It’s Too Hot!

Salaam

Its 26c today and its going to get hotter..

I burnt my hand on my car bonnet; I had to drive my car wearing gloves because the steering wheel was too hot to touch.

I can’t sleep at night because the hot sun shines in my bedroom from 2.30 in the morning.

I feel lazy and sleepy….I broke every glass bangle on my hand when taking them off the other night (apparently heat makes hands swell??)

It’s extra hard to stay covered properly these days.

Does anyone else miss the winter?

Wasalaam

We wait so long for summer, and when ikt arrives we cannot handle it.

This year, after about 3 years thinking about it, I bought a deskfan. Safe to say if I am in the room it is on.

I also have aluminium blinds which reflect alot of the sunlight back out, leaving the room cooler than when I used to have curtains.

But its a small room, and having the PC on is normally enough to make it too hot.

But outside today here there is some wind, unlike the last couple of days, so today it is better IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I had to drive my car wearing gloves because the steering wheel was too hot to touch.

Isn't that worse, weren't your hands all hot, sweaty and sticky?

My car hasn't got air con and it's boiling inside and I wouldn't switch it on if I had it anyway coz it drinks petrol.

I can’t sleep at night also, went to sleep at 6am today.

I can't wait for winter, I've always hated summer. Wouldn't mind going on a holiday to iceland.
The hotel there is made out of ice in winter coz it doesn't melt.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I can’t sleep at night because the hot sun shines in my bedroom from 2.30 in the morning.

Where do you live Lapland?

i love the sun, i love htis time of year, i love the summer, i love it lvoe it lvoe it

smile and be happy!!!

Im a summer and a winter person.

Although each season comes with both its good and bad qualities. Summer is great coz its bright and sunny (which tends to put people in a good mood) and its good enough weather to do something outside e.g. game of football, or a barbaque. It can also be bad as it could be too hot to do anything at all and very bad for people who suffer from Hayfever.

Winter is great coz the days are shorter (u dont hav to get up too early to read Fajhr) the cooler weather means the possibility of snow. Bad as it can be icy enough to slip on or skid in if you drive a car. Not to mention the increased possibility of catching a cold.

Today all i did was drive into town park up go into the supermarket come out and go home by the time i got back home i was sweating soo much my shirt was sticking to the car seat and so i had to change.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]im definately a winter person i cant stand the summer its so hot n sticky n u cant do anythng u get annoyed n the worse is when ur walking down my local market u get an awful stench of Body ordour sweat cheap perfume drugs n cigarettes smoke all mixed together ewwwwwww so gross

i love winter nights when ur coming back from school/college/work almost maghrib time get in have a nice mug of hot choclate in front of the burning fire,n even when it rains it aint that bad get home n into to ur nice warm clothes winters so nice n cosy[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"salaf" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Where do you live Lapland?

Lol-I have a bedroom window that is directly in front of the sun..its the hottest room in the house.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
I had to drive my car wearing gloves because the steering wheel was too hot to touch.

Isn't that worse, weren't your hands all hot, sweaty and sticky?

My car hasn't got air con and it's boiling inside and I wouldn't switch it on if I had it anyway coz it drinks petrol.

I covered my hands cos the wheel was way too hot to touch..God knows why it heats up so much.

I also don't have AC in my car...its the first thing I'm going to look for when I change my car.

lol i remember a winter/rain thread...and everyone complaining!

i personally love the sun....im that kind of person, i prefer pakistan in the summer too

i too cant sleep at night, but it's not that bad as im not too fond on sleeping anyway!

yesterday was very windy but very hot too....nowadays its just hot, but gives me excuse to get the shorts and sandals out!

i heard its gona rain 2mrw, better not do :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm a winter baby, i prefer winter and spring, but i love all the seasons. The only problem I have with the summer is I can't enjoy it coz i'm usually boiling as soon as i put on my headscarf. Stepping outside in this heat is so uncomfy, no matter what fabrics or little you wear. The smog doesn't help in this heat it just creates this nasty humidity. I'd take the dry heat of middle eastern countries to this dirty heat any day, it's clean and more bearable, so i've been told.

I'm housebound in summer of my own choosing. I leave early morning or after six when it's cool, i don't see any other way of remaining happy in the summer heat.

As for getting in a car it;s like stepping onto a bbq grill. Unless you're lucky enough to have proper A/C in your vehicle you're crazy to be driving in this heat. I'd rather walk or take public transport. Yes it may be filled with smelly ppl but at least it's breezy.

I like summer because it is bright.

I hate winter becasue it is dark.

Simple really.

The length, and brightness of the day does seem to affect me a bit too much.

But I need to Thank Allah (swt). If I am struggling in this heat, just imagine if I lived in a warmer climate. Itr would be hard.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I dont think its that hot :? but for definite hot weather is better than cold - the best weather is when the rains come back home. Its very nice.

