Hijaab Vs Niqaab

142 posts / 0 new
Last post

"zara" wrote:
i told them if they keep taking the mick i will be a terrorist, guess i shouldn't have said that. but they didn't bother me after that, so i had my last week in peace!

Zara, you worry me sometimes..

"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Be patient and Inshallah, Allah Ta'Allah will make things easy for you.

yes most definelty paitience is a virtue

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
However, hands and feet are not part of the muslims woman awrah according to the hanafi fiqh (i maybe wrong)

Yes, you are right.

The face is considered not to be awra but most classical scholars of the hanafi school say that it is wajib to also cover the face.

The majority of Imams - including those of the Four Schools as well as others - share the above interpretation of Ibn `Abbas, and thus hold the opinion that a woman is not obliged to cover her face and hands.

The aforementioned position of the majority on this issue seems to be more consistent with the general understanding and evidences of the Qur’an and Sunnah than of those who advocate covering the face and hands as well. There are several proofs which point to this conclusion:

Firstly, the verse quoted above from the Qur’an, seems to presume that the women it addresses are not wholly covered (i.e. face and hands), since otherwise, there is no sense in ordering both genders to lower their gazes.

Secondly, it is a general consensus among scholars that a woman is not required to cover her face and hands while performing Salah; if these were deemed to be `Awrah, it would certainly have been necessary to cover them.

Thirdly, a woman is required to bare her face while she is in a state of Ihram (during Hajj and `Umrah), which again, confirms what we said earlier.

Moreover, the evidences in the sources – the Qur’an and the Sunnah - are overwhelming in showing that the Hijab as prescribed by Islam was not meant to segregate women or shut them out of the social involvement and participation in the affairs of the Muslim community since the participation of Muslim women - at all levels of Islamic life - is fully documented beyond a shadow of doubt in the sources of Shari`ah. Such active participation as described in the sources is conceivable only if we assume that women were not wholly covered from head to toe.

In light of the above, we conclude: a Muslim woman is required to cover all her body except her face and hands, according to the majority of scholars belonging to all schools. Covering the head, however, is not at all a disputed issue among them - they all agree that this is a necessary part of Hijab.

[url=

in my opinion niqaab increases noor...you can physically see the noor gleaming from the one who observes the niqaab...it works as a deterrent and increases the taqwa.

sister Zara..ur so young and MashaAllah, on the path of righteousness...if I could turn back time and be your age again I would most definitely observe the niqaab.

"If your love is sincere then obey him; for the lover obeys the one whom he loves."
"When a community takes to misdeeds, it takes to decorating Mosques"

"Med Mian" wrote:
"Fresh!" wrote:

brother med is teh niqab complusory

Im assuming thats a question brother?

Shes a sister.

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Heres an insightful summary of the Niqab according to Hanafi fiqh:

[b]Is it necessary to wear niqab? Isn't the hijab enough?[/b]
Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

In the West, and for those in difficult social or family situations in Muslim lands, what is emphasized and unquestionable is the obligation for women to wear hijab.

As for wearing niqab (the face veil), this was considered necessary (wajib) by the classical scholars of the Hanafi school, as well as other Sunni schools such as the Shafi`i school. However, this is often not reasonably possible to follow for many people, given their personal, family, or social situation.

[b]The Transmitted Ruling [/b]

The transmitted position of the Hanafi school is that a woman’s face, though not considered of a woman’s ‘nakedness’ (awrah), is necessary (wajib) to cover because of the fitna involved in not doing so. This mentioned in virtually all its major texts, including the Hashiya of Ibn Abidin, the Hashiya of al-Tahtawi, al-Bahr al-Ra’iq, al-Hidaya, its commentaries, and other texts.

[b]The Ruling For Our Times and Situation [/b]

As for what the ruling is in our times, the scholars differ.

Some scholars say that this ruling would remain the “basic ruling” on the matter. As Shaykh Wahbi Sulayman Ghawji, a Syrian Hanafi scholar of Albanian origin, shows, the evidence for covering the face is far stronger, from the Qur’an, Sunna, and is the position of the vast majority of classical Qur’anic exegetes, hadith commentators, and jurists.

However, as Shaykh Mahmoud Ashraf Usmani and other major god-fearing scholars explain, in our times, what we necessarily emphasize is the need to wear hijab. For many people, and in many situations, this is all that is reasonably possible to wear.

I heard similar rulings from scholars in Damascus. This is also what major traditional scholars who understand the reality of Muslims in the West state.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:
"Fresh!" wrote:

Shes a sister.

i offended brother med u thought i was nt a sister :x

"Fresh!" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:
"Fresh!" wrote:

Shes a sister.

Well do you blame him? What kindoff name is Fresh!?

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Fresh!" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:
"Fresh!" wrote:

Shes a sister.

Well do you blame him? What kindoff name is Fresh!?

whats so wrong with fresh! it nice look here Noor every time u say it u think of freshness

why cant a sis have fresh!

Part of the confusion could be because peviously a member went by 'Fresh Prince' (of Belair....)

He was caled freshie for short.

So Med probably assumed from that...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Part of the confusion could be because peviously a member went by 'Fresh Prince' (of Belair....)

He was caled freshie for short.

So Med probably assumed from that...

oh i see , well i sorry for any confusion it has cause. NOOR i change it anyway knw u happy :!:

Whats ther to be happy about?

and

Whats your name got to do with me?

Not your fault.

I think we may need a topic on injokes/ettiquete on these forums. New people will not easily understand a few things here.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Not your fault.

I think we may need a topic on injokes/ettiquete on these forums. New people will not easily understand a few things here.

yes brother i totally agree . try to knock sm sense into Noor she thinks we been on here fr ages wen we have only join up a day ago :!:

"genie" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Not your fault.

yes brother i totally agree . try to knock sm sense into Noor she thinks we been on here fr ages wen we have only join up a day ago :!:

whose this we?
are you a royal? :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med Mian" wrote:
"genie" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Not your fault.

whose this we?
are you a royal? :twisted:

Far from it!

:twisted:

Articles argueing Niqab is [b]NOT[/b] fardh or compulsory:

1. The Face Veil is Not Obligatory

2. Niqab is not required in Islamic Law

3. Examining the dalils for Niqab

4. More Perspectives on Why Niqab is Not Fard

5. Does Surah an-Nur ayah 31 Command Niqab?

6. What is the Final Rule on Hijab?

At the same time you will also find arguments that niqab is fardh.

Thats why its a difference of opinion among prominent ulema today as in the past.

If you believe its fardh, you have every right to that and others should respect it. If you think its not fardh then you have a right to that and others should respect that aswell.

thanks Ed

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Sister Zara i think you should take a good look at the evidences for and against niqab. Then look at the positive and negative aspects and weigh them up. Then decide if you want to wear it. If i were you i would not accept the opinions of other ppl, that includes me.

It's not an easy decision to make and since you have a "choice" in this matter it's a choice you should make alone. Go with what you believe and don't allow anyone to make you think otherwise. End of the day you're not living to please anyone except God.

Actually we all have choices - we can be muslim or kafir, a pious man or a devilish man.

We can choose to pray or we can choose not to pray.

In that sense it [i]is[/i] a ladies choice.

In the other sense we have to pray - we cant choose not to, similarly she has to veil - she cant choose not to.

And if nothing else - listen to your father. He is the door to your Paradise, obey him in what he orders you inshaALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

if niqab was fard you could say she had no choice but is that the case :?

"yashmaki" wrote:

My sisters its wajib in our hanafi madhab = no choice. :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i know it's wajib but there's a difference between wajib and fard isn't there even though it's marginal.

Obviously im all for the niqab however many sisters find it too difficult to wear the basic hijab that should be encouraged more so because it is fard.

i'll start wearing niqaab in about 2 years time, jilbab and hijab are enough for me at the moment

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
i'll start wearing niqaab in about 2 years time, jilbab and hijab are enough for me at the moment

You do what you have to do sis, and wear it when your ready.
You can take advice from people but you don't always have to listen to it. Do what you think is best.

"zara" wrote:

yes sister wear it when you feel its right to do so , bearing in mind it takes some girls a long time to decide on wearing teh hijab and jibab let alone teh niqab . Biggrin and if i nt mistaken your only 13 , know u dnt reli see many 13 yrs old dress all modestly Wink

"Med Mian" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

My sisters its wajib in our hanafi madhab = no choice. :twisted:

keep your personal views to yourself and stop enforcing your view on others.

you may think theres no choice but for the rest of the ummah, hanafis included it is their CHOICE... as niqab is not necessarily fardh. hijab is , niqab isnt.
but if you think it is, fair enough.

now can u tolerate that alot of muslims, hanafi muslims, scholars beleive niqab is NOT fardh.... i dont think you can cos you're the type that doesnt accept anyones views apart from your views and your group/sects....

message to all sisters: follow Islam to best of your ability, if you dont wear hijab it doesnt mean you are a bad muslim, it just means you are neglecting a fardh act... which is a big sin...but you should always have the aim and intention to do the hijab as soon as you can. with niqab if you feel comfortable with it, then do so, but if you dont then dont- its that simple....

and also...dont take too much notice of med, hes brainwashed by the taliban, osama and his sect.... and likes to enforce his views on all... if you disagree with him it means you're wrong, misguided, influenced by the media or the west:-)

men like him like to bang onabout hijab, niqab and parda 24/7.... and discourage them from going mosque, working or playing a positive role in society.

Jazakallah for that Ed, i'll keep that in mind.

Pages