Hijaab Vs Niqaab

142 posts / 0 new
Last post

taliban had the right views about islam, that's why noone likes them

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
taliban had the right views about islam, that's why noone likes them

LOL

Zara, you've still got alot of things to learn...

was i not ment to say that?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

So Zara, you agree to everything which the taliban said and did?
and the way they treated people?

yup

My friend who is a qualified Nursery Nurse and told me once that kids used to run away from her when she’d wear the Niqaab…that’s why she took it off.

I too believe that the Niqaab can be a hindrance when working with kids….however, when working with teens it can at times be needed.

Were there male nursery nurses working alongside your friend? I ask coz if there weren't any men about she could have removed it for work, and put it back on afterwards.

My husband's nephew used to be scared of me in the veil simply coz he'd never seen a woman dressed like that. He wouldn't leave the room but he wouldn't sit on my lap. But i carried on visiting every wkend and he got used to me. He;s no longer afraid of women in niqabs.

Coz of that i thght my own nephew would be scared of me. But he was completely different he'd come up to me and pull my veil down, he instinctively knew it was me.

So it really depends on the temperament of each child, and also how much they're exposed to women in this sort of dress.

I always thght niqabi sisters could easily work with kids i mean small children coz usually most the teachers/carers are female. So the face veil can easily be removed for work purposes?

I admit it can be a hindrance in a lot of professions, and realistically it can reduce your chances of doing well in an interview aswell.

Niqabi women who want to work can be restricted to certain jobs. Women only jobs or institutions. So if you're adamant about working and going up the career ladder the niqab in western countries is not for you.

If however you're willing to go to saudi arabia there are many professional careers open to niqabi women.

I'm not trying to put anyone off the niqab just giving you a realistic view.

P.S i was thinkin of training as a nursery nurse coz it tends to be women only, but i've changed my mind i don't wana work with kids anymore lool

"yashmaki" wrote:
i know it's wajib but there's a difference between wajib and fard isn't there even though it's marginal.

Obviously im all for the niqab however many sisters find it too difficult to wear the basic hijab that should be encouraged more so because it is fard.

Yes there is a difference between waajib and fard - but that is only a technical difference. In practice they amount to the same thing.

And it's true that many do find it hard to veil - whatever and however much is done should be appreciated but that appreciation shouldnt be in such a way that the obligatory requirements of hijab are washed down or made to appear minor.

Finally - even by some ulama the veiling of the face is fard aswell - and if ppl follow those ulama then there is no excuse really to unveil innit, and no choice either.

May ALLAH grant us all - men ( :oops: ) and women - the ability to observe shari' hijab. ameen

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Med, what about the ulama who say it's not fardh or waajib to veil? shouldn't there be only one answer. i thought islam was a simple religion. :roll:

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

and also...dont take too much notice of med, hes brainwashed by the taliban, osama and his sect.... and likes to enforce his views on all... if you disagree with him it means you're wrong, misguided, influenced by the media or the west:-)

men like him like to bang onabout hijab, niqab and parda 24/7.... and discourage them from going mosque, working or playing a positive role in society.

1. Ed you can use as much abusive words about me as you like - thats ok by me. But when you bring in other people thats crossing a line.

You speak about Taliban and Usamah and his sect. Yet claim to be non-sectarian. Please enlighten us which sect you are referring to Oh NonSectarian Editor of Revival?

2. For the sake of ALLAH I have a hatred for those words you uttered. You dare to compare me with Taliban and Usamah and his sect - whoever they are?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

3. My views are of no significance. The views of the Sahaabah Karaam alayhim ridhwaan and the Ulama of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah are. Disagreeing with me is nothing major but disagreeing with the ulama of Islam out of arrogance and out of a sense of liberality is indeed a calamity. But why am I wasting my time explaining to one who has listened but not heard, read but not understood? Hidayah is in ALLAH's hands alone.

4. Men like me? Have you forgotten the Women and Masaajid thread where I SHOWED PROOF of the aqwaal of the Elders of Ahnaaf BANNING women from the masjid, of Sayyidina UMAR BANNING women from the masjid Nabwi alayhis salaam? If you want to bunch me with such people then this is an honour for me and I hope a means for my guidance and forgiveness.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

5. Women are to play an active role in society. You're definition of that is for them to come out of the homes and stand shoulder to shoulder with men in the masaajid (not literally) and to roam the workplaces etc. Its a free country and you are welcome to whatever wacky ideas you choose to embrace.

My idea of women being active in society is for them to learn to be excellent mothers, wives and daughters. To bring up sons who become ulama and huffaaz and to bring up daughters who will become alimaat and hafizaat and good women of the home. What lives the Ummuhaatul Mu'minneen alayhim ridhwaan and the Sahaabiyaat lived are my criterio. You follow the modern ladies and their ways - ALLAH is sufficient for us alhamdulillah.

And Zara - dont take Eds comments regarding me and Taliban too seriousyl. ALLAH is witness that me and Taliban are not one entity - nor do I represent them nor do I claim to.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

here we go again. :roll:

"Med Mian" wrote:
5. Women are to play an active role in society. You're definition of that is for them to come out of the homes and stand shoulder to shoulder with men in the masaajid (not literally) and to roam the workplaces etc. Its a free country and you are welcome to whatever wacky ideas you choose to embrace.

My idea of women being active in society is for them to learn to be excellent mothers, wives and daughters. To bring up sons who become ulama and huffaaz and to bring up daughters who will become alimaat and hafizaat and good women of the home. What lives the Ummuhaatul Mu'minneen alayhim ridhwaan and the Sahaabiyaat lived are my criterio. You follow the modern ladies and their ways - ALLAH is sufficient for us alhamdulillah.

And Zara - dont take Eds comments regarding me and Taliban too seriousyl. ALLAH is witness that me and Taliban are not one entity - nor do I represent them nor do I claim to.

i didn't take the comments seriously, dont worry! i know you don't represent them or claim to. but i don't see what's wrong with taliban, they are great muslims, in my opinion.

"zara" wrote:
Med, what about the ulama who say it's not fardh or waajib to veil? shouldn't there be only one answer. i thought islam was a simple religion. :roll:

First off this question should be addressed to them.

Secondly its a principle that when the classical scholars have issued a ruling that is unanimous among them, then if later scholars issue different rulings - no matter how many of them support the new ruling - it cannot be taken over the ruling of the consensus of the classical ulama.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Thirdly I wouldnt advise you take any1s words here to heart, not mine, not Eds, not any1s. The best people to ask for advice in regards deen are those who you know to be pious and upright and knowledgable. People can be any1 over the net so dont get too bogged down with whatever me or any1 else says.

The best person for you would be your father. If he is knowledgable then learn your religion from him, if he is not then learn with his permission from a ladyscholar or ask him to get you reliable talks and books.

Remember - this issue can be debated but at the end of the day your father wants you to veil or believes that is what is prescribed for believing women - even IF its not wajib you are to obey your parents and this will be extremely rewarding for you Smile

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"zara" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:

i didn't take the comments seriously, dont worry! i know you don't represent them or claim to. but i don't see what's wrong with taliban, they are great muslims, in my opinion.

mashaALLAH. May ALLAH put barakah in your imaan and in your islaam and in your ihsaan - ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

ok, i'll do what my father says, looks like he has the same opinions as you do tho.

"zara" wrote:
yup

So you agree to everything which the Taliban did and said?
Zara do you even know how they treated the women and the views which they carried?

i think so.
they didn't let women go out without the burqa, no cinemas, no music, no stuffed toys, men had to have beards, women weren't allowed in mosques, or allowed to work, no drug selling (opium i think it was), criminals were punished according to islamic laws. what have i missed?

"zara" wrote:
i think so.
they didn't let women go out without the burqa, no cinemas, no music, no stuffed toys, men had to have beards, women weren't allowed in mosques, or allowed to work, no drug selling (opium i think it was), criminals were punished according to islamic laws. what have i missed?

And you agree to all of that?

So you think women shouldnt be allowed to work, go to mosque, leave house without niqaab. Children shoudnt be allowed to have toys, men must have a beard?

So i take it you dont work or ever will work. You wont allow any teddies in your house and you dont go to mosque or well u think its wrong.

Since when according to the shariah law make it impermissble for women to work or go to the Mosque?

Zara, Khadjia RA was married to the final prophet of Allah PBUH and she worked, so according to you and the taliban that was wrong of her and sinful according to their "law"? :?

"Med Mian" wrote:

Yes there is a difference between waajib and fard - but that is only a technical difference. In practice they amount to the same thing.

And it's true that many do find it hard to veil - whatever and however much is done should be appreciated but that appreciation shouldnt be in such a way that the obligatory requirements of hijab are washed down or made to appear minor.

Finally - even by some ulama the veiling of the face is fard aswell - and if ppl follow those ulama then there is no excuse really to unveil innit, and no choice either.

This is the bit I do not understand.

I thought the difference between fardh and waajib is that fardh is explicitly stated and its denial is kufr.

Waajib is not explicitly stated, thus its denial is not kufr. (in practice they are vrtually the same, but in creed worlds apart).

So do some scholares definitions of the terms differ?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
i think so.

So you think women shouldnt be allowed to work, go to mosque, leave house without niqaab. Children shoudnt be allowed to have toys, men must have a beard?

So i take it you dont work or ever will work. You wont allow any teddies in your house and you dont go to mosque or well u think its wrong.

Since when according to the shariah law make it impermissble for women to work or go to the Mosque?

Zara, Khadjia RA was married to the final prophet of Allah PBUH and she worked, so according to you and the taliban that was wrong of her and sinful according to their "law"? :?

i agree with the taliban about women not being allowed to go to mosque.
i agree with them about banning stuffed toys like teddy bears.
i thought it was compulsory for a man to have a beard???
i didn't know about the niqaab, that's why i had to ask you guys.
and i dunno about work, it's a man's job to provide for his wife and children, so if he works, there's no need for the woman to work, is there?

Not every woman has a man to provide for her. Especially in warzones, where a large number of men may have died.

And there are deeds that are personal, and deeds that are public. Keeping a beard is important for men, but its not a government decision thing. Its personal.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"zara" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
i think so.

i agree with the taliban about women not being allowed to go to mosque.
i agree with them about banning stuffed toys like teddy bears.
i thought it was compulsory for a man to have a beard???
i didn't know about the niqaab, that's why i had to ask you guys.
and i dunno about work, it's a man's job to provide for his wife and children, so if he works, there's no need for the woman to work, is there?

Why do you agree that women shoudnt be allowed to go to Mosque? The Sahabiyaat RA went to Mosque, the wifes of the prophet s.a.w went to Mosque so why cant we?

It isnt fard for men to have beards however it is Sunnah. Theres a difference Zara.

Its a mans duty to provide for the wife and kids but that doesnt mean a woman cant work.

med dont fool anyone , u are an open supporter of osama and taliban... and you're sect....just admit it.

your views on women, masaajid and other issues are same as taliban...

u keep using 'ahlus sunnah' alot, but your mentality and views contradict the ahlus sunnah... u randomnly quote 1 book and 1 hadith out of context and say these are views of ahlus sunnah:-)

u cant tolerate views of others without insulting and accusing them.

i sussed you out long time ago...

"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Why do you agree that women shoudnt be allowed to go to Mosque? The Sahabiyaat RA went to Mosque, the wifes of the prophet s.a.w went to Mosque so why cant we?

It isnt fard for men to have beards however it is Sunnah. Theres a difference Zara.

Its a mans duty to provide for the wife and kids but that doesnt mean a woman cant work.

cuz med said they weren't allowed. and he has proof (even tho i havent seen it)
i didn't know about the beard thing, thanks for that.
about women working, there is this mufti ebrahim person, i can't remember his name, he said that it's not permissible for women to work, so that's why i thought it wasn't.

"zara" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

about women working, there is this mufti ebrahim person, i can't remember his name, he said that it's not permissible for women to work, so that's why i thought it wasn't.

Whatever Med says are you going to believe him? So if he says jump of the cliff and u'll go to heaven are you going to do it? No u wont so dont be stupid.
As Muslims we don't blindly follow, you shud have asked this mufti why isnt it allowed, if the prophets pbuh wife worked why cant we?
So next time Zara, do research into things before you start saying whats fard and whats not.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Whatever Med says are you going to believe him? So if he says jump of the cliff and u'll go to heaven are you going to do it? No u wont so dont be stupid.
As Muslims we don't blindly follow, you shud have asked this mufti why isnt it allowed, if the prophets pbuh wife worked why cant we?
So next time Zara, do research into things before you start saying whats fard and whats not.

i tries asking the mufti but everytime i go on, it says "Sorry, the quota for the number of questions submitted today has been reached."
and why shouldn't i believe med, he has lots of knowledge about Islam.

So u got your sources from an online source, any1 cud have gave u tht answer, how do you no they dont follow the same fiqh as u, many differnt mufti. scholrz, sheikhs carry differnt views about certain issues in islam.

Meds not a Scholar or Sheikh, well i dont think he is, anyway, in islam wer not taught to follow by hearsay, do ur own research. by all means u can listen to him, but i find that rather stupid, u might not even follow the same fiqh.

Pages