NO TOPIC

3515 posts / 0 new
Last post

Med and shazan banned? i wonder why...

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
Med and shazan banned? i wonder why...

Read their previous posts..

just finished reading!
so i'm guessing shazan hates brelwi people, ha ha
and when i said 'i wonder why...' i ment it sarcastically. it's obvoius why. they're different to you guys

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"Odysseus" wrote:
If we are going to continue having pleasant conversations without the nonsense that has been happening on and off over the last year then people are going to need to be banned, that might seem unfair - okay.

Who seriously cares if one sect is overly represented, the alternative is:

Stupid Comment
Stupid Comment
Freak out on MuslimSister

I've been here for about 3years now...however, sectarian debates only started up within the last year. Dunno why.

The "Revival" dislikes to discuss issues where there is a disagreement in the Muslim Ummah....there's more important things to worry about other then the length of scholars beards etc

Maybe I'm being selective but from what I've seen, most of the time many accusations on people's beliefs and actions are based on slander and heresay...

Admin you have a serious double standards issue
shazan said;
You don’t have to reconsider anything as I won’t ask to return and mingle with apolitical groups and it’s self-appointed representative. And Dust- if my previous post wasn’t deleted I complained about laila's post , did you notice how Ed in typical manner blamed Med for causing Fitnah while her comments were ignored, it must be because he agrees.

"If your love is sincere then obey him; for the lover obeys the one whom he loves."
"When a community takes to misdeeds, it takes to decorating Mosques"

"(*_Kamilah*" wrote:
shazan said;
You don’t have to reconsider anything as I won’t ask to return and mingle with apolitical groups and it’s self-appointed representative. And Dust- if my previous post wasn’t deleted I complained about laila's post , did you notice how Ed in typical manner blamed Med for causing Fitnah while her comments were ignored, it must be because he agrees.

sis , get over it pls

everyone else is trying, i suggest you do the same and contribute positively pls

and yes med was the main reason for the fitna on here...everyone agrees apart from you and another individual.....

the forums needs to return to how it was before med was here...discussing important issues and not arguing over pointless aqeeda stuff....

"(*_Kamilah*" wrote:
shazan said;
You don’t have to reconsider anything as I won’t ask to return and mingle with apolitical groups and it’s self-appointed representative.

whatever.

sulk if you want to. I seriously do not care.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

In reply to dust muft taqi usmani from the deoband school might be a big scholer in your eyes but according to a top middle eastern scholer some of his views are hypocritical and influenced by wahabism. Read the article yourself.

The article can be found on

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"(*_Kamilah*" wrote:
shazan said;

sis , get over it pls

everyone else is trying, i suggest you do the same and contribute positively pls

and yes med was the main reason for the fitna on here...everyone agrees apart from you and another individual.....

the forums needs to return to how it was before med was here...discussing important issues and not arguing over pointless aqeeda stuff....

another individual? why don't you use their name?

Quote:

sis , get over it pls

Don’t ask me to get over anything when silently allow slandering of Tablighi and Salafist, so brothers Med and Shazan are the very two that would challenge you- easy to ban them then to admit the error’s of your ways

"If your love is sincere then obey him; for the lover obeys the one whom he loves."
"When a community takes to misdeeds, it takes to decorating Mosques"

Its funny how the brothers who accuse anyone who celebrates mawlid as brelvs are ignoring the article by a top middle eastern scholer who refutes the point of view of mufti taqi of deoband on the issue of mawlid. It should be noted that in most countries around the world sunni paractices are common and always have been. Im suprised people on here are not calling the middle eastern scholers brevls. Biggrin

On a more current issue from what i have seen of meds comments on this forum im glad he was banned. The people who are backing him should get over it

It;s not a good thing to be glad that people were banned.

I aint glad. I would rather they behaved themselves.

SOme people celebrate Mawlid. Others do not. Can we just drop this for now? I am sure in a few months time the same debate will reignite.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Beast, Admin...I'm looking to start a blog, how do I go about it?

I don't want to make a diary type blog...I have articles scattered all over the internet and also some articles that I havent even submitted, I just want them all to be in one place.

Is there a general format one should follow? And how can I make it look good?

I have some really nice turkish Qasida's on CD...how can I upload them, so that they are playing in the background whenever someones visits my blog?

Can I moderate comments from visitors? And how can I raise awareness of my blog?

I want to call it something like "The Winehouse" or "Sufisticated"...any other suggestions along the same line will be appreciated... :oops:

I'm really rubbish at designing web pages... :?

Any help would be appreciated.

If yoy do not want too much work, best option is to get your self a blog account.

There is wordpress.com. but that will be like the website interface (I think), so you may not like that.

Apart from that there is blogger by Google, Yahoo360! by Yahoo! and something by MSN aswell. All of them should give you some space. Not used any myself, but they all have facilities of membership etc so that you can limit who sees your posts, and also you will have facilities to moderate comments.

Or something I can do is allow personal blogs on therevival website.

Finally, you can just add them to this website as articles, and I am certain I have seen a filter somewhere to show article by author (or publisher or something). This gives us more original aritcles, and also lists yours in one place. (It don't matter if some are of the type that is not normally our content type. Diversity is good. Also you can backdate them if you do not want them to appear on the main page as a new article.)

Since I do not do proper blogging, others may be able to give you other options.

"Admin" wrote:

Finally, you can just add them to this website as articles, and I am certain I have seen a filter somewhere to show article by author (or publisher or something). This gives us more original aritcles, and also lists yours in one place. (It don't matter if some are of the type that is not normally our content type. Diversity is good. Also you can backdate them if you do not want them to appear on the main page as a new article.)

For a lazy girl such as myself, that may be the best option.

Shall I email them all to you later...or will you show me how to do it?

I'll let you know in a bit. I Need to check over some things first.

And it is up to you wether you want to put them on yourself, or you want me to put them on for you. You decide. In the long run it will probably be better if you added them yourself, as you will not need to interact with me to add more articles on. But it may be easier to get me to do it...

yep, I can do that. Just needed to search how.

[url= to your articles. (well one you wrote, and one you published...)[/url]

Currently two articles under your name there. One news item you posted before deciding it was too awkward, and one other article which I put online, but put it under your name as you wrote it.

(also let me know if you want comments on the topics or not. I have the comments closed for the above articles.)

So, let me know what you decide. If you want me to put them online, send me the articles. If you are wiling to put them online yourself, all the better.

Pretty simple. Login, click 'write' Add title, add article. then on the left click the categories it fits under (unclick 'TheRevival' that is just standard so that I can see which ones re miscategorised...). then click publish.

[b]Optional bits (do this before clicking publish obviously):[/b]

Then if you want to back date it, click the post time stamp, tick 'edit timestamp' and put in the new date/time.

Under discussion, by default it will allow discussion. If you do not want that, untick the box. Otherwise just leave it.

Under Post status there is published private and draft. Published means everyone an see it. Private means only you (and maybe me. Not tested it out). draft means draft.

Is anyone else getting the dreaded feeling that Judda has returned?

"Beast" wrote:
Is anyone else getting the dreaded feeling that Judda has returned?

whos judda?

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

It's better that you don't know...

whats rong with judda returning? he's really nice and friendly

"Beast" wrote:
It's better that you don't know...

"zara" wrote:
whats rong with judda returning? he's really nice and friendly

:roll:

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

trust me, judda is nice, beast just has too many enemies

"(*_Kamilah*" wrote:
Quote:

sis , get over it pls

Don’t ask me to get over anything when silently allow slandering of Tablighi and Salafist, so brothers Med and Shazan are the very two that would challenge you- easy to ban them then to admit the error’s of your ways

salaam
yes, sister you really do need to get over it.
i didnt ban anyone.

i havent nothing against TJ or salafis, just those who are quick to accuse everyone of kufr and shirk if you disagree with them...why are you a TJ or salafi? if you are, i have no issue at all... i worked with many TJ an dsalafi brothers and sisters on behalf of The Revival...
med and shazan werent really a challenge... one just accused everyone of kufr, shirk, bidah and insulted many scholars whilst the other started doing the same when med got banned... they didnt have the substance for an intellectual dialogue based on knowledge and evidence... even though med does have knowledge his sectarian ways and hatred for non tablighis let him down...
shazan was a nice lad, still is... he just started becoming very abusive to many... so admin had to ban him , no choice...

i agree with u on some of your earlier posts... admin should have banned omrow for his 'wahabi bashing' and judda for his 'islam bashing' a long time ago. and should have warned other members for thier posts too.... i accept that.... but what you have to understand is that ppl dont get banned because of their sect, creed, group etc but because of their behaviour, insults, slander, fitna etc...
what you call double standards are more like mistakes, laziness or simply being unaware of certain things said...from Admins behalf. Admin hates banning anyone, and gives everyone many mnay chances.... trust me , we have discussed this many times!

the problem is you will never say anything against med, because you agree with his creed/jamaat so overlook his accusations, insults, fatwas, slander etc... and also make the mistake that med and shazan did which is to accuse ppl of being brelwis because their views differ to yours.... 95% of ppl are not brelwi- most mods on here have big issues with brelwis.

anyway i have tried to communicate to you in a civilised manner so we may all get on together as an ummah on this forum...

if you have further moderating issues then PM Admin or myself pls.

wasalaam

yeah? but somehow all the TJ members are banned (except one).
coincidence... i think not.

"zara" wrote:

no, quite a few have been banned altogether, like i said they werent banned because they were TJ.... when is that going to register?

"Admin" wrote:
yep, I can do that. Just needed to search how.

[url= to your articles. (well one you wrote, and one you published...)[/url]

Currently two articles under your name there. One news item you posted before deciding it was too awkward, and one other article which I put online, but put it under your name as you wrote it.

(also let me know if you want comments on the topics or not. I have the comments closed for the above articles.)

So, let me know what you decide. If you want me to put them online, send me the articles. If you are wiling to put them online yourself, all the better.

Pretty simple. Login, click 'write' Add title, add article. then on the left click the categories it fits under (unclick 'TheRevival' that is just standard so that I can see which ones re miscategorised...). then click publish.

[b]Optional bits (do this before clicking publish obviously):[/b]

Then if you want to back date it, click the post time stamp, tick 'edit timestamp' and put in the new date/time.

Under discussion, by default it will allow discussion. If you do not want that, untick the box. Otherwise just leave it.

Under Post status there is published private and draft. Published means everyone an see it. Private means only you (and maybe me. Not tested it out). draft means draft.

Thank you Admin! You've saved me so much time.

Let me just gather all my articles together...they're all over the place.

BTW I couldnt even get past step one :oops: What's my password? I thought it'd be the same as my forum password...

And what does post date mean?

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

no, quite a few have been banned altogether, like i said they werent banned because they were TJ.... when is that going to register?

Well Ed, you give someone a page full of dots if they look at it long enough they'll start seeing patterns where there arent any.

People get banned becoz they misbehave and break the rules of the forum.... if you have not already read them take a look now and maybe you can draw strange patterns out of them also (im serious im actually curious to see if you do).

Back in BLACK

"zara" wrote:

Med said he was not TJ. Why would you assume he is?

I am thinking of implementing a new system where anyone questioning my authority gets banned. [i]Dong ma[/i]?

FOR THE LAST TIME MED AND SHAZAN WERE BANNED FOR THE BEHAVIOUR AND NOT THEIR RELIGIOUS LEANINGS.

They were disrespectful, used foul language, and generally abused both me hospitality and other members. I even gave shazan a chance to apologise. instead he took it on himself to hurl even more insults.

And if you cannot live with that, leave. simple as that.

[b]MuslimSister:[/b] Check your PM for your password. Post date is the date the article was publised on. The articles will be listed by post date. Newest first. On the main site, the latest articles, and the news sections also work be 'post date'. It is the date you want the article to be published on. So if you want an article to appear in 5 days time, you change the post date to the future. Or you can hide a post in the back if you want another post to appear more recent than it.

Pages

Topic locked