Baby Names

Assalamualaykum,

Me and my wide recently had our first child which we named Aisha. My wife is Christian but I am muslim (from a Shia family) but practice more the Sunni way as I was never tought by my Father or his family and embraced Islam myself.

Although we have decided Aisha I have had constant remarks from my family about the name and the dislike towards it. I understand the reasons why but is it really possible for a whole nation (Iran) to "Hate" the name as some family members have described it? Surely this is small minded foolishness. It would be like me hating everyone with the name Osama because i relate that name to a man I dislike for example, which is ridiculous.

It's something that is bugging me at the moment. Comments please... ?

Ignore them,
Its your child and its up2 to u what name u give to ur child. Its ur kid nto therz.

Aisha is a beautiful name and it also is the name of the wife of the Holy Prophet (saw). You should stick with the name, very beautiful and if you keep it with the intention of bringin her up in the footsteps of Hazrat Aisha (ra),nothing but greatness can come of it.

The shi'a in general do NOT name their children Aisha or Hafsah or Abu Bakr or Umar or Uthman.

Sayyidina Ali radhiyallahu anh named his sons - Abu Bakr, Umar Awwal, Umar Thaani, Uthman. And named daughters Aisha and Hafsah.

They are good and righteous names.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

It doesnt matter which sect you're from, as long as the name has a good meaning it will suffice.

I personally like the name Rehan for a boy and Zara for a girl. Aisha is is good too..... now what to name the remaning 4 children..hhhm

Back in BLACK

Why not: Four, Five, Six, and Seven.

"Omrow" wrote:
Why not: Four, Five, Six, and Seven.

Too numerical

Back in BLACK

:shock:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
:shock:

lol... they can always gang up on you.

Back in BLACK

No they won't they will be too scared!

HA!HA!HA! (evil laugh) Wink

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
No they won't they will be too scared!

HA!HA!HA! (evil laugh) Wink

scared of you? Lol

I think you hav that the other way around.

Be afraid Mez... be very afraid :twisted:

Back in BLACK

we will see who has the last laugh! Lol

Your damn right!

If I put a smiley here and lock the topic, does that mean I have the last laugh?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Aisha is a very nice name and one that I was thinking of naming my daughter in the future, if I have one Inshallah. For the boy, Sufyan.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Salam

Aisha is a good name for a girl. Properly feminine.

Whatever name you may decide to give to your child, just make sure that
boys get a male name, and that girls are given a female name.

Nowadays, parents - those on LDS - call their daughters Ali.

I have also seen girls named Bilal !!

Omrow

never give ur child an ugly name such as omro

ppl will assume the child is ugly too

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
never give ur child an ugly name such as omro

ppl will assume the child is ugly too

lol

Is Omrow even a name?

Since we have someone here called that, I would state yes.

And I (think I) know it's derrivation.

So that is a yes,

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's an odd name just like omro, so it's perfect for him i think.

"Angel" wrote:
It's an odd name just like omro, so it's perfect for him i think.

You said it sis! lol

is omrow your new victim now?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
is omrow your new victim now?

Victim?

Since when did i become a bully?!

not just you

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
not just you

Don't worry, Omrow is a big boy. He gives as good as (if not better than) he gets.

it's still not nice having people take the mick out of your name.
anyway, what does your name mean?

"zara" wrote:
it's still not nice having people take the mick out of your name.
anyway, what does your name mean?

Huz Admins? Admin is short for Administrator

oh, i thought it was his real name.

"Omrow" wrote:

i've seen girls called JUNAID!!

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"02cute4u" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

i've seen girls called JUNAID!!

wat is this a new trend coming out givng boys girls name and girls boys names

i feel that the in the modern muslim society inactually giving a name with true meaning and purpose they are giving names that just sound fashionable and are look upon as trendy.

subhanallah we are blessed with endless beautiful islamic names, waiting to be discovered and used.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I can't understand why all "muslim names" are "Arabic names"

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"02cute4u" wrote:
I can't understand why all "muslim names" are "Arabic names"

...because most significant events surrounding the formation of Islam happened in Arabia?

Pages