Documentaries...

82 posts / 0 new
Last post

Not seen it.

What was it about?

(and I hate the American Docu format... part 1: in this episode we will show you this this and this. Intro. In part two we will show you this. Part two: in part one we said this and this. Next part we will say this. where is the content?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

A white family living in a predominantly muslim Asian community.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
A white family living in a predominantly muslim Asian community.

[size=7]Soon the whole of Britain[/size] Dirol

Lol Blum 3

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

That appeared to be the thrust of the documentary as well.

Anybody seen this thing? - Thoughts?

I was concerned. I'm not sure who did the documentary or if it was meant to elicit concern but that was the finished product. It basically outlined the life of a white family that faced incredible - even bullying pressure from the asian community around it to integrate into them.

The girls (8 and 10) were basically recruited/snatched by a local imam that converted and then had the audacity to rename one of them (the 8 year old), they did so somewhat willingly to fit in at school - and the kids at school ostracized and in some instances attacked the older brother.

One memorable quote was when one daughter noted that if she wore her burqa nobody could tell she was white.

It was a look at racism and religious affront on a level I would never have imagined.

I am displeased.

I have not seen that documentary, but it does seem to have an agenda in how you describe it.

(and you cannot convert a minor...)

I live in a majority muslim community. But nothing of the sort happens.

There can be problems, but its mostly quiet. not as quiet as 'white' area's though. Asian areas always have more life.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I have not seen that documentary, but it does seem to have an agenda in how you describe it.

(and you cannot convert a minor...)

I live in a majority muslim community. But nothing of the sort happens.

There can be problems, but its mostly quiet. not as quiet as 'white' area's though. Asian areas always have more life.

Yes that conversion really angered me. I understand the need to evangelize, but I was always of the understanding you do not mess with somebody else's family.

[size=18]Islamic History via Radio 4[/size]
[b]
THE ABBASID CALIPHS[/b]

The Abbasid Caliphs were the dynastic rulers of the Islamic world between the middle of the eighth and the tenth centuries. They headed a Muslim empire that extended from Tunisia through Egypt, Syria, Arabia, and Persia to Uzbekistan and the frontiers of India. But unlike previous conquerors, the Abbasid Caliphs presided over a multicultural empire where conversion was a relatively peaceful business.

[url= more[/url]

[b][url= [/b](RealPlayer)

[b]MUSLIM SPAIN[/b]

In 711 a small army of North African Berbers invaded Spain and established an Iberian Islamic culture that would last for over 700 years. Despite periods of infighting and persecution, Muslim Spain was a land where Muslims, Jews and Christians co-existed in relative peace and harmony.Its capital, Cordoba, although not unique amongst Spanish cities, became the centre and focus for generations of revered and respected philosophers, physicians and scholars. By the 10th century Cordoba was one of the largest cities in the world. With Tim Winter.

[url= more[/url]

[b][url= [/b](RealPlayer)

PS Would these be worthy of being added to the Revival site?

yes.

add them individually under the multimedia section.

No need to embed them. Just add what you have abovre in two separate posts.

strider thanx for that google video! Smile

i'll put it up on the website (if someone hasnt already done so)...

dave check it out - its hilariously uncanny hearing a texan accent, yet seeing a... i wont spoil it for u. Wink

(i just checked out the beginning, pretty sure i've seen it before, but might watch it again as i cant remember much...)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

dave check it out - its hilariously uncanny hearing a texan accent, yet seeing a... i wont spoil it for u. Wink

(i just checked out the beginning, pretty sure i've seen it before, but might watch it again as i cant remember much...)

...what the hell?

17 guns?! :shock:

And "Gawd" those accents - I can't stand texas.

Gotta feel sorry for that guy Erik - everybody was staring at him and laughing and you could see it was tearing him up now that's just rude.

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

...what the hell?

17 guns?! :shock:

And "Gawd" those accents - I can't stand texas.

Gotta feel sorry for that guy Erik - everybody was staring at him and laughing and you could see it was tearing him up now that's just rude.

Thats a good documentary......Seen it before

I dont see what wrong with the Texas accent 'I like it'.... reminds me of one of the presenters of Islam Channel.

I dont think the laughing bothered Eric.....i didnt fink it was tearing him at al. He seem pretty cool.

You [i]like[/i] the Texas accent!?

You must be Texan or something...

hahaha........i am not Texan, im a Dane

but really truly whats wrong with the accent...im not Jokin i really do like it.

"nana" wrote:

but really truly whats wrong with the accent...im not Jokin i really do like it.

It's so... extreme

And all the words lean on each other - it's got a nice cadence too it but it's so naisally it really drives me nuts.

But i'm a carolinian fascist.

Danish eh? - lo you might want to move somewhere friendlier

extreme :shock: no no .....u might fink so but na...

well im not familiar with all de american accents so u have the better say innit....

i dont live in denmark...moved out ages ago...

its changed big time it was very friendly years ago.

Salam

I love the American accent.

I don't know where they got it from, but its so nice to listen to.

One of the local converts is a Texan boy. Sometimes I visit him at his home just to enjoy him speak.

He is really opposed to Sufis. We have mad debates for hours. I love winding him up.

Unfortunately he converted to the Wahhabi branch after hanging around those bozos.

I guess its his choice. Islam is a free religion in a free country.

Omrow

"nana" wrote:

well im not familiar with all de american accents so u have the better say innit....

Hang on you're seriously danish!?

lol you never mentioned that before!

Do you like Viktor Borge?

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

One of the local converts is a Texan boy. Sometimes I visit him at his home just to enjoy him speak.

He is really opposed to Sufis. We have mad debates for hours. I love winding him up.

Unfortunately he converted to the Wahhabi branch after hanging around those bozos.

I guess its his choice. Islam is a free religion in a free country.

Omrow

Actually i'm not terribly surprised that he'd convert to Wahhabism.

Down through texas up into Alabama - but especially Texas, they practice an incredibly strict, almost heretical kind of Christianity. It's not terribly intellectual and they are somewhat grumpy - it's a kind of perversion of baptistry and even presbyterianism - I see a lot in common between Wahhabis and those guys - Pat Robertson and the like.

"Augustus" wrote:
"nana" wrote:

Hang on you're seriously danish!?

lol you never mentioned that before!

Do you like Viktor Borge?

Way hold on......... i came ere when i was young like three..visited the place..

lol so i dont know Mr Viktor Borge....

"Augustus" wrote:
"nana" wrote:

It's so... extreme

And all the words lean on each other - it's got a nice cadence too it but it's so naisally it really drives me nuts.

But i'm a carolinian fascist.

Danish eh? - lo you might want to move somewhere friendlier

lol i always thought the NY accent is really nasal, gets on my nerves. Lol the texan accent is more like a drawl...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

haha ohhh gotcha

Well looks like you got out right in time!

"*DUST*" wrote:

I have just put it up. (do not edit it as its embedded... and editing removed the link for some reason!)

and if you click more vidoes on the left, there are a few more video's. not added them yet. say one every few days?

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

From America?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Operation Muslim Vote

I watch this yesterday, got to say my opinion on MPAC has changed since, still don't agree with their style and they are to harsh at time which i believe is counter productive. But you have to rate them after what they went through, they showed alot of bottle and i was suprise to see how stupid and igonrant some muslims were and what they had to face. Love the bit when the Niqabi came and gave some money and then hammer the boy that mention something about the beard, also the bit at the end when that asghar bloke was talking to the ex-mp, so childish but so warranted as well.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

alright calm down yuit

that came on AGES ago

i do call u slow for a reason :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
alright calm down yuit

that came on AGES ago

i do call u slow for a reason :twisted:

I know i missed it, but i do remmeber you buzzing about it and getting so excited, but knowing how you get excited over the littlest thing i didn't pay no attention to u :roll:

But actually it wasn't to bad afterall. Wink

Anyway something esle i missed and will watch tonight or later on the week

Children of Abraham

part 2

part 3

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"*DUST*" wrote:

your welcome Wink

-Become who you were born to be-

Pages