TRADITIONAL OR NOT

109 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Shabana" wrote:
I usually tend to wear shalwaar kameez. I am not into glittery or flashy clothes, or ones that are brighly coloured. And I'd never wear a sari!

thats like me...my mums alwayz telling me to get these glittery shiny gold sequin clothes...i just cant wear them...

i stick to nice non glittery type that mum has a problem with.

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I think the Asian girls from back home are more likely to wear sequinned or sparkly Shalwaar kameez. I think it’s a culture thing.

Most girls here prefer the simple look. Even if we compare the Asian bride from here with the Asian bride from back home one would notice the stark difference in the amount of make up.

"Aasiyah" wrote:

wel this girl's hubby worked for IBM i think, he'd already got the job, and no1 seemed to mind his 'get up'... Wink

I understand

but I wonder if if such a get up does restrict job opportunities when attending interviews?

Salam

"Ramz" wrote:

A general questions for the guys here. Do most guys prefer their wives to dress traditionally. Like Sari or shalwaar kameez or would they rather their wives wear jeans, skirts, dresses. Or are most guys not fussed?

Another old wives tale that I heard from mum is that men dont like girls who wear "english clothes".

I think most men in our society would prefer women to wear absolutely nothing. Men can be such hypocrites.

Although its true that boys look down on girls who wear men's clothes. Utterly pathetic.

I personally like elegant dresses. A girl should wear such clothes which bring out the essense of her femininity. Jeans dont do that. They are for men. Women look awful in them. Levis makes a girl look like a cactus. Its ridiculous.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
I think most men in our society would prefer women to wear absolutely nothing. Men can be such hypocrites.

Only men with no honour or fear of god would want that.

Women look better in clothes... full stop... Girls who hardly wear anything are pathetic. I wear jeans becoz they pretty much go with every piece of clothing i have, dont require ironing and are comfortable... id imagine women do it for the same reason.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I think the Asian girls from back home are more likely to wear sequinned or sparkly Shalwaar kameez. I think it’s a culture thing.

Most girls here prefer the simple look. Even if we compare the Asian bride from here with the Asian bride from back home one would notice the stark difference in the amount of make up.

[color=darkblue][b]It's alwayz a culture thing wen it cums to sparkly clothes..i jus h8 em coz they r too attractive n plus i feel uncomfortable in em.

Plain is much more betta n also it dnt hav to b alwayz a special occasion..if u think bout it the more sparkly ur clothes r the less u wear them n the more u pay 4 them (reminds me of wedding dresses)

About brides 4rm UK n brides 4rm back home if u had to put em both togetha it'll b so obvious to no which one is 4rm were :roll: [/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Actually I think "plain and simple" looks far prettier and attractive then the Asian clothes with sparkles on them (I’m not referring to Eid or wedding clothes)….just the every day look.

Its intresting though to note the start differences between a bride from back home and a bride from here.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Actually I think "plain and simple" looks far prettier and attractive then the Asian clothes with sparkles on them (I’m not referring to Eid or wedding clothes)….just the every day look.

yea....mum shouts at me, says i have no good taste in clothes because i dont go for sparkly shiny outfits...i like to dress simple,

and i love black clothes.

Salam

Paki clothes are the best looking things on a girl. They can enhance her image by 80 percent. If she intends to impress then she only has to get into those costumes.

Cherie Blair is not exactly a model. Infact she looks like a witch. However, when she put on a set of Paki garments, they made her look somewhat pretty.

For a female, elegance is the key to dressing up with style. And Paki wear is best thing a woman can put on herself.

Omrow

So remember lads, don't be fooled by the get-up.

"Omrow" wrote:

I personally like elegant dresses. A girl should wear such clothes which bring out the essense of her femininity.

"Omrow" wrote:

Paki clothes are the best looking things on a girl. They can enhance her image by 80 percent. If she intends to impress then she only has to get into those costumes.

Only a MAN can so blatantly contradict himself.

Alas, if only he layed of the Qibla

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Its intresting though to note the start differences between a bride from back home and a bride from here.

i think one of the main reasons behind this difference is family - getting married 'back home' means ur aunties, uncles, cousins, uncle's wife's mother has a say in what ur going to wear, etc and u just have to go along with it. whereas usually in the UK the couple have more of a say in how things are going to be on their wedding day.

so we shouldnt think that 'Paki girls' [b]prefer[/b] getting decked up like that; caking on layers of foundation is disgusting and old-fashioned and they know it, but unfortunately their uncle's wife's mother has ordered it to be so... Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:

so we shouldnt think that 'Paki girls' [b]prefer[/b] getting decked up like that; caking on layers of foundation is disgusting and old-fashioned and they know it, but unfortunately their uncle's wife's mother has ordered it to be so... Wink

Really?

I thought is was just cos of the culture? I thought it was just the done thing for brides from back home to be OTT in their get up?

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salam

"Seraphim" wrote:
Women look better in clothes... full stop.

Are you saying that they look ugly without them.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Seraphim" wrote:
Women look better in clothes... full stop.

Are you saying that they look ugly without them.

Omrow

sorta depends on the girl...

Thats true. Welcome back Don. Happy New Year.

"Omrow" wrote:
Thats true. Welcome back Don. Happy New Year.

Thanks Omrow, Happy New Year.

Have you started up the blog again?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Really?

I thought is was just cos of the culture? I thought it was just the done thing for brides from back home to be OTT in their get up?

nah, i mean come on, one doesnt have to be a rocket scientist to know that caked on foundation makes one look like a clown... Wink so they wouldnt want the OTT make-up either.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

white face

brown hands

that says it all

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Forget about the girls putting a mask on.

I know of some guys who went to Pakistan to get married and it wasn't only the brides who were visited by the beautician :roll:. The guys had base make-up done and a bit of natural shaded colour on the eyes.

Lol, instead of telling the aunties to tone it down on the brides, they went for it themselves.

Yeah an aunty of mine from Pakistan mentioned that these days men attend beauty parlours a few days before their wedding too and get facial etc done... :?

I wasnt looking to do any major shopping this Eid...I was given a really pretty shocking pink suit from my aunty from up North.

Pink isnt really my colour but this ready made suit is really pretty. Its simple and has charms on the side of the dupatta..

When it comes to "dressing up" nothing beats a traditonal suit with all the accessories

to be honest i don't think salwar kameez or trouser suits are any more modest than saris. What's with the sari bashing? If you want to wear a modest salwar kameez that's easily done. If you want to wear a tight skimpy one that's easily done also. As for saris i duno how you guys are picturing them but you can make a sari as modest or as immodest as a suit, it all depends on how you wear it and pin it, and of course whether you wear a long blouse or itzy bitzy one. My mother has always worn a sari and i can't remember a time when she exposed her stomach to strangers or even us kids. She always wraps it so the long piece covers her stomach and she tends to wear a shawl over it aswell. I think she's pretty elegant and modest.

I prefer trouser suits at home, but that's not coz my husband prefers me like that, he's said i can wear whatever i like as long as it covers me in a modest way. And his mother isn't fussed either. But if you mean in front of others or outdoors then i'm always there with a jilbab on. I prefer wearing english clothes under my jilbab when i go out simply because i find they keep me warmer especially in the colder months. But in summer the trouser suit is soo comfy under a jilbab nothing like it.

As for weddings if the womens section was totally segregated and no way men could be allowed in i'd wear anything from a suit, sari to a lengha, i don't see what the fuss is about, after all it's for women's eyes only.

men getting facials ahahahh, my bro in law gets a head massage, and after his shave he gets a facial massage i find that so vain. But if men don't look after themselves women complain and when they do they take the mick, poor men can't win can they!

"yashmaki" wrote:

men getting facials ahahahh, my bro in law gets a head massage, and after his shave he gets a facial massage i find that so vain. But if men don't look after themselves women complain and when they do they take the mick, poor men can't win can they!

guys shouldnt let themselves go obvioulsy

but at the same time there's something very off about guys who pamper themselves

Men who go to beauty parlours are not men. They are sissy girls.

Pages