Sports Thread

999 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Shabana" wrote:
Ahh, so no longer in love with Chelsea then Yuit? Blum 3
!

I assure you the team has my respect, but they won't be remember as a classy football team like Arsenal. But saying that if Chelsea win this year league and next years, they will have to go down as the greatest premiership team ever. Why? Simple, they won the league when they had strong competition, if you look at the years when Man U won, there wasmn't a contant challenge till Arsenal came about, when they sahre the honour of winning the league, however Chelsea have come when they had two very strong team and it can be argued 3 with Liverpool. So they winning it, is a bigger achievement IMO.

Football has lost it flair, they way they play remind me of how we play at the park, trying to kick lumps into each other, Arsenal and Villa are the most classy team about who don't fall into this trap Blum 3

Also you need to remember i have a love hate relationship with football and Manu, I love football and hate Manu Wink

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

I'm absolutely gutted.

Go on, rub it in then as I expect you would

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

i hadnt seen the pics till now

but what can i say

im findin it hard to take in..... :?

[size=24]i cant see aston villa doin any better[/size]

[size=7]made me feel a lil better....[/size]

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
hahaha the thing u need to know about me and villa is that I don't support them for glory, if they lose every week it doesn't affect me, but u manu fans are so used to winning u can't really handle defeat so well. It look another empty season for Manu Blum 3

well if i supported for glory mate, i wouldnt be as die hard as i still am now, considering the past 2 and half years

yeah were used to winning, but wouldnt you wanna be?

[size=9]only team in england better than us, and not for style of play, for consistency is Chelsea

any other team in UK cant talk[/size]

its not gonna be an empty season, whilst i wont say we will win the Premiership, its still open at the moment

and the FA cup 3rd round draw has only been made

and well...the mickey mouse cup, only good team left in it are Arsenal Biggrin
(winning that wouldnt mean anything tho, we all know that)

anything less than hte FA cup, 2nd in Premiership, and VERY close to chelsea or actually winning the league, and Fergie HAS TO GO....and O shea, and Fletcher, and Giggs, and Scholes

Ruud and Ronaldo need to get thier act together

Birng back keano as manager i say!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Haha you guys lost, in your face duhboy (sorry shabs but has to be done to the duh one over here)

Hayduh your a loser so is your team Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

"yuit" wrote:
hahaha the thing u need to know about me and villa is that I don't support them for glory, if they lose every week it doesn't affect me, but u manu fans are so used to winning u can't really handle defeat so well.

I can handle defeat well. Usually. (Unless if it's against a rival team)

You know what...I'm glad we're even not third in the group. We're better than the EUFA Cup.

"Shabana" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
hahaha the thing u need to know about me and villa is that I don't support them for glory, if they lose every week it doesn't affect me, but u manu fans are so used to winning u can't really handle defeat so well.

You know what...I'm glad we're even not third in the group. We're better than the EUFA Cup.

Yeah i sure :roll: , how embrassing bottom of the group, i personally thought Manu had the easiest group as well.

[url=http//

I'm not embarrassed. But we deserved what we got though.

aye, it was deserved

i was at the Benfica Home leg - the only one we won

and it was hardly convincing

but you cant say finishing last is better than 3rd

altho winning the Uefa wouldnt mean much

at least we SHOULD be able to concentrate fully on the league

no excuses now

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[img]

Racing Lens' Eric Carriere grimaces as he heads the ball during
the UEFA Cup first round first leg soccer match against Groclin
Grodzisk at the Felix Bollaert stadium in Lens, September 15,

Yahoo News Photos

[size=5]I've gotten rid of the link because it's changed to something inappropriate. [/size]

are we playin Arsenal? Biggrin

hahaha....they are almost as bad as Aston Villa....shouldnt be a problem Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
are we playin Arsenal? Biggrin

hahaha....they are almost as bad as Aston Villa....shouldnt be a problem Wink

Villa were better than Arsenal the other day.

Lets just hope Arsenal continue their current 'fine' form!

