president bush inspirational

if sum1 like him can be one of the most powerfullest men on earth, yet be a complete plonker at the same time. i know there is hope 4 me 2 :o

As for medicine/pharmacy my teachers have told me that a healthy lifestyle can prevent an unbelievable amount of problems. most medicines have too many side affects to them, even placebo (dummy pills) have been proven to be just as successful as orthdox medicines.

Also Dr Weston price PROVED the miraculous effects of a balanced diet

as for the drugs industry, the size of there pay pack is all they care about

okay, as for politics, any1 going into that?

[color=magenta]
yeah but becoming a doctor doesnt mean you just give tablets, pain killers etc out you help ur patients to get better, for example if a person was suffereing from anaemia the doctor would first tell them to have iron in their diet like from red meat n stuff then they would gv iron supplements or tablets my older brother is currently studying politics he is in his final year[/color]

how many ppl become a doctor because they geniounly care?

most ppl i know do it 4 da money

and politics its all about power and the stimulating lifestyle

[in genaral]

"liberty4women" wrote:

salam
that is very true, its like when they used to teach us stuff about Darwins theory etc, we didnt agree but had to go along with it.

Bush had sugggested they teach intellegent design and evolution at school

i guess he's not a complete a$$hole.

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]"but why sir" "i dont get it" it doesnt make sense my psychology teacher was even teaching me abt freud n she ws like "look i dont believe in this, i just hve to teach u this" [/color]

thats different

unless ur teacher ONLY told u about fruead

Carl Jung is good

so is Raj Persaud

if it was just one phycologist they told u about then that just sucks

"02cute4u" wrote:
how many ppl become a doctor because they geniounly care?

most ppl i know do it 4 da money

and politics its all about power and the stimulating lifestyle

[in genaral]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]"but why sir" "i dont get it" it doesnt make sense my psychology teacher was even teaching me abt freud n she ws like "look i dont believe in this, i just hve to teach u this" [/color]

thats different

unless ur teacher ONLY told u about fruead

Carl Jung is good

so is Raj Persaud

if it was just one phycologist they told u about then that just sucks

[color=magenta]i agree with u but only SOME people become a doctor cuz of the money status etc but iv met some ppl who actually genuinely care, i knw there are cases like shipman but the doctors iv met were one of the nicest ppl i knw

i teacher didnt teach us just abt freud but we were doing a specific topic on his theories n she knew most of us thot it was a load of bull but she was saying its just this geezers theory i dont believe in it but u need to knw it for ur exams[/color]

lol freads theories are seriously freeky

im sure the guy is a perv

"Exquisite" wrote:
"02cute4u" wrote:
Exquist ur a smart lass

we is not all dat clever

"liberty4women" wrote:

[color=magenta]it aint abt being smart it through hard work and determination and hard work if u want it u can do it remember "the sky is ur limit" i knw bare ppl who did a science degree ranging from chemistry,medicine n biology n most of us friends are going into some sort of science i thnk it is becoming more popular now, we need more ppl in this area well done liberty4woman for getting into pharmacy[/color]

salam
thanks. i know so many people doing a degree in science, medicine, pharmacy, biomedical sciences, chemistry and biology. "the sky is ur limit", this is what we all need to keep in mind, u can do watever u want, think positive and work hard and have faith, you will achieve whatever u want, freud i remember his theory's...........good old college days.

"02cute4u" wrote:
lol freads theories are seriously freeky

im sure the guy is a perv

Based on what I was taught, there was certain things that I didn't agree with (alot of the things are associated with s3x) but some things I was like, it's kinda true. One of the reasons psychology is popular today is because of freud, in his time people didn't talk about s3x, and he said things people would have been scared to say and because of that he is known all over the world and psychology has advanced so much, it's a multi-million pound industry.

[b]Exquisite[/b] we did have time for debates in politics but one of my teachers wasn't that good at planning so she would go off-topic. I was absent one day and my mate told me the next day that the whole class were talking about marriage, even the teacher was talking about it :shock:

My other politics teacher was new as our old one left so he wasn't familiar with us so we did alot individual work and he used to talk.....alot!

I think I remember something about the whole of Freuds work being based on just 12 individuals. Hardly a significant sample then.

"Imaani" wrote:
I think I remember something about the whole of Freuds work being based on just 12 individuals. Hardly a significant sample then.

I think it's abit bigger than that but his sample was mainly based on middle-class viennese women.

But his sample had been updated after his death by neo-freudians.

Oh right. I obviousely didnt pay as much attention as you then while studying Freud.

"MuslimBro" wrote:

[b]Exquisite[/b] we did have time for debates in politics but one of my teachers wasn't that good at planning so she would go off-topic. I was absent one day and my mate told me the next day that the whole class were talking about marriage, even the teacher was talking about it :shock:

My other politics teacher was new as our old one left so he wasn't familiar with us so we did alot individual work and he used to talk.....alot!

[color=magenta]we had debates in several politics lessons too, one of them was on George Galloway n our views on whether it was right for him to go into the BB Hse,it was especially exctiting because he is our MP, n when Oona king came to our school we were so tempted to boo her but we got told off

most of our time in politics was revolved around george galloway n football[/color]

"MuslimBro" wrote:
it's a multi-million pound industry.

how is it?

"02cute4u" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
it's a multi-million pound industry.

how is it?

People with abnormal behaviour go and see behavioural psychologists.

There are forensic psychologists who work with law enforcement agencies.

Biological/clinical psychologists work closely with doctors.

There are psychologists working in mental hospitals and certain prisons.

Some people who need counseling go and see psychologists.

There are many others....

Pages