Challenges

I'm just wondering what aspects of Islam you find very hard to adapt to and implement in your life.

Yes I know it's a very open Q but please don't come out with a stupid answer :/

No, I'm not asking you to outright reveal your sins but say something like you find it hard to motivate yourself doing blah blah. I'm sure you can work around it Smile

Also if there were things you used to find hard but learnt to overcome the hurdle then share your tips!

Smile

islamic dress- hard..still get very frustrated sometimes :/

i would say being regular in ur prayer requires motivation and dedication to begin with until it becomes a habit. cnt rlly say i have any tips for tht exept if u find it hard waking up for fajr (which i did and still do lol) u can put ur alarm in a place tht requires u to actually get up! (lame tip, i knw... :roll: )

wht else????? cnt rlly think of anything now...im pretty much perfect despite the above Blum 3
ill probably come back to this, maybe when more people post... did U find anything hard???? i wouldnt be surprised if the girls posted more thn the guys purely due to practical aspects???

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

The only challenge in anything is yourself really. if you can overcome yourself obstacles are mere hurdles to overcome.

"Difficult" is only in your mind (however impossible is not - some things you just can't do. For everything else, there is mastercard).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Oh God, help up fight our nafs, passions and desires"

there IS still a force working against us. It's not all about willingness.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

there IS still a force working against us. It's not all about willingness.

That wasn't the point of the topic...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i was replying to Admin's comment about it being all about us.

oh right. Well it is - you have the power to control your nafs. No?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
you have the power to control your nafs. No?

Course you do.

I think it's the political aspect for me

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MuslimBro wrote:
you have the power to control your nafs. No?

Course you do.

ok, agreed, you can consider nafs, passion, desires as part of one's self.

but there's waswas and shayaateen.

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:

Explain?

You wrote:
The only challenge in anything is yourself really. if you can overcome yourself obstacles are mere hurdles to overcome.

"Difficult" is only in your mind (however impossible is not - some things you just can't do. For everything else, there is mastercard).

That may be but its hard to change yourself all at once - gotta take it step by step. So you need to identify each problem and tackle it and like that you can change yourself. I think?

Lilly wrote:

ok, agreed, you can consider nafs, passion, desires as part of one's self.

but there's waswas and shayaateen.

I think they're just excuses used by people to make them feel less guilty because we have the power to listen or ignore them.

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:

Explain?

Well like palestine and israel stuff, I find it hard to care about that even though we should

and like separating all i've ever known (western liberal laws etc) and trying to think of Shariah law etc as correct

and things about Muslims being in the news, reacting to that, like going to demos and stuf.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Oooh right! I see Smile

Do you think it's because you've become desensitised/don't understand etc?

I've never been to demos etc either.

I find it really hard to stop myself from listening to music. But then I noticed how in Ramadan people behave so good, do their prayers and don't do some wrong deeds they usually would've done, for e.g watching soap operas etc.
So I actually tried reading some stories of our Prophet (PBUH), and have seen it keeps you off from listening to music etc.
I'm not saying I don't listen to music anymore, but I'd say I'm trying to stop.

I don't think there is anything wrong with music per se.

But the way the new generation is with music with their ipods or other music players almost always plugged into their ears... I must say that I find that trend quite disturbing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Phoenix wrote:
I find it really hard to stop myself from listening to music. But then I noticed how in Ramadan people behave so good, do their prayers and don't do some wrong deeds they usually would've done, for e.g watching soap operas etc.
So I actually tried reading some stories of our Prophet (PBUH), and have seen it keeps you off from listening to music etc.
I'm not saying I don't listen to music anymore, but I'd say I'm trying to stop.

Good, good! Biggrin

You wrote:

But the way the new generation is with music with their ipods or other music players almost always plugged into their ears... I must say that I find that trend quite disturbing.

That's what I'm talking about. I got an IpodTouch last month for my birthday, but luckily it has other things like Internet etc that keeps me off music for sometime.

bilan wrote:

Yep, it can be difficult to a certain extent. I mean I'm used to covering up wearing loose clothing etc but sometimes its hard to find decent clothes etc :S (jilbaab would fix that but you'd have to give up your clothes...)

I find sometimes, just generally all the stuff that comes with being a girl hard...

Quote:

i would say being regular in ur prayer requires motivation and dedication to begin with until it becomes a habit. cnt rlly say i have any tips for tht exept if u find it hard waking up for fajr (which i did and still do lol) u can put ur alarm in a place tht requires u to actually get up! (lame tip, i knw... :roll: )

Lol I used to think thats a good way - worked for a while but tbh it the best way is to just have the motivation to read otherwise you won't get up even if you're awake! Beee

bilan wrote:

Yep, it can be difficult to a certain extent. I mean I'm used to covering up wearing loose clothing etc but sometimes its hard to find decent clothes etc :S (jilbaab would fix that but you'd have to give up your clothes...)

I find sometimes, just generally all the stuff that comes with being a girl hard...

Quote:

Lol I used to think thats a good way - worked for a while but tbh it the best way is to just have the motivation to read otherwise you won't get up even if you're awake! Beee

you can say THAT again!!!!

(jilbaab would fix that but you'd have to give up your clothes...)

PofS!!!!!!!!! IT's not!!!! it really isnt!!! think about it? when did you actually FEEL and WANT to spend the time you spend looking for something to wear before going out? just to go out, not talking about going to guests and that. for that, you can just dress up, then put jilbaab on and remove when you get to the person's house.

tryna dress appropriately for a girl is HARD full stop! seriously, these winter days u dnt understand how much of a drag ive come to see it as!!! i mean, it rlly shouldnt be tht hard right? i dnt knw why im feelin like tht. and then when i see a guy in tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie....if looks could kill, my oh my!!!!!

why can't you wear a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms?

Zina of the eyes, zina of the heart and mind.

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

You wrote:

Hmmm, can't say i agree with that...I mean, it has been clearly stated that music is haraam. you (just a general 'you' btw, not 'YOU' you :P) can't go round saying therefore that its ok, but only a bit...
havent u heard baba ali..."Haraam is Haraam!!" Wink

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

zdc wrote:
Zina of the eyes, zina of the heart and mind.

Very true... very hard

Nasheedgirl wrote:
...I mean, it has been clearly stated that music is haraam.

actually, it hasn't.

All the strong ahadith etc allow it. and any ahadith that seem to disallow it are generally considered weak or have other explanations.

i dnt think i can wear a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms when im goin outside...wouldnt be great coverage, would it????

but i just meant tht its so easy for guys (i may have felt resentful on a bad day :/ )

bilan wrote:

i dnt think i can wear a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms when im goin outside...wouldnt be great coverage, would it????

but i just meant tht its so easy for guys (i may have felt resentful on a bad day :/ )

dude... that is so wrong on so many level...

wear an abayah? you can wear hoodie/tracksuit bottom underneath?

and you know..there's this thing..i think its called..euh..im not sure you'd have heard of it..a coat? ever seen one? yeah...you should try them. I hear they are REALLY good for winter! AMAZING!

how is ironing an abayah and scarf. putting the abaya/scarf on HARD?!

You wrote:
Nasheedgirl wrote:
...I mean, it has been clearly stated that music is haraam.

actually, it hasn't.

All the strong ahadith etc allow it. and any ahadith that seem to disallow it are generally considered weak or have other explanations.

Lol! Why is it i had a feeling you would say that!?! Smile

However, majority of the scholars have come to the conclusion that music is haraam due to the following verse- (and various hadith, some of which have strong chains):

"And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Quran) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire)". (Surah Luqman 31:6)

And in Hadith:

"Song make hypocrisy grow in the heart just as water makes crops grow" (Bayhaqi, Shu'ab al-iman- also find referance for this in Provisions for the Seekers, Hadith 24 alongside commentary by Mufti Abdur Rahman Ibn Yusuf)

The other major proof is the Hadith reported by Al-Bukhari:

"From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcohol, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. Allah will destroy them during the night...and will change the rest of them to monkeys and pigs and they will remain so until the Day of Resurrection".

This Hadith was narrated with a connected chain of narrators by other scholars of Hadith such as Al-Ismaili, Abu Dhar, Abu Nuaim, and Al-Tabarani. It is authentic.

Pages