Btw a lot of respect to the ladies who veil in this weather; may ALLAH protect them from the heat on THAT day as they bear the heat on THIS day - ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

london is in the south

so none of u brummies and manchester lot can compare to this level of heat

brummie etc is bearable-i was there all last week

This is really gorgeous weather. True, the steering wheel gets hot and the car is stuffy, but in weather like this you can walk. Maybe it is a good idea to keep a sleeping bag or a big tablecloth or blanket in the boot and to cover the front seats and dash with it, or I guess you can just buy a stretch of fabric. I stopped using my car a year ago and somehow now it is full of mould and nobody wants it. I have been working outside this weekend and it was lovely.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

And what is it gonna look like carrying one of those sleeping bags?

Its looks like a large cylindrical object hidden in some sort of rucksak.

Very secure to carry for a muslim these days!

:twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
london is in the south

Actually it's in the south east.

"The Great 100" wrote:
I stopped using my car a year ago and somehow now it is full of mould and nobody wants it.

Would cleaning it be a good idea Wink

jus checked the weather on bbc now...and damn, i thought it was hot here...London is much hotter!! :shock:

i gots to go liverpool 2mrw, weather is same as here....and thank god the scots dont get fantastic weather, expecting some rain when i go there 2mrw Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

london is always hotter sirus.

i was gonna say - why is it in human nature to always complain at what we have?! Blum 3 Wink 'hate' is a very strong word and we really shouldn't use it to refer to something Allah has created.

come on guys, lighten up, we've been waiting for the sun to come out properly all year. where i live its been extremely hot as well and i wont say i've found it 'comfortable' lol, like yash i do prefer the winter. but what i like about summer is that the days are longer, so you can be out doing stuff for longer. oh, and the bbq's. Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

[color=magenta]london weather is crazy, is any1 gna be affected by the hose pipe ban, if the weather carries on getting hotter n hotter i fink they will have stand alone taps where they are in the middle of the streets n if we wna make ourself a cuppa we have to get out of our hse n get water from the streets, bring back the winter[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

i don't wana hear guys complaining about the hot weather. you lot can wear pretty much whatever you like. Shorts, quarter length trousers, t.shirts etc. Yeah you'll still be hot but relatively comfy compared to sisters who are covered up.

My hubby always keeps very short hair, the other day he did a complete shave. Mr Boldy was feeling the breeze on his bold patch yesterday i was so jealous i swear i felt like chopping my locks off :x I'm going for a haircut!

[color=magenta]lolz spot sister gotta agree wiv u, only sisters can bear the summer heat,i dont knw why but i still olove wearing my black jilbaab in the summer specially those one from dubai,[/color]

you crazy girl lol. I've been trying to get my hands on coloured jilbabs but around here they're mostly black and dark blue. I've been wearing the blue ones lately.

One of my cousins had a dizzy spell she was all in black. Avoid it if you can it absorbs the heat sis. Go for a light coloured scarf at least Wink

i havent waited for the sun all year

i love my coats/jeans and black scarfs

which no one can wear in Summer

i only wear black scarfs-

it was a TRILLION times hotter today-i was gonna collapse

and Siris-u keeping ur awrah covered in ur shorts

or does ur hijaab come off in the summer? Wink

"yashmaki" wrote:
i don't wana hear guys complaining about the hot weather. you lot can wear pretty much whatever you like. Shorts, quarter length trousers, t.shirts etc. Yeah you'll still be hot but relatively comfy compared to sisters who are covered up.

I used to wear t-shirts and stuff but I've gone slighly tanned now and don't like it so I've resorted to wearing full length top and bottoms to protect my precious skin Dirol

When I go back home (Bangladesh) people consider a person to beautiful if they have fair/light skin....has anyone else noticed that?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
I stopped using my car a year ago and somehow now it is full of mould and nobody wants it.

Would cleaning it be a good idea Wink

It is really, really full of mould and officially off-road. I probably ought to get it towed. Please MTV. Smile

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

You can try selling it for £50 or sumfing.

Some idiot scratched my shiny car yesterday....now it's got a big scratch just below the driver sides window :evil:

White trash get overexcited - second the sun comes out off come the clothes. Disgusting :evil:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

white trash

and who exactly are they?

the non Muslim/white people?

the non practsicing muslim/white people?

and do all brown people keep their clothes on?

:roll:

hehehe - well one interpretation is all white people but then on the other hand . . . . blah blah blah.

U decide what I mean. Dirol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

i've decided that ur a racist-narrow minded-bigoted freak based on ur comment

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

i've decided that ur a racist-narrow minded-bigoted freak based on ur comment

mashaALLAH (but you forgot sexist and chauvinist and cave-manish from what you know of me from b4 Lol )

subhanALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages