Rise in men reporting forced marriages

Its a story from the where it is reported that there has been a 65% increase in the reported cases.

This is still the minority and often overlooked, but what stood out to me was that one of the reasons for the forced marriage was suspicion of homosexuality or bisexuality of the people who were then being forced into marriage. Is this the Eastender's effect?

Are men who are gay allowed to get married to women?

why wouldn't they be?

(and it would not be just that. Others who are getting forced may also be more likely to report such things if they are more aware of their rights.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
why wouldn't they be?

Depending on various circumstances, it can become fard, wajib, sunnah muakkadah, makruh or even haram for one to marry.

I'm sure you know the answer.

I don't know the answer. and I didn't know there were situations where it would be makruh or haraam either (unless you mean the person is either already married or the intended is or within the iddah period etc or they are mahrams.)

Care to enlighten us please?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

4) Prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman). This is for an individual who fears being unjust or oppressive to the spouse, even if there is an overwhelming level of sexual desire, for the rights of servants are given precedence over the right of Allah.

5) Unlawful (haram). This is when one is certain of being unjust or oppressive to the spouse, even if there is an overwhelming level of sexual desire.

On the other hand people may become more unjust the more they resist their desires...