Recipes please!

Cooking is a vital life skill that I do not possess (like many others, I won't lie Blum 3 )

This summer I intend to learn to cook although that might be hard with ramadhan (like you cant taste stuff and make sure it's 'right') but I have to start!

Can you please give me any personal favourites/easy/other reasoned recommendations?

Starters, Mains, desserts anything!

Edit - Nothing too bland though :/

(Although I do know how to make some stuff but lets see what you guys come out with... plus I want to do it without asking my mum for help Dirol )

That's all, thanks. Smile

yaaaaaaaaaaaay feefy! Biggrin

I already do know how to cook, but I plan to expand my culinary skills this summer inshAllah-as impressive as they already aaare- :p. Especially the baking, I love the baking but not so good with tht yet, my cakes always turn out dry :/
Buuuuuuuut yh...umm what can I say...Ill be posting later, canny be asked to look for recipes now, ill be on here all day!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
yaaaaaaaaaaaay feefy! Biggrin

I already do know how to cook, but I plan to expand my culinary skills this summer inshAllah-as impressive as they already aaare- :p. Especially the baking, I love the baking but not so good with tht yet, my cakes always turn out dry :/
Buuuuuuuut yh...umm what can I say...Ill be posting later, canny be asked to look for recipes now, ill be on here all day!

I heard that if u add a little orange juice to ur cakes they become more fluffy and moist... never tried it though

Cooking! I love cooking mainly because I is loving the food. But as usual I don't cook much because 1. I'm too lazy 2.I'm too impatient and 3. I have better things to do! Namely play ninja with my pillow. Oh! And i always forget how to make things even after the gaillionth time. Most of the time I don't use recipes because my mum taught me, and measurements are just done on the head and however much you think is right. BUT in the event that I do use recipes when I have dinner parties or whatever I use this website, it's pretty cool: . Enjoy cooking! Biggrin

HarajukuDoll wrote:
Most of the time I don't use recipes because my mum taught me, and measurements are just done on the head and however much you think is right.
That is the asian way Dirol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

HarajukuDoll wrote:
Cooking! I love cooking mainly because I is loving the food. But as usual I don't cook much because 1. I'm too lazy 2.I'm too impatient and 3. I have better things to do! Namely play ninja with my pillow. Oh! And i always forget how to make things even after the gaillionth time. Most of the time I don't use recipes because my mum taught me, and measurements are just done on the head and however much you think is right. BUT in the event that I do use recipes when I have dinner parties or whatever I use this website, it's pretty cool: . Enjoy cooking! Biggrin

Lol

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
HarajukuDoll wrote:
Most of the time I don't use recipes because my mum taught me, and measurements are just done on the head and however much you think is right.
That is the asian way Dirol

nu-uh! not just the asian way! tis the cool way Dirol

Toast:

Take a slice of bread, stick it ina grill. or a toaster.

Make sure your appliace is on.

Once the bread has burnt to a suitable level, take it out and eat once it is cool enouhg to.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

bilan wrote:

nu-uh! not just the asian way! tis the cool way Dirol

Smile

Admin, not impressed!

Aziza, Hovis BOB (best of both Blum 3 ) ftw Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:
Toast:

Once the bread has burnt to a suitable level, take it out and eat once it is cool enouhg to.

Do you need help in turning the knob too? Blum 3

wouah..i read (hardly) the first two post.. im such a anticooking...

nyways...i love baking..you think my husband can last on cakes? and euh..omelettes? i can also do courgettes...and..fish fingers, pizza and all that other oven cooked stuff..

i think i can cook but...

I ALWAYS FORGET THE SALTTTTTT!! ARGH DARN YOU SODIM CHLORIDE DARNM YOU!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
wouah..i read (hardly) the first two post.. im such a anticooking...

nyways...i love baking..you think my husband can last on cakes? and euh..omelettes? i can also do courgettes...and..fish fingers, pizza and all that other oven cooked stuff..

i think i can cook but...

I ALWAYS FORGET THE SALTTTTTT!! ARGH DARN YOU SODIM CHLORIDE DARNM YOU!!

Are ur baked goods moist????!

Nobody's else is cooking for me apart from my mum, her food's the best(after my dads). My wife or even me are gonna have to learn to cook like her before my mum can retire as my chef.

The only thing i've ever cooked is egg fried rice and it was grrreat. Fatty you want the recipe? Biggrin

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

You wrote:
Toast:

u sure you're not my big brother? lol Can you boil an egg. i remember delia smith in her early days doing cooking 101 she was showing how to boil an egg, no joke. my brother then told me how he does it, he uses the water from boiled egg to make his tea..that was in his uni days lol.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

You boil the egg in water until it stops being a deadweight. if it starts floating properly, it will be hard boiled. If it is in the middle, almost floating (so almost like bouncing in the water, trying to get off the bottom of the pan) then it should be half boiled.

I've heard of people who made tea in a pan while the cooker was not lit...

No idea how they drunk it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Cooking is a vital life skill that I do not possess (like many others, I won't lie Blum 3 )

This summer I intend to learn to cook although that might be hard with ramadhan (like you cant taste stuff and make sure it's 'right') but I have to start!

Can you please give me any personal favourites/easy/other reasoned recommendations?

Starters, Mains, desserts anything!

That's all, thanks. Smile

A capital letter in the middle of a sentence! My eyes...my eyes, the horror!

my cakes are green blue red pink purple brown yellow white.

i loke colours. did i say that before?

aint nothing like the mother's cooking. nothing i tell ya.

Lilly wrote:

Teach me! Teach me! But first of aallll...are your cakes moist???

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

I hope u realise that is a very RUDE statement!!

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

i dont know child...they're just nice i guess?

its about loving making the cake.

coz usually, when i make a cake angrilly, coz i dont want to make it and mum is making me (for other people) it usually messes up..or it sinks..or it burns or i forget something.. but that's just me.

i havent made a cake in AGES. my sister does now...

chips: peel and then cut some potatoes.

Then slice them and then slice the slices.

then wash and throw in some boiling oil til they start floating.

Then leave them there until they are as browm/burn as you prefer them to be.

for different tastes try difference width slices, different amounts of burning or different varieties of potatoes. Maybe even sprinkle some soy sauce over the potatoes before throwing them into the oil.

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

i dont know child...they're just nice i guess?

its about loving making the cake.

coz usually, when i make a cake angrilly, coz i dont want to make it and mum is making me (for other people) it usually messes up..or it sinks..or it burns or i forget something.. but that's just me.

i havent made a cake in AGES. my sister does now...

I do!!! I think Ill invest in one of those mixing gadgets cos I used to use my God given hands (this is the moment where I kiss my hench biceps if they existed) but yh..my cakes always turned out dry. My sister though makes THE nicest apple cakes mashAllah, yuuuumy!

Lol The chips one reminded of a time when my dad came back home early from a holiday, because of work, so he had to cook himself. The day we arrived back home he made chicken curry, and he put CHIPS in them because he couldnt be bothered to peel and dice potatoes. Men, I tell you!

HarajukuDoll wrote:
Lol The chips one reminded of a time when my dad came back home early from a holiday, because of work, so he had to cook himself. The day we arrived back home he made chicken curry, and he put CHIPS in them because he couldnt be bothered to peel and dice potatoes. Men, I tell you!

Looooooooooooooooool! Your dad is too sick!

our fam has crisps with rice and lentils (Y)

Lilly wrote:

Duuude....

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Duuude....

all i can say is that you're missing out...big time..

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Duuude....

LOL, I second that. My sister does that. I still cant figure out why though.

HarajukuDoll wrote:
bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Duuude....

LOL, I second that. My sister does that. I still cant figure out why though.

well..you'll never be able to until you try it. even though.. we havent had it in ages.

but you know..im the girl who has a spoon of her dessert to motivate herself to eat her main. LOL

Pages