India 'loses 10m female births'

95 posts / 0 new
Last post

"naj" wrote:

The holy quran describes in Surah Nahl verse (58-59) and also in surah zukhruf (verse 17) the evil habit of the disbelievers being, whenever they were issued glad-tidings of a daughter, their faces would turn black with sorrow.

Those verses in Surah Zukhruf talks about the gross blasphemy of assigning daughters to Almighty Allah. Of course that is no worse then assigning a son.

Those verses in Surah Nahl talk about bigoted bias against baby girls. It did not say they were the traits of the disbelievers. However in verse 60 it did say those who do not believe in the Hereafter set the worst examples, while to GOD belongs the most sublime examples, the verse was not specifically referring to girls.

"E20" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

The holy quran describes in Surah Nahl verse (58-59) and also in surah zukhruf (verse 17) the evil habit of the disbelievers being, whenever they were issued glad-tidings of a daughter, their faces would turn black with sorrow.

Those verses in Surah Zukhruf talks about the gross blasphemy of assigning daughters to Almighty Allah. Of course that is no worse then assigning a son.

Those verses in Surah Nahl talk about bigoted bias against baby girls. It did not say they were the traits of the disbelievers. However in verse 60 it did say those who do not believe in the Hereafter set the worst examples, while to GOD belongs the most sublime examples, the verse was not specifically referring to girls.

Surah Az-Zukhruf, Ayah 17:
"And if one of them is informed of the news of (the birth of a girl) that which he sets forth as a parable to the Most Gracious (Allah), his face becomes dark, and he is filled with grief!"

Surah An-Nahl, Ayaat 58-59:
"And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief!
He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision."

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Med our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) had daughters, and he saw to it that they were not denied an education. At a time when there was all sorts of corruption our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) never denied them this. So why in these times do we suppose girls are in more danger and therefore to be denied an education? If you want your daughter to be intelligent, able to stand on her own two feet should she ever be without a male mahram then education is key.

If you deem secular education as less important then the very least she should be given is her basic GCSE's. But the way I see it sons are in very much the same danger as daughters in society. Parents who very naively think boys are more morally fit to survive uni or college without sin are living in a bubble. Boys are just more clever at hiding things and getting away with them. Girls however can be tarnished for life for just exchanging lecture notes with the boy sitting next to them.

What is forbidden for sons is forbidden for daughters also, don't have double standards at least give your daughter what you give your son. Special treatment will backfire, your daughter will lose love for you big time.

Afterall if you raise your daughter in an islamic household, with discipline then there is no good reason why she would sin any more than her brother. You can't put shackles on your kids just coz you're afraid of the outside world, you have to trust them a little.

Our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) has also commented on the immense blessings of raising daughters, because of pre islamic practises such as killing female babies, or treating them badly.

I'll be content with whatever gender baby my Creator blesses me with. There are ppl out there who can't have kids, and here we are debating how we would rather have no daughters complete ingratitude.

P.S I don't think Dave is extreme supposing there was an Islamic state how do you think abortionists would be treated? Considering abortion is completely forbidden in Islam with the exception of rape?? (and even then the girl is encouraged to give birth to the baby raise or put her up for adoption). I'm totally disgusted by the way ppl use abortion nowadays as if it were a contraceptive pill.

Ref:

[b]The Excellence of Raising Daughters
By Yoosuf ibn 'Abdullaah Al-'Areefee[/b]

The encouragement to seek children covers both sons and daughters, and along with this general encouragement Islam has given special merits to seeking and bringing up girls - contrary to the thinking of the people of ignorance (age of 'Jaahiliyyah') of the past and present, since the people of ignorance - wherever and whenever found - hated (some of them 'still do') to have daughters and were grieved and angered by their births!

"And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief! He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonor or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision." (An-Nahl 16:58-59)

But the Messenger of Islam, Muhammad(saw), came elevating the status of this gift given by Allah(swt), welcoming the daughters, and raising high the importance of their upbringing with words to delight the hearts of the believing fathers and bring joy to their souls:

"Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach adulthood - he and I will come (together) on the Day of Resurrection - and he interlaced his fingers (meaning in Paradise)." (Reported by Muslim)

So can there be any greater honor given to daughter and for those who wish to have them and bring them up properly? And he said in another Hadith:

"Whoever has three daughters or sisters, or two daughters of two sisters, and lives along with them in a good manner, and has patience with them, and fears Allah with regard to them will enter Paradise." (Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhee and others)

And in another Hadith: "They will be a shield for him from the Fire." (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Maajah)

And along with the Messenger’s(saw) honoring the daughters with his words, we find that he also gave us a living example in his own actions and behavior - for example,

"One day he (s.a.w) led his Companions in Prayer whilst carrying Umaamah bint Zaynab(ra) when he made rukoo’ he would put her down, then when he stood, he would pick her up." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

So the position of daughters in Islam is very clear and the encouragement that it gives for them, and also the hatred it has for those who hate them or are grieved at their births! We know from this that hatred in some souls toward something - if found - is not a true judgement upon that thing and this is explained in the Qurân, as Allah(swt) says:

"…If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good." (An-Nisa’ 4:19)

So how many righteous women have brought happiness and well-being upon their families and their Ummah!? And how many corrupt young men have brought every form of misfortune and trial upon this Ummah!?

Therefore, it is upon the parents who have intellect to accept whatever Allah’s(swt) gift is with full joy and happiness, whether the gift is male or a female. Since its being a male or being a female is due only to Allah’s(swt) order alone - He, the One free from all imperfections - and Most High says:

"To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and females, and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower and is Able to do all things." (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)

"*DUST*" wrote:

"And if one of them is informed of the news of (the birth of a girl) that which he sets forth as a parable to the Most Gracious (Allah), his face becomes dark, and he is filled with grief!"

[43:17][i]And if one of them is given news (of a daughter) as they [u]claimed for the Most beneficent[/u], his face is darkened with misery and grief[/i]-Translated by Abdul Aziz. There is a ahadith on the next page explaining it. Thats where I got it from.
Besides the two verses before said:
[43:15] Yet they attribute to some of His servants as partners with Him, truly is man a blasphemous avowed!
[43:16] What! has He taken daughters out of what He himself creates, and granted to you sons for choice?

"*DUST*" wrote:

"And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief!
He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth? Certainly, evil is their decision."

He got that too but it did not say it was a trait of the disbeliever.

"naj" wrote:

The holy quran describes in Surah Nahl verse (58-59) and also in surah zukhruf (verse 17) the [u]evil habit of the disbelievers being, whenever they were issued glad-tidings of a daughter[/u], their faces would turn black with sorrow.

The verse after that says
[i]The state of those who do not believe in the Hereafter, is evil, while all sublime attributes belong to Allah and HE is the Mighty, the Wise.[/i]

It was not specifically referring to girls.

"E20" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

[43:17][i]And if one of them is given news (of a daughter) as they [u]claimed for the Most beneficent[/u], his face is darkened with misery and grief[/i]-Translated by Abdul Aziz. There is a ahadith on the next page explaining it. Thats where I got it from.
Besides the two verses before said:
[43:15] Yet they attribute to some of His servants as partners with Him, truly is man a blasphemous avowed!
[43:16] What! has He taken daughters out of what He himself creates, and granted to you sons for choice?

"*DUST*" wrote:

He got that too but it did not say it was a trait of the disbeliever.

"naj" wrote:

The holy quran describes in Surah Nahl verse (58-59) and also in surah zukhruf (verse 17) the [u]evil habit of the disbelievers being, whenever they were issued glad-tidings of a daughter[/u], their faces would turn black with sorrow.

The verse after that says
[i]The state of those who do not believe in the Hereafter, is evil, while all sublime attributes belong to Allah and HE is the Mighty, the Wise.[/i]

It was not specifically referring to girls.

E20,

i'm nowhere near being a scholar, so i dont want to give an explanation of these ayaat. but u are clearly taking them out of context - the ayaat preceding and following the quoted ones make it clear that Allah (s.w.t) is referring to the idol-worshippers, and their female children.

and btw, naj is a 'she'.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Me taking them out of context? I would type up the lengthy ahadith on the next page but it will take too long, you won’t bother reading it and it will just create a confusing argument. I have checked Yusif Ali’, Pickthal, Shakir and Sher Ali’s translation of that particular verse and it’s not the same; however Abduls translation provides an explanation on the next page. I apologise if I have got that wrong. However it does not say being prejudice towards girls is a trait of an unbeliever.

BTW I did not say Naj was a ‘he’, it was the translator I was referring to…

"E20" wrote:
Me taking them out of context? I would type up the lengthy ahadith on the next page but it will take too long, you won’t bother reading it and it will just create a confusing argument. I have checked Yusif Ali’, Pickthal, Shakir and Sher Ali’s translation of that particular verse and it’s not the same; however Abduls translation provides an explanation on the next page. I apologise if I have got that wrong.

actually i would bother reading it, i dont take ahadith lightly.
btw the ayaat i quoted were from Mohsin Khan's translation.

"E20" wrote:
However it does not say being prejudice towards girls is a trait of an unbeliever.

aaah! E20 i think i explained this in my reply to Dave (Andoverpolo)'s post - the ayaat are not referring to ALL disbelievers. they refer specifically to the idol-worshippers of the jahiliyyah period, in pre-Islamic Arabia. this is what i meant about taking verses in context.

"E20" wrote:
BTW I did not say Naj was a ‘he’, it was the translator I was referring to…

ah ok, sorry! Lol

"*DUST*" wrote:

"E20" wrote:
However it does not say being prejudice towards girls is a trait of an unbeliever.

aaah! E20 i think i explained this in my reply to Dave (Andoverpolo)'s post - the ayaat are not referring to ALL disbelievers. they refer specifically to the idol-worshippers of the jahiliyyah period, in pre-Islamic Arabia. this is what i meant about taking verses in context.

lol I didn't notice.

I need more sleep....

....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yashmaki:

Like I said before religious knowledge is an obligation.

Secular knowledge isnt.

InshaALLAH both sons and daughters will have basic secular knowledge.

If sons after completing religious education wish to go further into secular knowledge I will allow it, but not for my daughters because they are not to leave the home without necessity and secular education is no necessity. The daughters will remain at home until it is time for them to marry when I will send them to their husbands homes.

In both cases, I would infact be disappointed if either sons or daughters expressed interest in secular knowledge after having been given religious knowledge. I would hope they would be filled with desire to drown in deen rather than waste time in university/college.

The daughters of Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam were perfect examples of modesty, bashfulness and concealment. Kindly explain what secular knowledge they were pursuing.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
In both cases, I would infact be disappointed if either sons or daughters expressed interest in secular knowledge after having been given religious knowledge. I would hope they would be filled with desire to drown in deen rather than waste time in university/college.

so why are U wasting time in university then? Fool

parents want me to have uni degree.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"E20" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

E20...im not in a position to interprate the ayahs of the holy quran...

nor did i go scanning tafseer-ibn kathir to quote them, i read them in a kitaab and quoted them. A kitaab i rely on.

"Med" wrote:
parents want me to have uni degree.

and how would u provide for ur family if u didnt get that degree?

ALL rizq is from ALLAH.

If ALLAH will provide for a person who gets a university degree, will He not provide for one who gets an islamic degree?

If ALLAH will provide for me by being a dentist, will He not provide for me teaching in madrassah?

ALLAH is sufficient.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
ALL rizq is from ALLAH.

If ALLAH will provide for a person who gets a university degree, will He not provide for one who gets an islamic degree?

If ALLAH will provide for me by being a dentist, will He not provide for me teaching in madrassah?

ALLAH is sufficient.

i knew you'd say that... :roll:

and its true, BUT what is so wrong about doing both? if everyone took your view, we'd have no doctors to treat the ill. i know someone who did medicine and the 'aalim course alongside eachother. now he's a GP by day, and a madrasah teacher by night.

why dont you take this to no topic Biggrin both of you

nothing wrong with doing both.

Being doctor/dentist/engineer/linguist is good.

Being alim/hafiz/mufti is better.

I am selfish. I want what is better, I want what is better for my kids.

Nothing wrong in being both either.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

arguably being a doctor or dentist is of equal weight to being an 'alim or hafiz, tho in a different way. a doctor saves lives, a dentist alleviates one of the most excrutiating types of pain. a doctor could be 'saving the whole of mankind' everyday on his job - if he is doing that job solely for the sake of Allah then dont u think his reward will be immeasurable?

a job is what u make of it.

"Med" wrote:
Like I said before religious knowledge is an obligation.

Secular knowledge isnt.

The hadith I have seen on this topic do not put more importance on one type of knowledge over another.

If any importance can be attained its for secular knowledge. Think seek knowledge even if you have to go to china. Where were the muslims in china?

and also think after Battle of Badr, the non-muslims were given an option to teach children to attain their freedom. were they gonna teach monotheism, and hadith?

I cannot fathom where people have managed the separation you speak of.

Seeking knowledge is obligatory. (orginally chemistry was an Islamic science taught is Madrassah's... actually uni's, as madrassahs are a 'newer' concept IMO...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Think seek knowledge even if you have to go to china.

Admin that^ is commonly quoted, but a mawdu' (fabricated) hadith.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Think seek knowledge even if you have to go to china.

Admin that^ is commonly quoted, but a mawdu' (fabricated) hadith.

well, look at the other one then. The kaafirs of Makkah being made to teach the muslim Children...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

my point wasn't about secular education versus islamic education. I was getting at the double standards. Why you would permit your son to get a uni degree but deny your daughter even if she was morally upright. This supposition that boys are automatically morally superior is so flawed.

The other point was, what does it matter if you have a daughter or son. Daughters are a blessing, so are sons.

I have nothing more to say on this topic.

Yashmaki:

daughters wont be going to uni/college inshaALLAH because women are to remain at home. Even if daughters are more pious and upright than sons, they will remain at home as per the orders of shari'ah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Yashmaki:

daughters wont be going to uni/college inshaALLAH because women are to remain at home. Even if daughters are more pious and upright than sons, they will remain at home as per the orders of shari'ah.

According to YOUR interpretation of Shari'ah.

By the orders of shariah men aren't suppose to go to a mixed environment for education either. But since there are no gender segregated universities in this country it's inevitable.

I don't agree with you but agree to disagree leave it at that.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

arguably being a doctor or dentist is of equal weight to being an 'alim or hafiz, tho in a different way. a doctor saves lives, a dentist alleviates one of the most excrutiating types of pain. a doctor could be 'saving the whole of mankind' everyday on his job - if he is doing that job solely for the sake of Allah then dont u think his reward will be immeasurable?

a job is what u make of it.

GREAT point

anyting done for the sake of God-becomes a religious act

Everyone should take an example from the life of the Holy Prophet (saw), his sons passed away at a young age and he had daughters only, the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) never once said that his daughters were a burden on him infact he loved his daughters a lot esp. Hazrat Fatima-tul-Zahra(ra), who is the Queen of paradise.

Its people's stupid mentality that they think women are a burden, the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) came to this world to eradicate such stupid thinkin but its still continuing, such ignorance is disgustin!

I heard a scholar once talk about this subject and he mention the Story The Family Of 'Imran from the Quran. He mention the following ayats

Quote:
'O my Lord! I have vowed to You what is in my womb [my child] to be dedicated to Your services, so accept this [my vow] from me. Verily, All-Hearer, the All-Knowing.' Then we she delivered her she said:

'O my Lord! I have delivered a female child' - and Allah knew better what she delivered - 'And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam and I seek refuge with You for her and for her offspring from Satan, the outcast.' " (Quran 3:35-36)

It was said by the scholar that the wife of Imran wanted a male for a offspring and her intention of giving that child in the way of Allah swt, but she resign herself too the will of Allah swt and decided to fulfil her orginal sentiment and we all know what became of the ir that was born. The scholar mention taht a important lesson should be taken from these passage in teh Quran, by all muslim and non muslim today.

I kind of find it pathetic now that these men now have too buy women from Bangladesh to get married too, as there is a shortage :roll: .

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Angel" wrote:

Its people's stupid mentality that they think women are a burden, the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) came to this world to eradicate such stupid thinkin but its still continuing, such ignorance is disgustin!

exactly

some people still follow the ignorant customs of the pagan Arabs even though Islam has taught them better

I guess they think they know better :roll:

Pages