The Revival Magazine-Issue 5 Out Now!

89 posts / 0 new
Last post

yeah thats the one!!

i want the magazine, but they should be free...like the revival!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Ed's gonna love the Islamic Magazine site... big pictures big writing. Ed would think he is in heaven :twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ok, after a marathon 1 bazillion hour session today, all articles are now online.

Read them individually in your own time, or have a look at the print version through the link below.

If anyone spots any mistakes, let me know.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Ok, after a marathon 1 bazillion hour session today, all articles are now online.

Read them individually in your own time, or have a look at the print version through the link below.

nice one admin.
so people have no excuse for not giving any feedback....:-)
can EVERYONE who hasnt already done so give us some feedback here on the current issue.
thank you

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

nice one admin.
can EVERYONE who hasnt already done so give us some feedback here on the current issue.
thank you

i only read the ali wannabe and jamal and sometimes the quizes, rest is too long and boring (for me)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

nice one admin.
thank you

i only read the ali wannabe and jamal and sometimes the quizes, rest is too long and boring (for me)

read the extremism article

u may learn sumin

scanned through it, it's a good article.
do you think i'm extreme?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
scanned through it, it's a good article.
do you think i'm extreme?

No. i think ur young and naive.

what does naive mean?

"zara" wrote:
what does naive mean?

Look it up

[b]Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially[/b]
great...

[color=magenta]ok firstly for the long delay in replying:
this was one of my favourite articles
[b]The Freedom To Insult?[/b]

it was very well written, n i really like the way in which there was a very mature approach in writing the piece, cuz of course all of us were angry n still angry why they the published the Pictures of the Prophet SAWS, but the fact that islam doesnt mock other religions was also shown in the article, overall the article was written shwing the whole argument of the issue nn explained why we were so peeved off at the publications, i also like "What should be done?2 part, n it actually questons the reader, so massive credit to the writers of the articles.

[b]Cut The Culture[/b]

i like the way humour n seriousness was blended together, obviously some of the issues being dealth with here were obviously very very delicate such as forced marriages but still lil bit of humour in th article gave it that extra edge.also really like the way how the islamic alternative/view is given, mashaAllah another great article

[b]The Revival Guide To The World Cup 2006[/b]

lolz, really enjoyed reading this like a proper sports page on a newspaper, well done, i love the short bios done on some of the Muslim footballers, but brazil didnt win it was italy innit?[/color]

Lol
[color=magenta]
sorry for the late reply inshaAllah give more feedback soon,[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]

lolz, really enjoyed reading this like a proper sports page on a newspaper, well done, i love the short bios done on some of the Muslim footballers, but brazil didnt win it was italy innit?[/color]

lol...told ya even women take interest in footy, especially world cup!

that was the aim exquisite, to make a slightly diff article, about football...but muslims too.

yeah the article was wriitten before world cup started....didnt get out till the semi finals or final i think Lol

i made sure there were no liverpool players in there Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Exquisite" wrote:

it was very well written, n i really like the way in which there was a very mature approach in writing the piece, cuz of course all of us were angry n still angry why they the published the Pictures of the Prophet SAWS, but the fact that islam doesnt mock other religions was also shown in the article, overall the article was written shwing the whole argument of the issue nn explained why we were so peeved off at the publications, i also like "What should be done?2 part, n it actually questons the reader, so massive credit to the writers of the articles.

Good writing there 'Ed! :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

Good writing there 'Ed! :twisted:

Lol, yep...but on a serious note, that editorial was fantastic.

"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
15 cross street

Right i'l note that down, thanks. My cousin has an Islamic book shop on new hall lane in Preston its called Revelations maybe i should distribute some there.

hey! I shop at revelations now and again! please distribute some..i'll go collect a load and distribute some in my area.

