science and politics- AND BRITISH EDUCTION

The Quran advocates muslims to go into science and politics.

yet we're so backwards in both areas :roll:

any body considered those professions?

or know anyone that is going into them?

I got 2 Ds in science so i dnt think i'll be going into thaat! ..and politics is too much of a headache!

the revival ed is dead smart

why don't he go into politics?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

oh yeah i almost forgot to mention

what about BEAST

he's dead smart

he never fails to impress me with his posts

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

[color=magenta]lolz both areas interest me, inshaAllah if i get the grades i need i should be going into biomedical sciences i studied government and politics last year and it was my favourite subject in the world its so lively and always changing but yeah i want a career in science n if i have the chance id do politics too.[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

My sis was going to go into biomedical sciences, its quite easy to get into but then she decided she wnted to do teaching.
Im sure u'll easily get in Exquisite dear! wid brains like urzz, u'll pass wid flying colours! InshAllaah.

[color=magenta]it aint that wasy Noori the unis im planning to apply to are either Kings, UCL,Imperial or Queen Mary and they are extremely competitive they are like the top unis in london so im gna have my work cut out, but inshaAllah il give it my best but jazakAllah for ur support dear.[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

No wurriz, the unis here will accpet grades up to E 4dat course or sumthing, i think...

[color=magenta]well here they require ABB so its gna be hard [/color]

I think my sis must be lying then, it cant be that easy here.. but every1 hu applys at the 2 unis here, usually always get in.

[color=magenta]lolz competition here is proper stiff but inshaAllah il try my best[/color]

[b]EDIT: Disrespecting the moderators will not be tolerated --------------- Modnster[/b]

Yes Exquisite luv, can u give more details plzz...

Politics is a very intresting subject.

loooool

Exsis i dnt fink u'll need to 2 wait till ur 22! Wink

[color=magenta]wht do u want to knw???

the board we did was edexcel, we had three units:

1. People and politics- this includes referendums,different electoral systems,elections, why people vote?political ideologies,how labour party has changed,pressure groups
2. the British constitution-this includes the hse of lords,hse of commons,role of MPs,senior cabinet members, the PM,roles and powers,the judiciary(judges)parliament, the british constitution being an uncodified constitution, etc
3.The changing UK System-electoral reform,reform of the lords,devolution and the EU

but in the actual exam u have an option of which questions u answer[/color]

I did government and politics as one of my a-levels, trust me people it's boring.

A2 is supposed to be more fun but it was more boring then AS, even though we studied terrorism, and we had no proper debates :x

"02cute4u" wrote:
[b]EDIT: Disrespecting the moderators will not be tolerated --------------- Modnster[/b]

i is sorry

I did well at GCSE level but went into I.T, mainly computer security which I suppose is just as good?

A friend of my cousin is studying for her phd in astro physics. Very clever girl.

[img]http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/fanafilllah/sig6.jpg[/img]

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I did government and politics as one of my a-levels, trust me people it's boring.

A2 is supposed to be more fun but it was more boring then AS, even though we studied terrorism, and we had no proper debates :x

what!?

that sucks!

so they wont let u have a mind of ur own and branded us as terrorists!? :evil:

something needs to be done about the educaltion system

the propaganda is herrendous :evil:

y is 9/11 tought in history?

this has me thinking- notice how in history they always bang on about US and UK participation in WW1 and WW2 but NEVER EVER mention the help from other countries!! :evil:

not all jews beleive the zionist version of the holacaust so why do we.

6 million jews is too much, i reckon da number was less

they is only doing it to get sypathy

i is starting a poll!

EDIT: poll removed

"Abbas" wrote:
I did well at GCSE level but went into I.T, mainly computer security which I suppose is just as good?

A friend of my cousin is studying for her phd in astro physics. Very clever girl.

bro/sis

can u please shorten your sig

its messing up ma thread

making eveything go too wide

"MuslimBro" wrote:

[color=magenta]yeah i noticed that there isnt time for debates because at the end of it u can have an argument but it is those structured arguments like "outline the arguments for the UK constitution to be codified" at the end of it u have to say wht the specification say n knw wht it says, but i had the best government and politics teachers there was one who said he would provoke us on purpose for the sake of debate,but i really enjoyed AS level politics[/color]

this is blatent brain washing :evil:

Quote:
this is blatent brain washing

[color=magenta]
wht is?the politics exams? or politics itself?[/color]

the bit about no debates

the "this is the truth, accept it" atitude

[color=magenta]but th thng with A levels is there is so much work to do that there isnt time for debates n its all well n good u doing debates etc but if u dont learn wht is in the specification then u wont get ur marks,dont get me wrong id love to debate but i keep that for the debate club[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]but th thng with A levels is there is so much work to do that there isnt time for debates [/color]

"MuslimBro" wrote:
, even though we studied terrorism, and we had no proper debates :x

they is filling ur head with a load of doo doo imo

[color=magenta]not really thats where u use ur mind obviously there are loads of thngs u dont agree with but again it comes to the exam n wht the exam board says u need to knw,if u wnt to debate ur views n get lousy marks fine bu if u wnt o get a decent grade just do wht u need to do for the exam u dont have to agree with it[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]not really thats where u use ur mind obviously there are loads of thngs u dont agree with but again it comes to the exam n wht the exam board says u need to knw,if u wnt to debate ur views n get lousy marks fine bu if u wnt o get a decent grade just do wht u need to do for the exam u dont have to agree with it[/color]

yeah but not everybody is as smart as u....

Through these lessons, the lies become part of our subconciousness and becomes a dominant part in it. There are also reports of suspects of a crime, who were interrogated. The accusations were repeated so many times by the officers, the persons started to believe themselves they had committed it even though they had nothing to do with the crime. So powerful is repetition.

how many ppl question what they are tought in school?

[color=magenta]yeah but thats only certain individuals we just need to be more aware of wht we are being taught because last year i was so sick n tired teachers teaching us unnecessary stuff from other exam boards when our exam board didnt say we needed to knw it, teach us wht we need to be taught thats my theory n those teachers who taught us from the specification we got the best results in[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]yeah but thats only certain individuals [/color]

actually its most ppl

teacher teaching stuff that is not in the carriculam is a VERY COMMON problem.

[color=magenta]but i didnt mean that i thought u said that ppl arent aware of wht they were being taught, i didnt no say whether or not it was in the curriculum even wht they teach us in the curriculum is quite iffy[/color]

LOL

WHAT they teach us

and

HOW they teach us

is iffy

Pages