The Revival Magazine-Issue 5 Out Now!

Salaam

Just to let you know The Revival Magazine Issue 5 is out now.

Will be on line soon.

To order your copy email me at

Also feel free to distribute the magazine in your are.

Please post your feedback here.

Wassallaam

pfft!!! What a boring announcement!

I am sure my snnouncements are better than that.

Ok onto impressions then...

Well its been a while since I read anything in it, so i cannot remember! :oops:

That must mean it has little chance of psychological damage to the readers. Unless that is why I cannot remember anything in it... Blum 3

Well now the question is onto distribution. It is better if volunteers to distribute email 'Ed instead of just asking for a single copy etc... think of it as Doing a service to others around you... and helping us out an awful lot.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's a shame it takes so long to publish the magazines, I love reading them.

I can't even remember what I read in the last issue, it seems ages ago.

Do you know what i didnt even know this website,forum and the magazine existed. Only a few weeks ago i was in my mums room and i though to myself i always see this book with a union jack on it, i wonder what it is. When i picked it up i cracked up and found it funny coz theres a girl with a union jack hijaab on it so i started reading it.

Its really good, a good idea i buzz of Ali wannabe and jamaal good work keep it up.

Islam is the Key to paradise but without practice it won't open the gates.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Salaam

Just to let you know The Revival Magazine Issue 5 is out now.

Will be on line soon.

To order your copy email me at

Also feel free to distribute the magazine in your are.

Please post your feedback here.

Wassallaam

how do i order the new edition????

It should come to your area, what city or town u from?

you could get it sent to you (10 quid a year)

and you can help distribute if it doesnt come your area Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

im from Burnley in lancashire is it distributed around this area?

"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

It should be!

I'm gona send some to accrington and nelson on sunday/monday.......you could pick it up from there, or i will try getting someone to send some to burnley inshallah

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

It should be!

I'm gona send some to accrington and nelson on sunday/monday.......you could pick it up from there, or i will try getting someone to send some to burnley inshallah

I don't mind distributing but if you can leave some copies in Nelson i'l go and pick some up. Let me know where you leave em bro. :?:

"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

It should be!

I don't mind distributing but if you can leave some copies in Nelson i'l go and pick some up. Let me know where you leave em bro. :?:

Minhaj Ul Quran centre in Nelson most likely..........if you want to distribbute, contact the editor

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
"kas" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

It should be!

Minhaj Ul Quran centre in Nelson most likely..........if you want to distribbute, contact the editor

Yes i will do. What street is that on?

15 cross street

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
15 cross street

Right i'l note that down, thanks. My cousin has an Islamic book shop on new hall lane in Preston its called Revelations maybe i should distribute some there.

Never read the Revival Magazine (never knew about it before i came here) , how do i get hold of one?
Are they sold in Islamic bookstores?

"Vedeno" wrote:
Never read the Revival Magazine (never knew about it before i came here) , how do i get hold of one?
Are they sold in Islamic bookstores?

You can request one from the admin, or depending on where you live some will get distributed, where are you from?

Quote:
You can request one from the admin, or depending on where you live some will get distributed, where are you from?

In B'ham. Is there any way i can check one of the magazines out on the net? Just wanna know what theyre about.

"Vedeno" wrote:
Quote:

In B'ham. Is there any way i can check one of the magazines out on the net? Just wanna know what theyre about.

Its a muslim youth magazine, wriitten by the youth for the youth....

you can go on the [url= and read the previous issues, the current one will be available online shortly afterwards

if your in Birmingham....Beast will be distributing there, best ask him where you can pick up a copy from near you

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Nice one. Ill check out the previous issues inshallah , get a taste for the magazine. Blum 3

I paid £10 (1 year subscription) months back and I haven't received my copy...will I get issue 5 sent to me?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I paid £10 (1 year subscription) months back and I haven't received my copy...will I get issue 5 sent to me?

yes you will, just email your contact details to me for confirmation.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

Lol Lol This is too funny! The editorial team will love that! (the joke's not about you Muslim Bro.)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Ed' I'm still waiting for your confirmation, sometime this year would be good....

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Ed' I'm still waiting for your confirmation, sometime this year would be good....

Haha there is no such thing as confirmation when it comes to Ed, plus with the 5th issue recently released he must be busy, dont worry you will get your magazine.

ok so whos read issue 5- your feedback pls!!!

who on the forum hasnt got it, send me PM of ur contact details and i will send it out to you...

also ppl, we need more people to be a part of the magazine.... so do come forward.

I would have left feedback but I haven't read it.

I've pm'd you my contact details so I'm expecting issue 5...

I have now updated the site.

I have not stuck the articles on individually yet. But the pdf version is there to download and read.

Aswell as the cover on the front page to admire.

So no excuses not to leave feedback!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thanks Ed, I received issue 5 mwah! Wink

I've read it and I gotta say I like it but I've got a few questions.
You say that asian brides throw rice at weddings...do they coz I've never seen it. Btw I really liked the culture article (especially page 5)

Ali & Jamal are good as always (the endings brilliant!) and you know Irfan and Dawud who wrote it, are they the brothers from this forum?

I just have a few suggestions. The magazine is abit short and I finished reading it in an hour...I think. It would be good if you can make it abit longer by adding more stuff, like the thing I'm gonna mention next.

You should have an agony aunt type section. Speaking of which, what happened to Sister Ruqayyah Waris Maqsood? I really like reading about the advice she gives or maybe I can give advice to people. I'm really good at listening :twisted:

Can you also try and print the next issue soon coz I don't like waiting. And isn't it supposed to be a bi-monthly magazine, it's more like an annual magazine.

One last thing. If admin is putting the magazine up online, is there any point of printing the actual magazine?

Online, it will be articles only without the pics etc... so it depends on what you want. You may wanna print it as as on the pdf version, which [i]should[/i] be the same as the print version. Or you may just want the articles.

Besides not everyone sees the magazine. and not everyone sees the website. So we have both.

Agony Aunt so far is private. It exists, buu not as part of the mag or the website. At the moment we have nopt publicised it as publicly available. People write in, they get replies. No complications. No online open to all answers. No printed answers. It may change, it may not. Boith ways have their benefits and drawbacks.

Next issue should be far sooner than you think. We have a very strict schedule (which I am holding up by not getting an article ready atm...)

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Thanks Ed, I received issue 5 mwah! Wink

Ali & Jamal are good as always ([b]the endings brilliant![/b])

FUnny story about that... Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Whilst my name is not Dawud Patel, I have managed to get hold of the orignal ending to that article:

Quote:
Ali: Whoa that’s tight. I'z gonna give that some proper heavy thought.
Jamaal: Really? You’ll actually consider getting married.
Ali: Well I'm not saying I want to get married right now, but I don't think I'll be saying 'no' forever.
Jamaal: That’s encouraging to hear; by the way I love you too.
Ali: Yeah is that the time, already... [Raises his sleeve and looks at his wrist]
Jamaal: You're not wearing a watch, you're just looking at your skin-
Ali: yeah but, the skins dark brown so that means the sun's gone down-
Jamaal: no, that actually means you’re of indopak descent.

Ali: So tell the molvi Saab the program was really good.
Jamaal: You liked it, aww that’s beautiful.
Ali: Yeah, the way it started with the curry, and then some potato put in here and there, then how he wrapped it all up at the end with a small piece of naan. Genius. Left a warm glow inside of me.
Jamaal: Inside your stomach?
Ali: Whoa Jam, you're like psychotic, that’s exactly what I was thinking.
Jamaal: I meant it you know; I do love you as a brother...
Ali: So I guess this is Salaam 'till next time.
Jamaal: Trying to help you out, takes my mind off my own worries, I could have been somebody! Now I'm just a nobody...At least you're not judging me, greasy, greasy curry.
Ali: Yeah, uh don't call me, I'll call you [gets up to leave, hurriedly] WOAH JAM go easy on the meat, The RSPCA would send you down, if they saw you chomping it ALL up like that!
Jamaal: You're right. What was I thinking?
Ali: Just watching you, putting away the munch like that, made me feel dead full.
Jamaal: Okay! I'm over it, already!
Ali: Sorry bro...It’s just that you're always so self rightemonious and condespending all the time, it feels weird to have the roles switched-
Jamaal: Don't you have to be going?
Ali: I thought you said you loved me?
Jamaal: I do, but the curry doesn't talk back to me!
Ali: I'm soo glad I'm not married to you!
Jamaal: What are you saying? I'D MAKE A GREAT HUSBAND!.
Ali: Hey whatever! I still wouldn't marry you!
Jamaal: Why not...come on... [Start to sing] [i]"Tum paasse aye"[/i]...
Ali: uh oh...
Jamaal: ...[i]"Tum paasse aye"[/i]...
Ali: Hey! Don't make me do this, I'm warning you [starts to slowly back away]
Jamaal: [i]"Yun Muskurayee, Tum nena jane kya" [/i]
Ali: [whispers in a high pitched voice] [i]"Sapne de khaye, Aabto mera dil"[/i]
Jamaal: [i]"Jaane ka sota hai"[/i]
[Ali spins around to face jamaal]
Jamaal: [i]"Kya karoon ha yaee"[/i]
Ali: [whispering in the same voice] [i]"Kuch, Kuch hotha hai."[/i]

[Two little kids start clapping a beat, and Jamaal slowly stands up]

Jamaal:[i]"NaJaane kaisa eh saas hai"[/i]
Ali: [i]"Bujhti nahi hai, Kya pyaass hai"[/i]
Jamaal:[i]"Kya nasha es pya ro kya"[/i]
Ali:[i]"Mujpe sanam , Chaane laga"[/i]
Jamaal: [i]"Koina Jaane, Kyun Chain Hota Hai"[/i]
Ali: [placing the back of his hand on his forehead] [i]"Kya Karoon haye"[/i]
Both Together: [i]"Kuch Kuch Hota Hai!"[/i]

[Some time later, outside The Masjid. Both of them a little breathless from the singing]

Jamaal: Y'know, I don't think they'll ever let us back in there again.
Ali: Nah, did you see the way the molvi was crying into the tissue?
Jamaal: Ha-ha No that must have been when the chapal hit me in the face!
Ali: I'll see you later bro. As Salaamu alaykum.
Jamaal: hey, no abbreviations Masha Allah!
Ali: Heyyy...
Jamaal: I'm kidding, Wa alaykum as Salaam brother.

They hug and walk off in their separate directions into the moonlit night.

They had a little too much sheesha that day. Lol

Pages