Writing a Story

While sitting on the microbus (only 10p to ride, but no oyster card system; I'm not sure if this means its better than London or not...) I started thinking about a far-off, fantasy world (as I often do)...but suddenly, it came more and more 'alive' inside my mind:

Characters, islands, history, all part of this 'made up universe'

Specific scenes developed, and slowly an overall plot formed.

Later on in the day, I was walking around town (lost), and I was thinking more and more about this...In my opinion it has the potential for a 'proper' story, like a novel.

So should I start to write it? Or is this a big waste of time, which I will give up on in a few weeks and then find the file on my computer and be hopelessly embarrassed of?

It would be for children/teenagers, but would deal with quite sophisticated themes/emotions/ideas. Not really like Seraph's 'Guardian Angel' at all, think more Tales of Earthsea, Discworld or His Dark Materials.

Is this a good idea?

Tags: 

Comments

Ya'qub wrote:
ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
ye its a good idea - i was going to say "good luck" but then i remembered ur not supposed to say that evn though i dnt mean it like that, if u get wot i mean?!

i luk forward to reading it!

THANK YOU!!

It's shaping up nicely, insha'Allah.

could of used mashallah there Smile but thats good to hear

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ya'qub wrote:
ye its a good idea - i was going to say "good luck" but then i remembered ur not supposed to say that evn though i dnt mean it like that, if u get wot i mean?!

THANK YOU!!

I'm saving the 'mash'Allah' until I've sold a million copies!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

THANK YOU!!

I'm saving the 'mash'Allah' until I've sold a million copies!

ok thats a good idea Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages