Hijaab Vs Niqaab

jalabeeb?

[b]EDIT: SPLIT FROM BACKLASH THREAD[/b]

"zara" wrote:
jalabeeb?

Abaya, Jilbab

is that the dress thing women have to wear? burqa?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
is that the dress thing women have to wear? burqa?

Well different scholars have differnt views on that, burqa is the veil which covers a woman including the face, a jilbab/abaya is a one piece of cloth which drapes from the shoulders down to the feet.

thanks

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
thanks

No probz.

do you think i should wear a jilbab? dad's always going on about how i should cover my face an all that, says its fardh.

"zara" wrote:
do you think i should wear a jilbab? dad's always going on about how i should cover my face an all that, says its fardh.

The choice is totally up to you, if you feel that its time for you to wear a abaya then allahmdulliah, wear it, and as for niqaab, again theres differnce of opnion on that. The end choice is up to you, do what you have to do.

ok, but im gonna look like a freak! oh well...

"zara" wrote:

FREAK?

So your saying all the sisters who wear the jilbab, niqaab look like freaks??

Choose your words wisely and besides you shouldnt care about what people think or say about you, aslong as your lord is happy with you, then nothing else in the world matters.

sorry noor, your right.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

FREAK?

So your saying all the sisters who wear the jilbab, niqaab look like freaks??

Choose your words wisely and besides you shouldnt care about what people think or say about you, aslong as your lord is happy with you, then nothing else in the world matters.

yes i agree with wat Noor saying, zara i sure u look just as beautiful with ur jibab on , this time ur inner beauty will shine aswell

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"zara" wrote:
sorry noor, your right.

Its fine sis, no wurriz.

thanks genie, noor

"zara" wrote:
thanks genie, noor

its ok sis btw ur a student i take it

yeah, go to school, i'm 13

"zara" wrote:
yeah, go to school, i'm 13

mashallah sis ur only 13 and u thinking about wearing a jibab May Allah swt bless u with ur intentions
u show the older sisters hw a muslimah should dress Wink

lol

Zara you should listen to your father and start to veil fully.

Covering the face is wajib according to our Hanafi Ulama and a lady is sinful for exposing her face.

And as for looking like a freak!!! You couldnt be further from the truth.
Ladies who veil are blessed with an air of nobility and piety and respect. I cant speak for others but ladies who veil hold a very high rank with me and with a lot of the people I associate with - it appears noor surrounds them and nobility and honour are their garments.

I cant rate ladies who veil enough because to do it in this country is amazing. and ALLAH's reward for them will inshaALLAHU ta'ala be immense.

Start slowly - dont jump into the deep end cos then you'll come jumping back out just as quick. Be gradual in your approach - start possibly with abaya and headscarf as a minimum and then overtime adopt the niqaab and gloves.

May ALLAH accept you - ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

However, hands and feet are not part of the muslims woman awrah according to the hanafi fiqh (i maybe wrong)

Zara, do you own research, and then decided for yourself whether you think niqaab, jilbab, is fard or not. As Muslims we dont blindly follow and do things acording to hearsay.

"Med Mian" wrote:

Be gradual in your approach - start possibly with abaya and headscarf as a minimum and then overtime adopt the niqaab and gloves.

May ALLAH accept you - ameen.

yes very well sed brotehr , it sud be a gradual process in which each piece of covering u apply to ur bodie is teh act of ur heart saying
brother med is teh niqab complusory

i already wear headscarf and jilbab, now i just need to wear niqab, then i'm done!

"Fresh!" wrote:
brother med is teh niqab complusory

As i said, it depends on what scholarly opnion you take sister GENIE.

Acording to the Minhaj ul Quran Scholars it's not fard/wajib.

There are many different opinions.

Do your research.

"zara" wrote:
i already wear headscarf and jilbab, now i just need to wear niqab, then i'm done!

well dont rush into things , by all means allhamdullah teh headscarf and jilbab let alone is a very high act of modesty

it's also an act which makes you a victim of bullying, as i'v found out.

yeah, everyone in my class calls me a terrorist, teachers hate me (but that could be for other reasons) and i got beaten up twice, once in my primary school, once in secondary.
like ur new username Lol

"zara" wrote:
yeah, everyone in my class calls me a terrorist, teachers hate me (but that could be for other reasons) and i got beaten up twice, once in my primary school, once in secondary.
like ur new username Lol

No1s ever called me a terrorist nor have i ever got beaten up.

