What you’ll need
500g of Pasta
2 Pounds of mince lamb
A small Onion
Tined Tomato (blend it before starting)
Red Chili Powder
Garam Masala & Coriander Mix
1 Jar of Ragu Sauce (or equivalent)
1. Add 2 tablespoons to a saucepan of water and then add the pasta. This will prevent the pasta from sticking together.
2. Heat until the pasta becomes soft and easily broken. Don’t check this with your bare hands its still going to be piping hot. Use a spoon or a fork to check the pasta is soft.
3. Rinse thoroughly while being careful not to get hit by the steam from the boiling water. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and if you like a ¼ tablespoon of black pepper.
4. Its now ready for the sauce!
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a saucepan (alternatively you may also use vegetable oil or Ghee) and then finely chop a small onion and add to the saucepan.
2. Chop 2 cloves of garlic and add to the pan. Try to keep the heat steady and keep stirring till the onions are light brown.
3. Add the pre-blended tined tomato along with half a tablespoon of salt. Stir thoroughly for 5 minutes.
4. Add ½ a teaspoon of red chili powder. Continue stirring.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of garam masala along with ½ a teaspoon of coriander. Stir well till boiling hot.
6. Add the mince lamb along with an entire Jar of Ragu Sauce to the contents. Then refill the Ragu jar with water and add to the pan. Stir well and leave to cook for 15 minutes till nice and thick (although NOT too thick).
Leave to cool for a few minutes and then serve with the pasta. You may also add a little grated Reggiano cheese along with some chopped basil. There should be plenty for the entire family.