"If your love is sincere then obey him; for the lover obeys the one whom he loves."
"When a community takes to misdeeds, it takes to decorating Mosques"

"Sirus" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]

lol...told ya even women take interest in footy, especially world cup!

that was the aim exquisite, to make a slightly diff article, about football...but muslims too.

yeah the article was wriitten before world cup started....didnt get out till the semi finals or final i think Lol

i made sure there were no liverpool players in there Dirol

[color=magenta]
now that nots very nice, you should of just done a quick name list of other muslim players, club they play for an country

e.g: Mohamed Sissoko,liverpool, Mali???????[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

ed wanted me to put him in, but he's not at the world cup Smile

i mentioned other players....ronaldhino and rooney Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam brothers and sisters.

Another brilliant issue!!!

Great cover! This is really important as it's what will make someone decide whether to read the mag or not. All your covers have been really good, as the're not typical of any other Islamic mag out there, thus acheiving your aim of reaching your target audience. I like the way you dont cram everything thats in the mag onto the cover and instead just focus on one main thing.

Editorial - Mashallah! Brother, your editorials are really really strong. What a brilliant introduction to the mag. You say exactly what I want to hear my Ummah saying. And it's clear you mean every word. It was after accidentally coming across Issue 2 last September, and reading your editorial, that I started (for the first time in my life) to take an interest in my religion - JazaakAllah Khair brother.

(My copy was black and white so dont know if that distorts it or not, but what is the picture of in the background? A house?........A mosque attacked by arsonists??

Cut the Culture by Alveena Salim - A great article and much needed! I've read a few of your previous articles on the website sister, and the're all really good. Particularly liked the last one in Issue 4 and the FRIENDS one. Keep up the good work!

Ali & Jamal - Nothing really to say.........Just brilliant! Look forward to reading the next installment.

An Idiot's Guide To Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) - I was hoping you would cover this in some way. The way you have is really good, ie common Q's asked by non-muslims. This way is much better/effective than if it had been in an essay-type format, as it breaks up the info and is easier to read. I'm glad you covered all that you did and not just focus on a few points. Muslims who really know their stuff may criticise it, but the're not exactly who the article is intended for. That's why..........you shouldn't have written "Idiots". You're insulting those who you are trying to reach out to - not too clever. Thats the only thing I had issues with, other than that I think the article was much needed and you did a really good job. Oh, instead of (See The Revival website for further details), how about (Visit for further details)?

The Revival World Cup Guide By Hayder Khan - A good event to cover, and a great article. Really well written, great that you mentioned non-muslim players too. Like all your previous articles too, especially "Eid not Weed". Keep up the good work, brother.
(A real shame about the issue coming out late, Ed)

What role does Islam play in your life? - Really good feature. Could make this a regular if it isn't already, with diff Q's asked each issue. Good variation of answers. But..... really didnt like the layout. Why have pictures?....so not necessary. And the whole speech bubble thing.... looks very amateurish. (Sorry.......just my opinion. You're all doing far more good than me.)

Extremism: Mother of all Beasts by Irfan Khan - really, really good. Covers everything, very intelligent- brilliant.

Q and A with Shaykh Salim Ghisa - Great, much needed feature.

Turkey of the Month by Naheem Zaffar - Really funny. Well Done brother.

Danny Williams Interview - Wow! Got some nice contacts, hey! Amir Khan next, please!!!

Your advert for donations and subscriptions is really tiny. Is it supposed to be noticed?

Overall.......... just brilliant!

To all at The Revival - Keep on doing what you're doing! You really do reach out to people. May Allah SWT bless you all and reward you in the best way.

Jazaakallah, and thanks for the detailed review.

"Imaani" wrote:
Salaam brothers and sisters.

Another brilliant issue!!!

Great cover! This is really important as it's what will make someone decide whether to read the mag or not. All your covers have been really good, as the're not typical of any other Islamic mag out there, thus acheiving your aim of reaching your target audience. I like the way you dont cram everything thats in the mag onto the cover and instead just focus on one main thing.

Editorial - Mashallah! Brother, your editorials are really really strong. What a brilliant introduction to the mag. You say exactly what I want to hear my Ummah saying. And it's clear you mean every word. It was after accidentally coming across Issue 2 last September, and reading your editorial, that I started (for the first time in my life) to take an interest in my religion - JazaakAllah Khair brother.

(My copy was black and white so dont know if that distorts it or not, but what is the picture of in the background? A house?........A mosque attacked by arsonists??

Cut the Culture by Alveena Salim - A great article and much needed! I've read a few of your previous articles on the website sister, and the're all really good. Particularly liked the last one in Issue 4 and the FRIENDS one. Keep up the good work!

Ali & Jamal - Nothing really to say.........Just brilliant! Look forward to reading the next installment.

An Idiot's Guide To Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) - I was hoping you would cover this in some way. The way you have is really good, ie common Q's asked by non-muslims. This way is much better/effective than if it had been in an essay-type format, as it breaks up the info and is easier to read. I'm glad you covered all that you did and not just focus on a few points. Muslims who really know their stuff may criticise it, but the're not exactly who the article is intended for. That's why..........you shouldn't have written "Idiots". You're insulting those who you are trying to reach out to - not too clever. Thats the only thing I had issues with, other than that I think the article was much needed and you did a really good job. Oh, instead of (See The Revival website for further details), how about (Visit for further details)?

The Revival World Cup Guide By Hayder Khan - A good event to cover, and a great article. Really well written, great that you mentioned non-muslim players too. Like all your previous articles too, especially "Eid not Weed". Keep up the good work, brother.
(A real shame about the issue coming out late, Ed)

What role does Islam play in your life? - Really good feature. Could make this a regular if it isn't already, with diff Q's asked each issue. Good variation of answers. But..... really didnt like the layout. Why have pictures?....so not necessary. And the whole speech bubble thing.... looks very amateurish. (Sorry.......just my opinion. You're all doing far more good than me.)

Extremism: Mother of all Beasts by Irfan Khan - really, really good. Covers everything, very intelligent- brilliant.

Q and A with Shaykh Salim Ghisa - Great, much needed feature.

Turkey of the Month by Naheem Zaffar - Really funny. Well Done brother.

Danny Williams Interview - Wow! Got some nice contacts, hey! Amir Khan next, please!!!

Your advert for donations and subscriptions is really tiny. Is it supposed to be noticed?

Overall.......... just brilliant!

To all at The Revival - Keep on doing what you're doing! You really do reach out to people. May Allah SWT bless you all and reward you in the best way.

jazakhallah khair sis for your feedback. it is very much appreciated.

Finally managed to read all of the revival mag, was up till 5 readin it! Overall wikd mag, enjoyed reading it, so thumbs up!

Weldun! Biggrin

That was the most detailed feedback in this thread. Jazakhallah Imaani for that much needed feedback.

who writes the revival?

Editor: Sajid Iqbal
Sub editors: Irfan Khan, Alveena Salim, Zarin Khan
Editorial Team: Saadia Iqbal, Madheia Salim, Saydia Iqbal, Khalid Mirza, Naheem Zaffar, Adnan Khan, Shmoun Maqsood, Hayder Khan, Imran Younis
Scholars: Imam Manzoor Ahmed Shakir; Shaykh Salim Ghisa; Irfan Chisti; Jawed Iqbal
Sales and Marketing: Zahid Maqbool
Art and Design: Shaid Ayub, Ramzaan
Comic artist: Adnan Idrees
Finance Manager: Zarin Khan
Distribution: Jamil Chisti

Thats the list of names given in the first issue of the Revival...a lot more people have joined since then.

thanks

how can sum1 be part of the reviavl team and what do you have to do?

"rose" wrote:
how can sum1 be part of the reviavl team and what do you have to do?

u need to email Ed.

Pages