"Shabana" wrote:
Hey Yuit, guess what match is on tomorrow! Dirol

Who cares you only playing for second fiddle, not even that, i have liverpool finishing second this year. Arsenal had a excuse, this year was always going to be a rebuilding one, after losing Viera. Manu on the otherhand :roll: . Doesn't matter saw Chelsea match today and they simply too good for the competition this year and it maybe the case for a fair amount of years too come. All very despressing. But at least Villa won today Biggrin

[url=http//

u call that an excuse?

why didnt he buy anyone if he was rebuilding :roll:

United like to use the same excuse, not one i prescribe to myself....but its kinda true.....after the famous midfield of Becks-Scholes-Keane-Giggs.....it wasnt ever gonna be the same

but they got a good team and squad....unlike Arsenal......that midfield is pathetic.

Silva is on-off....Fabregas is too weak, but technically good....Flamini is rubbish....Ljunberg i rated, but has gone off....Pires i rated but cant seem to do much.

We COULD say we rebuilding after keano and use the same excuse.

but i believe you cant ever let standards drop - you have money for a reason - buy quality.

chelsea are good......but u cant do nothing more than hope they slip

and no, liverpool cant maintain this form all season

what has the history of the premiership ever taught you!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

No Arsenal are giving the like of Fabergas a year of experience, him and Flamini, they need it, before they can be establish first team player. Fabergas IMO has the making of a world class player. Next year we see the real Arsenal team. I give you losing Keano was a big deal, but apart from that, your team ook really strong tis year, had them favourite at teh beginning of the year, what a mistake :roll:

[url=http//

again, history hasnt taught you anything has it?

when the chips are down,United always bounce back

should Chelsea continue to dominate, which unfortunately looks likely, then we may at worst become second best

Arsenal's 'invincible' season jus covered the cracks in the team....they aint all that, luck plays a big part

Fabregas has experience, Flamini is getting it.....but what of the rest of the team? Cygan? LOL......cant-defend-Lauren? no-confidence-Ljunberg? Cant-get-on-any-1st-team-Pires?

abd you gotta admit......the subs bench these days looks terrible Biggrin

eboue? song? next guys :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
[size=18][b]Pakistan stun India to win series[/size]
Third Test, Karachi, day four:
Pakistan 245 & 599-7d beat India 238 & 265 by 341 runs[/b]

Pakistan crushed India by 341 runs with more than a day to spare in Karachi to take their first Test series win over their neighbours for 19 years.

All-rounder Abdul Razzaq took four wickets as the tourists were bundled out for 265 late in the day.

Faisal Iqbal's Test-best 139 had led to a Pakistan declaration on 599-7.

And left with the hopeless task of scoring 607 to win, India's batsmen all floundered save Yuvraj Singh, who battled away to score a defiant 112.

It was India's second heaviest defeat by a runs margin in their Test history.

Pakistan began the day on 511-5 in their second innings and added a quickfire 88 runs before opting to declare.

Razzaq (90) was the last man out as leg-spinner Anil Kumble finished with 3-151.

The hosts then wasted no time getting stuck into India's top order.

Captain Rahul Dravid edged Shoaib Akhtar to wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal in the first over of the innings.

Then four balls later, right-arm paceman Mohammad Asif got a delivery to seam back alarmingly at Virender Sehwag, ripping out his middle stump for a most emphatic dismissal.

Asif struck again either side of lunch, bowling two more right-handers.

VVS Laxman fell to another ball that cut back while Sachin Tendulkar was more unlucky, losing his off stump to a ball that kept low.

At 74-4, India were already heading to defeat, but a 103-run partnership between Yuvraj and Sourav Ganguly (37) prevented complete embarrassment.

Ganguly eventually played down the wrong line to a ball from Razzaq soon after tea and was out lbw.

Mahendra Dhoni then hung around for 35 balls before becoming Razzaq's second victim, giving second slip an easy catch.

Wickets began to fall quickly. Razzaq's following over included a brutish ball at Irfan Pathan that the batsman could only steer to gully.

Leg-spinner Danish Kaneria, beginning to extract good turn and bounce, claimed a deserved wicket when he dismissed Kumble.

And Kaneria had Imran Farhat to thank, the fielder diving acrobatically to his right at slip to grab Kumble's edged drive.

Yuvraj, dropped three times between 45 and 97, reached his second Test century with a single off Kaneria and then clubbed Razzaq over square leg for six.

But a Kaneria googly was too good for Zaheer Khan as Pakistan homed in on victory.

Razzaq eventually produced the coup de grace, Yuvraj's attempted pull caught by Akmal, who was named man of the match for his 113 on day one.

Pakistan wins Dirol

Back in BLACK

"Exquisite" wrote:

woteva that was a blatant fluke and Neville showed unsporting behaviour, n i 4gt weren't you knocked out of the champions league the competition LIVERPOOL one last year, i mean who cares bout the premiership chelsea won it already Europe is the real competition. oh and we are gna win today go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D

fluke eh? we'll see what the next round of the FA cup says Lol

unsporting behaviour.....u 4got all about smackhead...i mean Fowler :roll:

t'is called passion....and bieng a thru and thru red.....gary neville wasnt doing anything that we werent Biggrin

the CL last season was a blatant fluke....we'll see what happens this year

go go lampard!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

ahem Fowler is a true red, he's wot footies about passion for the club that bred and not the money he came for free, our champions league wasn't a fluke, it was passion, hard work, talent,team work and of course havin rafa as our manager helps man's an absolute genius, oh and dont you worry we're gna win the FA cup we're at home and the Kop does wonders go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D.

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
ahem Fowler is a true red, he's wot footies about passion for the club that bred and not the money he came for free, our champions league wasn't a fluke, it was passion, hard work, talent,team work and of course havin rafa as our manager helps man's an absolute genius, oh and dont you worry we're gna win the FA cup we're at home and the Kop does wonders go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D go G-E-R-R-A-R-D.

a scouser living in london Lol

Fowler was a red, then went white, then sky blue, and now hes an old man! should give up, are the strikers THAT bad at 'pool that you have to bring fowler back.....that is gotta be a joke move! Lol

the CL, clearly, was destined......one of them things, happened on the night - stuff like that doesnt happen everyday simply because it was a lot of luck and passion, and more luck.......and yes, United did win the CL in a similar way.....destined to be. not coz they were that good (altho we were!)

luck plays a big part in the cups....u gonna tell me Porto are a top european side :roll:

ur gona win the FA cup? what a joke! ur 4gettin who has the best record in the FA cup....yup, Man United Dirol

we the masters of the FA cup....the way our strike force is playin now, we can even rest Rooney! Saha is scoring....and did i 4get to mention......Ruud is leading goalscorer Dirol

and one major thing i hate about scousers....why do they call Fowler, 'God' (Astagfirullah!!!) :evil:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i don't thnk Fowler's "God" plz, like i sed he came back for free so we didn't lose anythng yes luck does play a big part, so you wouldn't get annoyed if i tell that last years FA cup final Arsenal won, who cares how well or bad (in man utd) case a team plays main thng is get the ball in the back of the net get three points, remember wev got two games in hand even todays match. but liverpool hav the best fans, the best manager, who manages the team, unlyk fergie, your boys are thugs. n there's nothing wrong wiv a scouser from london, i ain't a glory hunter which is the main thng