Zara, have you ever told your classmates why you wear the hijaab/jilbaab? Its about explaining to them isn't it, with hikma, i'm sure if you explain to them the inner beauty of the khimar/abaya with examples they'll understand.

Be patient and Inshallah, Allah Ta'Allah will make things easy for you.

"Med Mian" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

bro... me and meds hatred goes back a long way...
you will never see a bad side of med...you just cant... whether its the TJ link or whether its because of his urdu poetry or because of his long cut and paste lectures... i dunno....

i cant stand a person who thinks he's better that others, who thinks only his belief is correct and the majority of the rest are either bidati, kafir, mushrik, munafiq or murtad... and that is what he has been saying since he came on the forum.... but you and naj ignore that...

i cant stand is jahil views on women, mosques, parda, marriage, ladin and so on.... but thats OK as this is a forum... but to accuse ppl of what he does is a crime. his lack of respect for any non tablighi scholar or a scholar who differs on his aqeeeda is another crime.

yes we are muslims, belong to the same ummah... but its best we dont comment on each others views anymore.... because my respect for him went a long time ago...

i dont have a problem with anyone else really... just him.

1. despite what you might think Ed I dont hate you.

2. I dont think Im better than any1. I just think that tawheed is better than shirk, imaan is better than kufr and that a muslim is better than a kafir. For that I dont apologise.

3. Majority of the rest are biddatee . . . till the end?
What are you on about? Just because some dodgy people in indo-pak believe in certain pagan ideas as being islamic doesnt mean the whole Islamic world does. Alhamdulillah have I ever denied that the muslims are muslims or have I ever stated that the vaste majority of muslims are kafir? No

So why such a baseless statement?

4. Jahil views on women, mosques, purdah? May ALLAH have mercy on you. I have shown proof from the books in regards to those issues - you're labelling them jahil is indeed ironic.

I advise you go back and check the references which I provided regarding women and masaajid, regarding Sayyidina Ibn Abbas radhiyallahu anhumas definition of jalabeeb, of the aqwaal of the Mujtahid Imams. I find it strange that because your secular background cannot stomach such islamic principles you resort to labelling Islamic fatawaa and Islamic masaa'il from not me but from the SAHAABAH and Aimmah e Arba'a and Ulama of all ages as jahil.

Talk abt being narrowminded.

5. I dont knw what it is you said about me but may ALLAH reward you for it - ameen.

another load of cobblers from the self acclaimed teacher, "ahlus sunnah" dude...

every point can be refuted but what is the point....
med gets a buzz out of arguing, and arguing for the sake of it.
he's got a nice fan base here... so he's milking it.

the point you miss is you call MUSLIMS who dont commit shirk as Mushrik because according to your super tawheed its shirk.... you call people biddatti when the act is not bidah sayyia..but you if you dont agree you label a practising Muslim Bidatti... You seem to be proud of this fitna? mashallah...

the jahil views i mentioned were your views based on nothing concrete... no classical scholar says women should be discouraged to go mosque, or work or play an active role in society... just your jahil view says so...because you are sexist, mysoginist and backward.... end of.

if ANYONE is narrrowminded here kiddo its you. you cant tolerate others views without accusing them of evrything. coz you think you're special like when you first came on the forum you said you came here to 'sort us out'- what a fool!

"Med Mian" wrote:
Zara you should listen to your father and start to veil fully.

Covering the face is wajib according to our Hanafi Ulama and a lady is sinful for exposing her face..

Best to let a 13 year old work at their own pace especially in the UK's modern culture where the veil is concerned.

There is nothing wrong with a woman exposing her face in an un offensive manner in Britian and saying it is sinful is twisting Islam. Shame on you for using that word.

Wear a headscarf and Jilbab, hold your head up high and continue to show people you respect your religion yet embrace european culture

i told them if they keep taking the mick i will be a terrorist, guess i shouldn't have said that. but they didn't bother me after that, so i had my last week in peace!

"zara" wrote:
like ur new username Lol

tahnxz Smile

this is jihad From the two jihads GReater Jihad & Lesser Jihad
u are experiencing Greater JIhad the personal struggle i know as this county nt under teh islamic law the way we dress to others is bizzare, aLWAYS Remember this sis all wat u been true Allah swt is watching Allhamdullah u still gng strong despite wats been throwed at u Allah swt is always with u , at teh end of teh day wt u doing in teh eyes of teh Lord iS reciveing many blessing. UR skin teh skin ur covering will be saved from teh hell fire . where as their skins will burn

so proud of u sis keep it gng strong Wink

Pages