Hijaab Vs Niqaab

142 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Med Mian" wrote:
the ulama state that even there it wud be better for the women to pray at home - there is no denying this.

If the Sahaabiyaat were banned by the Sahaabah from praying in Masjid Nabwi alayhis salaam - the issue is pretty clear as far as Im concerned.

neways this has been discussed before in detail - with the relevant proofs. I refer questioners to there.

Were they?

I remember MuslimSister conclusively refuting your points last time.

What I remember was the wife of Hadhrat Umar (ra), the second Khalifah of Islam, asking wether he was banning her from going to pray in mosque. The answer was not in the affirmative...

I distinctly you having to pack your bags on the issue. I will have to have a look back.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I dont trust the internet, maybe a book...?

"Med Mian" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:
The station of Masjid Al Haraam, Masjid Nabawi alayhis salaam and Masjid al Aqsa is unique among the masaajid of the world.

Yes they most defently are, however all Mosques are the Houses of Allah so why shud they be treated any differently,[b] if the prophet of Allah was here do you think he wouldnt allow women to enter Mosques[/b]?

Hadrat Aisha radhiyallahu anha has already answered that question.

But not for all time.

She (radhiyallaha) saw somethign wrong, and moved to get it corrected. Now that could have been a one off issue, an issue for a cetain time, or something else entirely. details, details.

If it was to be banned for all time, the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would have acted himself. Afterall he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would not have allowed such confusion to take place.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If peoples understandings are better than the fuqahas then mashaALLAH to them.

Packing my bags?

I gave the proofs alhamdulillah to the best of my ability and after having done mutala'a of my books. If after the proofs are given a person refuses to accept it or cannot give an evidence from the books of fiqah then the dsicussion is over - the rest is for people to make their minds up.

That is what has been done.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

from what ive been taught the overiding hanafi view is that women can go to the masjid to pray however it's not incumbent on them, and they receive a greater reward for praying in the privacy of their own home. None of the four madhabs deny the woman's reward is greater for praying at home. On that basis the majority of the ulema encourage women to pray at home.

However that does not mean they can never enter a masjid. In fact many sisters in the west especially reverts and those muslims who have found a new thirst for their religion tend to feel very lonely and isolated. This can result in depression and a lack of zeal for worship. Also some ppl require other ppl around them to encourage them towards good, they excel in worship when attending group gatherings, rather than praying in seclusion. For such individuals it's better that they go to the masjid even if it's just once a week to benefit from the sermons, classes, and daily prayers. As long as they dress appropriately and go for this purpose alone the ulema don't deny them this right.

So i duno why we're arguing :?

noor,

Quote:
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had observed that which women have now introduced (i.e. after the demise of Rasulullah), he would most certainly have prevented them from attending the Musjid just as the women of Bani Israeel were prevented." Yahya enquired: 'What, were the women of Bani Israeel prevented from the Musaajid?' Umrah replied. 'Yes.'

When Ameerul Mu'mineen Hadhrat Umar (radhiallahu anhu) finally enacted the prohibition to prevent women from g oing to the Musjid, they complained to Aishah (radhiallahu anha). Answering their complaint, Hadhrat Aishah (radhiallahu anha) said: "If Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had known what Umar now knows (of the condition of women), he would not have granted you permission to emerge (i.e. to leave your homes and come to the Musjid for Salaat)." (Jaamiur Rumooz)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Quote:
There is no doubt that a woman’s prayer in her house is better for her than praying in the mosque, as is indicated by the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him). He said: "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque, even though their houses are better for them." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid: Baab al-tashdeed fee dhaalik. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7458).

Quote:
From ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar, who said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace be upon him) say: ‘Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission.’" Bilaal ibn ‘Abdullah said, "By Allaah, we will prevent them." (Ibn ‘Umar) turned to him and told him off in an unprecedented fashion, saying: "I tell you what the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said, and you say ‘By Allaah, we will prevent them’!!" (reported by Muslim, 667).

Thanks to anonymous member. :twisted:

[url=. The page also had other ahadith, and more of an answer.

What I see here is Hadhrat Umar (ra) NOT banning women from going to the mosque, not the other way around.

The Second Hadith that Admin has quoted is from Muslim hence you can't refute it

"Angel" wrote:
The Second Hadith that Admin has quoted is from Muslim hence you can't refute it

i was looking forward to read tarvee prayer at teh mosque with other sisters. But from resources provided teh more blessing will be recived reading at home .

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Well you can read half and half, thing is some people prefer to read it in congregation and others alone, the Hadith doesn't say its haram or disliked. If you want more blessings then you can read it in the house and if you want to read in mosque with those close to you then nothing is wrong with it.

However if your mosque is likely to give talk or have zikr after the prayer then its better to go to mosque as you are gaining knowledge and at the same time blessings for the remembrance of Allah (swt).

"Angel" wrote:
Well you can read half and half, thing is some people prefer to read it in congregation and others alone, the Hadith doesn't say its haram or disliked. If you want more blessings then you can read it in the house and if you want to read in mosque with those close to you then nothing is wrong with it.

However if your mosque is likely to give talk or have zikr after the prayer then its better to go to mosque as you are gaining knowledge and at the same time blessings for the remembrance of Allah (swt).

jazakallah Smile

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"yashmaki" wrote:
Were there male nursery nurses working alongside your friend? I ask coz if there weren't any men about she could have removed it for work, and put it back on afterwards.

My husband's nephew used to be scared of me in the veil simply coz he'd never seen a woman dressed like that. He wouldn't leave the room but he wouldn't sit on my lap. But i carried on visiting every wkend and he got used to me. He;s no longer afraid of women in niqabs.

Coz of that i thght my own nephew would be scared of me. But he was completely different he'd come up to me and pull my veil down, he instinctively knew it was me.

So it really depends on the temperament of each child, and also how much they're exposed to women in this sort of dress.

I always thght niqabi sisters could easily work with kids i mean small children coz usually most the teachers/carers are female. So the face veil can easily be removed for work purposes?

I admit it can be a hindrance in a lot of professions, and realistically it can reduce your chances of doing well in an interview aswell.

Niqabi women who want to work can be restricted to certain jobs. Women only jobs or institutions. So if you're adamant about working and going up the career ladder the niqab in western countries is not for you.

If however you're willing to go to saudi arabia there are many professional careers open to niqabi women.

I'm not trying to put anyone off the niqab just giving you a realistic view.

P.S i was thinkin of training as a nursery nurse coz it tends to be women only, but i've changed my mind i don't wana work with kids anymore lool

Most Nursurys are predominately female based.

My friend (like me) did Agency Work...which means that on a daily basis she was in a different nursury.

This meant that the kids never had time to get used to her...also, the thing with agency work is that because every day your in a new place you have to be really professional, hardworking and smily, encouraging and have to basically give it your all...you only have one day to impress the school/nursury.

Since Kids were running away from her...this didnt look good on her record...and also, because she like most Scholars didnt believe it was Fard/Wajib is wasnt a big issue for her to take it off.

I know what you mean about working with kids though...I love them to bits and give 101% to teaching...however, it also feels really really good to wave them goodbye at 3.30pm and know that your not taking them home with you...

"Admin" wrote:
Quote:
There is no doubt that a woman’s prayer in her house is better for her than praying in the mosque, as is indicated by the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him). He said: "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque, even though their houses are better for them." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid: Baab al-tashdeed fee dhaalik. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7458).

Quote:
From ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar, who said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace be upon him) say: ‘Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission.’" Bilaal ibn ‘Abdullah said, "By Allaah, we will prevent them." (Ibn ‘Umar) turned to him and told him off in an unprecedented fashion, saying: "I tell you what the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said, and you say ‘By Allaah, we will prevent them’!!" (reported by Muslim, 667).

What I see here is Hadhrat Umar (ra) NOT banning women from going to the mosque, not the other way around.

those quotes are from a website.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"Admin" wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Read it again.

Ibn Umar and Umar are two different people. You've seen wrong.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"*DUST*" wrote:
Med what year of Darul 'Uloom are you in?

ours isn't a full fledged Darul Uloom. I'm in class of dawr and study some kitabs when Ustadji thinks Im ready for them - I'm starting dars e nizami AFTER uni inshaALLAH.

Basically at the moment am just going for dawr or for some certain books - my proper teaching is starting after uni inshaALLAH.

bit of a random qsn. :?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med Mian" wrote:
Read it again.

:oops: mixing up to diferent personalities.

"Admin" wrote:
"Med Mian" wrote:
Read it again.

:oops: mixing up to diferent personalities.

It happens bruv. Biggrin

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

the islam q-a link admin kindly provided is excellent!

Links:

[url= praying in the masjid[/url]

[url='s Congregations: A Question about the words of Sayyida A'isha [/url]

[url= going to the mosque[/url]

[url= is it better to pray at home for women?[/url]

[url= difference between fard and wajib[/url]

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Med" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
Med what year of Darul 'Uloom are you in?

ours isn't a full fledged Darul Uloom. I'm in class of dawr and study some kitabs when Ustadji thinks Im ready for them - I'm starting dars e nizami AFTER uni inshaALLAH.

Basically at the moment am just going for dawr or for some certain books - my proper teaching is starting after uni inshaALLAH.

bit of a random qsn. :?

not really, seeing as how you often talk about being taalib-e-ilm. which books have you studied/are studying?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Pages