NO TOPIC

3515 posts / 0 new
Last post

"You" wrote:
And why has this forum been hijacked with marriage/kids type of issues?

Wasn't it much better when we talked about nothing?

:shock: was thinking the same..

just had one of those dreams that felt so real- cant sleep now

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"You" wrote:
And why has this forum been hijacked with marriage/kids type of issues?

Wasn't it much better when we talked about nothing?

It must be springtime!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

regarding the sayed women marrying outside, theres nothing to say they cant do......but a lot of people tend not too, as to keep the lineage of the Beloved Prophet (SAW) going.

whether you believe thats important or not is up to you

but its not a rule

my sis is married to a syed so inshallah my nephews and nieces will be Biggrin

but his cousin, whos a sayed, has married a guy whos not...but no big deal!

and........

cant believe there was no prison break last night....all due to the stupid state of union address by Dubya last night :x

no point waking up on a tuesday morning if theres no prison break to watch

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Ya'qub" wrote:
It must be springtime!

Way too cold.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Sirus" wrote:

cant believe there was no prison break last night....all due to the stupid state of union address by Dubya last night :x

no point waking up on a tuesday morning if theres no prison break to watch

Just close your eyes and pretend it's all just a bad dream. That's how I get by.

Back in BLACK

In Fiqh, one of the essential conditions to be considered for a valid nikah (ie marriage contract) is that the [u]bride[/u] is married to a "suitable match" (kafa'a). What is considered "suitable" differs amongst the ulema, but includes things like faith, profession, wealth, chastity, health [b]and lienage[/b]. This is based on the hadith that says (paraphrased) of if a suitable match comes and asks your daughter's hand in marriage, you should not refuse it.

Since something like lienage is considered a factor for suitability, it is a valid ground (for both the Wali and/or girl) upon which to refuse a suitor (ie a Sayed girl marrying a non-sayed boy) for marriage. The same case is not for a boy/groom (who can marry a non-sayed/non-Quraishi/non-Hashimi etc girl). (Some go to the extent of saying non-Arabs cannot marry Arabs.. but today there arent very many pure Arab blooded families that can trace their lienage back to the Prophet saw, which imo weakens this argument).

It needs to be remembered that even without these "suitability" factors, a nikah is legally valid, and to put it simply you *can* marry whom you want.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Amal" wrote:
It needs to be remembered that even without these "suitability" factors, a nikah is legally valid, and to put it simply you *can* marry whom you want.

Isnt that what i said?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Amal" wrote:

Isnt that what i said?

Thats looking at it at its most simplest. I was trying to explain the reasoning behind why some say you cannot marry a sayed etc.

I'll put it in another way.. The 4 Imams (Hanafi, Shafi' etc) place suitability (kafa'a) (ie lienage, education, profession etc) as a [u]condition for a nikah contract to be valid[/u].
This however doesnt make it a requirement. If the girl (and wali?) [u]agree[/u] to marrying a person with different "suitability" factors [u](ie they make an exception), [/u]then the nikah is valid (and so they can marry whomsoever they want). Also, what is considered "suitable" is relative to each girl's own upbringing and environment. For example, a princess would not be considered "suitable" to marrying a pauper, but if she was agreeable etc, then she could.
And Allah swt knows best

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Whats the difference between Miss and Ms?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:

ones a decent girl the others a cow

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

I prefer my explanation...

Back in BLACK

Thank you Admin. At least someone is helpful.

Is it possible to tickle yourself?

(i know the answer to this Biggrin )

If you state yes say how

"You" wrote:
what is itlol withlol peoplelol usinglol the letters "lol" afterlol theirpostslolo in stupid wayslol?

do You like my new signature?

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"You" wrote:
what is itlol withlol peoplelol usinglol the letters "lol" afterlol theirpostslolo in stupid wayslol?

do You like my new signature?

You don't have onelol

Very nicee yaqub!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

My signature doesn't display, can anyone else see it? Can you see your own signatures?

Up until now I haven't had one, because I never thought it was necessary to repeat something after every post, until now.

nope, can't see it. Is it using acceptable markup? (I don't think you can have html or images, but I may be wrong.)

"Ya'qub" wrote:
...Can you see your own signatures?...

Yes

Yay!

Computer is extremely slow! :x

ordering a pizza, so hungry.

I spoke to an athiest about Scientology. He thought that it was like all other religions... Something on the lines of "They are all quack".

"Naz" wrote:

If you state yes say how

I take it no one knows.
The answer is yes. You can tickle yourself.
the roof (the top bit) inside your mouth!

"Naz" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

If you state yes say how

I take it no one knows.
The answer is yes. You can tickle yourself.
the roof (the top bit) inside your mouth!

o yeah! that's a good one.

next:

what are the [b]three[/b] part of you body that you can touch with your left hand but can't with your right hand?

erm you can touch your right elbow with your left hand but not with your right hand.

Is that one?

yes! and the right fore-arm is the second one.

The third is applicable to Muslims only...

Pages

Topic locked