Sports Thread

Why has it taken so long for someone to remember the sports thread?

coz its summer, and footy hasn't started yet.

So will you lot support next season?

Will the Man U supporters stick with them, or support FC United? I don't know about me yet, I do not want to support that money grabber Glazer.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thought it had something to do with the football.

But cricket is on and F1.

BBC had a table-tennis final on today. Man are they desperate.

Nah table-tennis is surprisingly good. If you're playing that is.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

who watched englands lame batting against aussies?

dey should introduce performance related pay for these slackers...

bloody aussies...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

dont be silly, England wont win anything. 1 fluke world cup (rugby) and the footy...well its always gona be sumthin or anova in post-group stages at major tournaments.....cant score penalties, simply outclassed, daft substitutions. and cricket........theyre gettin better, but not many good test teams out there besides the Aussies!
i always support the team playing against england, patriotic or what Lol

premiership startin soon........write Man United off at your own peril.

ROOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD, RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....rio Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

as soon as i mention man united, every1 always shuts up. oh well.
premiership is about a week away.........i knw sum of u'z are regulars at the bookies....so lets hear ur bets:

champions:

runners up followed by 3rd and 4th:

relagation:

FA cup:

Mickey mouse cup:

Champions League:

La Liga:

Seria A:

Bundesliga:

Ligue 1:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

to answer my own question, seein as your all probz in bed besides Admin....

champ: Man United (i know this 1) Dirol

2nd: Arsenal (depens on pires, but Henry is still class) 3rd: Chelsea (too cocky, always backfires) :twisted: 4th: Middlesborough (yakubu = 20+ goals)

rel: west brom (2 close last tym), wigan (basement boys), portsmouth (outlived thier premiership status and sold all thier gud strikers :? )

FA cup: Liverpool (ive gotta giv them something! Blum 3 )

Mickey Mouse Cup: Tottenham (reserve teams v Spurs reserves and Davids)

UEFA CL: as much as i hope its Man United, its gona be Juventus this year. emerson-vieara, ibrahimovic-trez, buffon, cannavaro-zambrotta. oozing with quality

Spain: Real Madrid (Robhino will make a big diff, and the manager is turning things around...barca havnt bought much)

Italy: AC Milan.....GILARDINO, INZAGHI, SHCHEVNKO, VIERI, KAKA!

Germany: its a crappy league, so Bayern as usual

Ligue 1: Lyon, theyve already done 4 times in a row, u gotta be daft 2 bet against them!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL

wots dis i spy…another d umb ass man u fan…

hayder sabri...ur team r a bunch of has beens...

everyone with a brain knows the famous Chelsea r gonna win da premiership,(AGAIN) the FA cup and the champions league…

man u gonna fight it out for second with arsenal…AGAIN

EASY…

:twisted:

ps…why not support england at cricket!??

wots all dat about?

if ur family from pakistan, then fair dos’s, support them against england. onnly natural…

but why not want us to win against bloody aussies!!

sort it out…everyone want aussies knocked down a peg or two…and we da only ones capable of doing it at the mo…

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:

wots all dat about?

england is crap thats why

everyone knows Australia is the best cricket team in the world

esp asfter they beat Pakistan coupla years ago

I was glad Pakiland lost-they needed to be brought down a coupla pegs too

they lost cos of their arrogance and over confidence

I want england to beat the Aussies.

However its a cultural thing. If we visit pakistan, we support england. Here, we support pakistan.

Its a friendly rivalry.

If england do win the series we will not hear the end of the hype...

"Admin" wrote:
I want england to beat the Aussies.

However its a cultural thing. If we visit pakistan, we support england. Here, we support pakistan.

Why?

neway cricket is way to borin for my likin, the only thing i am looking forward to is the world cup!!!! (a bit of a wait i knw)

"St George" wrote:
LOL

wots dis i spy…another d umb ass man u fan…

hayder sabri...ur team r a bunch of has beens...

everyone with a brain knows the famous Chelsea r gonna win da premiership,(AGAIN) the FA cup and the champions league…

man u gonna fight it out for second with arsenal…AGAIN

EASY…

:twisted:

wots all dat about?

if ur family from pakistan, then fair dos’s, support them against england. onnly natural…

but why not want us to win against bloody aussies!!

sort it out…everyone want aussies knocked down a peg or two…and we da only ones capable of doing it at the mo…

famous chelsea....after one season? :shock: a 50 year wait and u win one premiership? you gotta be kidding me. mr mourinho even said fergie is the best, so ur just talkin cobblers! the hardest thing is to retain the title, not win it. as the 'immortals' of the season before, Arsenal.

Marky my words, dont write off Man United. Chelsea's arrogance and bully tactics will lead to their inevitable downfall. oh yeah, you win the charity shield...ur pretty much guarenteed not 2 win the title!

why i dont support england....well last time i checked, im classed as british pakistani.....nowhere duz it say england. when it comes 2 the home nations....i prefer the welsh and irish Biggrin thats coz they come across as more friendly people in general. and they dont ovverate themselves as the English tend to do.

i agree wiv angel, cant wait 4 the world cup. who you suporting? whos gona win?

BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL! Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:

i agree wiv angel, cant wait 4 the world cup. who you suporting? whos gona win?

BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL! Dirol

Who else!! Brazil is simply the best...brazil all the way!!!

i like ur thinking Wink

only 1 team to watch i guess! ....and argentina, italy and holland!

but kaka, ronaldhino, robhino, ronaldo, ADRIANO! and julio baptista....how can they go wrong? :shock:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

EVENING ALL Biggrin

itz sport ppl…if u cant make wild predictions about ur favourite team it ruins the whole ting… u gotta grandstand a bit…lol…

lilsis…england aint crap!…didn’t u see us take out the aussie war machine? We 2nd best currently…den when we win da ashes 4-1 we officially da best…

we play Pakistan later dis year…england bosses don’t wanna play in karachi…too scared…we won last time…but nobody watches test cricket in Pakistan, stadiums always empty...dunno why :?:

hayder sabri…we obviously got u rattled Lol u still not bad team, but we are too strong, especially defensivly…so don’t worry about ur rooneys and ur ronaldos..their not all dat anyway, they only perform 2 games out of 5…we r rock solid, maybe need a striker but we got crespo back…

We gonna win da league easy…but really we after champions league since we got cheated out of it last yr… :evil:

u can support who u want…but assmuming u live in england why not support us…but c’mon u cant want us to lose to aussies surely?

but i luv brazil also…they r da kings of football…nobody can play like them at their peak…everyone luvs em…

angel…so wont be supporting ur scotch lads?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:

angel…so wont be supporting ur scotch lads?

Lets face it georgy they aint exacly the best of players!! nah i stick with brazil! ronaldo is the best player ever!

Don't worry Georgy, you find that most muslims today are Glory supporters, which is why there is a abnormal amount of muslims who support the like of Man Utd, Liverpool and obviously now Chelsea as well. It all about the winning, I still support the underdog and the rubbish teams like Villa, so I be supporting England in the Ashes as well. Wink

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:
Don't worry Georgy, you find that most muslims today are Glory supporters, which is why there is a abnormal amount of muslims who support the like of Man Utd, Liverpool and obviously now Chelsea as well. It all about the winning, I still support the underdog and the rubbish teams like Villa, so I be supporting England in the Ashes as well. Wink

why bother suportin a team that is gona lose but then again i gues you dont aim very high!

"angel" wrote:
"kash" wrote:

why bother suportin a team that is gona lose but then again i gues you dont aim very high!

Because people who Glory support are alway destined for failure, because the high the expectation the bigger the drop down. Too be honest I can go and watch a match today and don't care who win, and just enjoy the sport for what it is. But you a girl so it going to be hard to explain anything sporty too you lot. :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:

Too be honest I can go and watch a match today and don't care who win, and just enjoy the sport for what it is

But you a girl so it going to be hard to explain anything sporty too you lot. :roll:

in other words you aint got anythin better to do hehe

oi dont get all sexist sayin i am a girl and dont knw nothin bout sport, at one point in my life i was footy mad!

bro kash, call me a glory hunter all you like.............its the only team ive ever known since i was a wee kid and i was at the nest matches of last season! (fenerbache, arsenal and arsenal again!) im just 20 mins up the road from manchester, so how thats golry hunting i dont know.
the only glory hunters are the masses who rush to abrahimovic's money.
its angel's choice as to which team she supports, can u blame her for wanting to watch good football?

as for the ashes....it was by 2 runs! and therz another 3 tests i belive.

p.s. cricket sucks anyway lol....i just love 2 hate the english Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:
bro kash, call me a glory hunter all you like.............its the only team ive ever known since i was a wee kid and i was at the nest matches of last season! (fenerbache, arsenal and arsenal again!) im just 20 mins up the road from manchester, so how thats golry hunting i dont know.
the only glory hunters are the masses who rush to abrahimovic's money.
its angel's choice as to which team she supports, can u blame her for wanting to watch good football?

as for the ashes....it was by 2 runs! and therz another 3 tests i belive.

p.s. cricket sucks anyway lol....i just love 2 hate the english Smile

Sorry bruv, nothing was directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation. Because you could so easily support Man city or the like the Oldham, or whatever team people live near. But they tend to support the team winning at the time. It quite natural for people, and they have to be call Glory supporters. Which is why Angel supports Brazil, England are as good as any team on the national level and they could win a major touramount, if they didn't have such a negative manager.

[url=http//

oldham athletic, quite pathetic.

theyre a crappy club with racist supporters. the local ground isnt 2 far, but my local park is better! its alryt 4 u, aston villa are in the prem! anywayz, ive only ever been intrested in United like i said, and its since i was a kid, my bro supported em so i ended up as well. man city...full of scally's!

no doubt england have quality in thier team, but they dont have anything else. no style, no luck, no brains etc. nothing ever goes for them, and im sick of hearing how good they are when they really aint. micheal owen against azerbaijan lol. Lol

brazil ive followed since 94, and not just in the world cups. we cant exactly support pakistan and why on earth should i support england? half the fans are bloody racist and hooligans and sharaabi's! Blum 3

why i have to justify this i dont knw, but im doing it all the same. football is a sensitive topic with me Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"kash" wrote:

Which is why Angel supports Brazil,

just cuz angel is clever doesnt mean everyone can be hint hint!!

did anyone watch man u win 2nite 3-0!

aye, angel has taste Wink

come on u reds!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:
aye, angel has taste Wink

come on u reds!

i knw...btw is it common for an english person to use the "aye" word more than sum1 who is scottish?

nah it isnt. i picked it up from what started out as a joke at college, kinda like the word now and its stuck. OH AYE!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

So its abit fo a mick take then?

(stirs furiously)

explain yourself lyk

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages