White Chocolate and Berry Pavlova
The crisp meringue has a soft chewy interior and is topped with white chocolate, whipped cream and luscious selection of berries. Will go down a treat after a long hard fast.
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 6 hrs, to 8 hours, leaving the meringue in the oven overnight
For the meringue:
6 egg whites
200 g caster sugar
1 tsp corn flour
For the filling:
600 ml double cream
100 g white chocolate
125 g raspberries
50 g strawberries
50 g redcurrants
50 g mixed summer berries
25 g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk on high speed and add the sugar.
- Reduce the speed and add the corn flour. Return to high speed and whisk until the mixture is stiff.
- Spread with a spatula or pipe onto the lined baking tray or and place in the oven. Turn off the oven and leave for 6-8 hours or overnight to dry out.
- Whisk the cream until softly peaking.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
- Place the meringue carefully on a serving plate. Spread the white chocolate over the base of the meringue and top with cream. Arrange the fruit on top and decorate with mint sprigs.