School Days

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Angel" wrote:
I hate maths, i am useless at it, however i did enjoy chemistry/biology now part of me wishes i had done that....i do agree sociology is easier than maths!

I scraped a C at GCSE maths evel.

I remember when I was in primary school, year 6 maths lessons I started to cry in class in front of everyone cos I didn't understand fractions and everyone around me did :oops:

I was so happy when I got my GCSE maths exams out the way...however, I was recently informed that I have to study maths again as part of my teachers training. :?

philosophy does sound hard. My mate didn't know a thing about it thght she'd try it in college. She came back frustrated said to me you gotta help me the teacher has told me to write an essay about a chair loooooool. I said what you mean the dimensions the wood used, the joint..i was thinking woodwork lol She said no he asked us what it was, we said a chair. He said ahh but is it really a chair? take a closer look!, then he ends the lessons says they gotta write an essay on it lol.

Muslimsis is right tutors need to be really good in explaining things in this subject.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Omrow took philosophy at Uni level (which should be obvious in the way he posts)...he should post some suggested books.

i can finally rest in peace, that explains everything

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
I hate maths, i am useless at it, however i did enjoy chemistry/biology now part of me wishes i had done that....i do agree sociology is easier than maths!

I scraped a C at GCSE maths evel.

I remember when I was in primary school, year 6 maths lessons I started to cry in class in front of everyone cos I didn't understand fractions and everyone around me did :oops:

I was so happy when I got my GCSE maths exams out the way...however, I was recently informed that I have to study maths again as part of my teachers training. :?

Yeh my mate is thinkin of doin teachin too, i heard it is a requirement are u goin to do teaching at primary or secondary level? Teenages are much harder to handle.

I failed my maths higher cuz my teacher wasnt willing to help he used to always scream at me for not understanding anythin, so then i just started skiving and didnt attend his classes, he put me off maths forever.

Don't worry mits easy, infact when you study Maths at the higher levels its enjoyable and fun.

But for now just know that its easy and it can be done. so if you ehave to do it, its no biggy. You'll probably get it quick after the first few tries now because you're a little more wiser and older.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I'm doing my training at primary level I cant handle teenagers. I already have my maths GCSE but I was informed that I need to study it further. :?

Omrow, would you mind posting the titles of some basic philosophy books for Angel?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I'm doing my training at primary level I cant handle teenagers. I already have my maths GCSE but I was informed that I need to study it further. :?

oh that is a shame. Lucky for those who actually enjoy maths.

Is this your final year if so have you started your placements yet?

"Angel" wrote:

Inshallah I should graduate this year and start my teachers traning/placements etc beg of next year.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Inshallah I should graduate this year and start my teachers traning/placements etc beg of next year.

cool. good luck, i am sure you will do an excellant job in teaching you have the skills of explaining things very clearly as seen from your posts.

"Angel" wrote:

cool. good luck, i am sure you will do an excellant job in teaching you have the skills of explaining things very clearly as seen from your posts.

Thanks angel...But 101% better at explaining stuff via my writing then verbally face to face.

And Omrow, come on posts some suggested philosophy books for Angel.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Omrow, come on posts some suggested philosophy books for Angel.

Bearing in mind that we are talking about an angel, I suggest this book:

" Complete Idiots Guide To Philosophy " - Jay Stevenson 2002

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Omrow

:evil:

Salam

Angel. Don't get angry.

I suggested a good book when a holy lady made a request.

You do need that book. It will do you good. You possess a lot of potential.

And you will improve. You do have it in you. Don't waste it.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Omrow, come on posts some suggested philosophy books for Angel.

Omrow

Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

When I took my maths GCSE there was only three of us doing the higher tier, can you believe it. We had a maths assistant (uni student), six weeks before our exam she taught the three of us the higher tier maths. It was quite hard. She taught us how to do the questions and pass the exam, which we all did. But i still dont understand some stuff esp algebra.

I got an alright grade so i thought i'd take maths at A level......
BIG mistake!!!
When we got the year planners my friend saw some of the equations printed in it and says "they printed these in the planner so these must be basic stuff right, have you done this stuff?" i took one look and thought there is no way im gonna pass. That turned out to be true, three weeks later i dropped maths :oops:

a level maths is a whole complete different ball game...

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

So is A level physics as i later found out

On the first lesson i went in late, there was not one single girl in the class!!
Tutor says "Do join us" ponting to the only seat available, which had to be nowhere else but the first row right at the front. i felt so embarrased.

SubhanAllah , you did A level Physics without Maths...you must be super kid!. Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Im not worthy of praise, i dropped the physics too.
[size=9]I must go hang my head in shame [/size]

Infact i dropped out of the sixth form college altogether (but the reason for that was very different)

Maths?

Booooring.

physics is interesting.

I hated stats.

Give me good ole mechanics any day of the week.

I got a D in A Level maths. I answered about 10 points out of a potential 120 for stats...

So to get a D I probably got around 100 out of 120 for mechanics.

And even that never taught me the lesson that I should revise...

(True story: this will show some of my naivety. At around GCSE time a firend asked me how do I revise for my exams. I looked at him and asked in all seriousness 'what is revision?' until then I had not come across the concept of revision!)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I'm so bad with maths. Thats why I'm so bad with my money. I'm often extremly short changed by shopkeepers but since I'm so thick at maths I realise this hours later.

I can never get myself a good deal in anything either. Be it in a take away shop or in a mobile phone shop.

"Admin" wrote:
Maths?

Booooring.

physics is interesting.

I hated stats.

Give me good ole mechanics any day of the week.

I got a D in A Level maths. I answered about 10 points out of a potential 120 for stats...

So to get a D I probably got around 100 out of 120 for mechanics.

And even that never taught me the lesson that I should revise...

(True story: this will show some of my naivety. At around GCSE time a firend asked me how do I revise for my exams. I looked at him and asked in all seriousness 'what is revision?' until then I had not come across the concept of revision!)

what did u gratuate in?

Chemical Engineering.

A snoozful amount of maths.

Not got a good degree though. I flopped. BEng Hons 3rd.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages