should there be a referendum on leaving the EU?

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

FPTP is not a real issue.

and we shouldnt do.

1. We do not have the time to understand all the complexity.

2. We elect people so that we dont have to.

We just expect the elected people to be sensible and represent the wishes of their constituents.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If there were referendums on every little thing, then govt wouldn't run very efficiently!

The whole point of a representative govt is that they make the decisions for us, whilst we go about our normal lives.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:

What if they did as they please anyway?

You wrote:

and we shouldnt do.

1. We do not have the time to understand all the complexity.

2. We elect people so that we dont have to.

We just expect the elected people to be sensible and represent the wishes of their constituents.

They say one thing and do another, look at clegg he said if we get it we will not raise the tuition fees, what did they do?

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

What if they did as they please anyway?

They are not obliged to accept the result of a referendum but it would be political suicide if they didn't, so it is in their best interest to do so.
Quote:

They say one thing and do another, look at clegg he said if we get it we will not raise the tuition fees, what did they do?

'never trust a politician'

Anyway Cameron should be more blamed for this, he's obviously got the upper hand.

And 'it needed to be done'.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
If there were referendums on every little thing, then govt wouldn't run very efficiently!

Not sure about that

The whole point of a representative govt is that they make the decisions for us, whilst we go about our normal lives.

Look at the mp's expenses scandal they're only worried about filling there pockets nothing else, even Brown and Cameron we caught fiddling

lollywood wrote:

Not sure about that
What aren't you sure about?
Quote:

Look at the mp's expenses scandal they're only worried about filling there pockets nothing else, even Brown and Cameron we caught fiddling

What exactly is the point of this conversation? Or are you just ranting about everything that's gone wrong with the system?

I disagree.

It was stupid to raise tution fees.

Education is not meant to be a business transaction.

Allowing people to get more eduction easily would allow people to better reach their potentials, to potentially earn more, innovate more, pay more taxes by earning more and benefit the whole country more.

Some of those things you cant put a price on.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

I disagree.

It was stupid to raise tution fees.

Education is not meant to be a business transaction.

Allowing people to get more eduction easily would allow people to better reach their potentials, to potentially earn more, innovate more, pay more taxes by earning more and benefit the whole country more.

Some of those things you cant put a price on.

I disagree too (that's why I used '..')

What aren't you sure about?

That if there were referendums on every little thing, then the govt wouldn't run very efficiently!

What exactly is the point of this conversation?

My view is that we need more power given to us

Or are you just ranting about everything that's gone wrong with the system?

That as well

lollywood wrote:

That if there were referendums on every little thing, then the govt wouldn't run very efficiently!

Holding elections and referendums requires a lot of preparation, time, money.

If you want to have an opinion on every little subject then it would take a lot of time. The politicians would have to wait for the results to even start doing anything - and this would be for every little thing. They wouldn't just be able to get on with their work, but be slowed down all the time and nothing would be done. Also as admin said, people don't have the political understanding so it'd be silly to give them the option to make decisions for the country.

Should there be a poll about being a referendum?

no.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

They could do things online

If you want to have an opinion on every little subject then it would take a lot of time. The politicians would have to wait for the results to even start doing anything - and this would be for every little thing. They wouldn't just be able to get on with their work, but be slowed down all the time and nothing would be done. Also as admin said, people don't have the political understanding so it'd be silly to give them the option to make decisions for the country.

They take ages anyway

lollywood wrote:

They could do things online

They take ages anyway

You really don't understand this do you Fool

Anyway, if you're so bothered about the referendum -

You really don't understand this do you Fool

Anyway, if you're so bothered about the referendum -

What I do understand is that if we don’t get out of the EU then we are going to be ruled by them and we’re going to be paying of other countries debits

Everyone in the UK should sign that epetition

European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has said Europe has moved closer to solving the eurozone debt crisis, as an agreement was reached in Brussels.

lollywood wrote:

What I do understand is that if we don’t get out of the EU then we are going to be ruled by them and we’re going to be paying of other countries debits

Off
Debts.

How dare you correct other peoples spelling mistakes after admitting your English isn't very good!

lollywood wrote:

Off
Debts.

How dare you correct other peoples spelling mistakes after admitting your English isn't very good!

Oooooooh,,, never thought I'd see the day!!!!! That's the secound..... I mean second..... time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valkyrie wrote:

Oooooooh,,, never thought I'd see the day!!!!! That's the secound..... I mean second..... time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically third, no? Blum 3

Off
Debts.

I will pay more attention next time

lollywood wrote:

Off
Debts.

I will pay more attention next time

Don't correct other peoples typos either.

whats up PoS jealous he's taking over the typo police job you had? lool

anyway, noooooooooo dont leave EU!! wht happens to me?????? will i need a freaking visato go to the continentand back?

and n.ireland uses euros dont they?

who's watching junior apprentice?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

a) I was never that bad (don't think Blum 3 )
b) I know when to stop
c) He admits his english isn't good so what right does he have to tell others off? Especially when they're clearly typos.

Lilly wrote:

anyway, noooooooooo dont leave EU!! what happens to me??????

you'll get over it eventuality

Lilly wrote:

will i need a freaking visa to go to the continent and back?

I think so

Lilly wrote:

and n.ireland uses euros dont they?

I think they use our pound

Lilly wrote:

who's watching junior apprentice?

I watched it
The girls were crafty adding things and then charging extra
You've got to pay for the ice cream cone as well lol

Northern Ireland, as part of the UK used UK currency. Republic of Ireland uses the Euro.

Pages