Green Banana Curry
Yes, you heard it right… a BANANA Curry
Why not try a recipe of savoury bananas in a spiced coconut sauce for your Iftari?
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
5 green (under ripe) bananas
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp curry paste
400 ml coconut milk
3 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Slice the bananas into slices 2.5cm thick.
2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the banana slices in batches, until lightly browned on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
4. Return the banana slices to the pan and stir in the curry paste. Pour over half the coconut milk and stir well. Cook for 10 minutes on a low heat. Season.
5. Pour in the remaining coconut milk and simmer until the mixture thickens and the bananas break down a little. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.