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
i don't thnk Fowler's "God" plz, like i sed he came back for free so we didn't lose anythng yes luck does play a big part, so you wouldn't get annoyed if i tell that last years FA cup final Arsenal won, who cares how well or bad (in man utd) case a team plays main thng is get the ball in the back of the net get three points, remember wev got two games in hand even todays match. but liverpool hav the best fans, the best manager, who manages the team, unlyk fergie, your boys are thugs. n there's nothing wrong wiv a scouser from london, i ain't a glory hunter which is the main thng

not a glory hunter? 2/1 bet either you support them coz:

a) you were around in the 70's and 80's supporting em
b) you support em coz your brothers/uncles/dad/cousins do
c) you support em coz they won the CL last season

if its a) or b).....you is a gorly hunter.....albeit, what glory! Lol

how many matches you been to at anfield? :twisted:

best fans? yeah ryt.....loads walked out in istanbul at 3-0.......best manager? thats a joke......NO MANAGER IN THE WORLD has won what fergie has, and has managed for so long......every1 knows fergie is the top dog

i respect mourinho, he looks upto fergie Dirol

and about getting the ball in the back of the net, well aint that what rio did Biggrin

only thing scousers are NOW good at, is stopping teams from scoring

gerrard aside, the rest are poo infront of goals

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

im only 16 so it cant be a) not b) my family r man utd supporters n deffo not c) mourinho cant stand the geezer up his own backside, havnt been to anfield but iv never abandoned them when they were at their worst, thankfully that time is well and truly over, Gerrard is a wicked player, stopping th ball is also another importnat thng n carragher,hypia, riise, finnan are all gr8 players, we are a team and ur ronaldo, is too busy trying to do tricks with his fets he gets tangled up and falls over and calls for a penalty

"Exquisite" wrote:
im only 16 so it cant be a) not b) my family r man utd supporters n deffo not c) mourinho cant stand the geezer up his own backside, havnt been to anfield but iv never abandoned them when they were at their worst, thankfully that time is well and truly over, Gerrard is a wicked player, stopping th ball is also another importnat thng n carragher,hypia, riise, finnan are all gr8 players, we are a team and ur ronaldo, is too busy trying to do tricks with his fets he gets tangled up and falls over and calls for a penalty

so u suport em coz...no reason! support your local team :twisted:

you cant stand mourinho coz hes a good manager who makes good buys....not 7ft lamposts Lol

like i said, all they are good at is stopping teams from scoring....but have no creative spark...a bore to watch!

and united are back to their ways of old......leak a few goals, but score more Lol

and u knw u would want ronaldo, park, roooney, ruud in ur team over garcia, crouch, cisse!, kewell

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i support them cuz they'r the BEST TEAM i also support my local team but liverpool are always my special one. i cant stand chelsea coz they but their success jus cuz they hav a russian billionaire Gerrard is our creative spark, n no i wouldn't want rooney, ronaldo, park etc cuz im perfectly happy wiv the ones we hav, kewell is like a new player, back to hw he was plaing for leeds. so hw is the glazer family settling into old trafford? Lol

"Exquisite" wrote:
i support them cuz they'r the BEST TEAM i also support my local team but liverpool are always my special one. i cant stand chelsea coz they but their success jus cuz they hav a russian billionaire Gerrard is our creative spark, n no i wouldn't want rooney, ronaldo, park etc cuz im perfectly happy wiv the ones we hav, kewell is like a new player, back to hw he was plaing for leeds. so hw is the glazer family settling into old trafford? Lol

the BEST TEAM....that hasnt won the premiership yet....wins the micky mouse treble.....yup, sure neats united's numerous premiership trophies, uniteds countless FA cup triumphs, and a PROPER treble :twisted:

u gotta give credit to chelsea tho.....the success of the team is down to the work rate of the players, they didnt buy superstars like real madrid tend to do....they bought good players, and mourinho has instilled within em confidence and a style of play that gaurentees results.

give credit where its due.....it MAY be there Era.....but United are still doin good, and we beat em last!

Chelsea havent bought success.....Terry was there all along, Lamps was there pre-Abrahamovic, and they spend as much as anyone per player, they jus can afford to do it more

rooney - 30million, rio - 30million, ruud - 17million
reyes - 21million, Hleb was about 10million i think, ermm...ok they are a skint club!
cisse - 15million pounds too much!, crouch - 7million, morientes - 7million

everyone spends....jus chelsea and united know how to buy good players! Biggrin

about the glazers, big deal....off the pitch stuff is for the businessmen, i is a passionate supporter of the team Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages