What have you got out of The Revival?

80 posts / 0 new
Last post

She is saying it is good for providing a feel good factor but she does not learn from it.

Or she may be saying something else. I should try not to talk for others...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Oh and does it cater to the Muslim youth? Well, it doesn't cater to me, Maybe in general it does though, I may not be representative of the youth as a whole. I think it caters for Muslim children, but possibly not Muslim young adults. And it's not the content, because you talk about the right thiongs, it's just the wary way it's told. I mean all the mean groups are explicit in their attacks, i don't see why the nice people can't be explicit in their defence. Also on all things, i think you should give a variety of views.

i'm not sure what you exactly mean by that? pls elaborate

You wrote:
She is saying it is good for providing a feel good factor but she does not learn from it.

yeah.... shutup:-) let her answer lol

Yeah that's it!

And can you translate the other bit he doesn't get too?

Coz i don't know how else to put it.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_7TeenF wrote:

And can you translate the other bit he doesn't get too?

Lol

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Oh and does it cater to the Muslim youth? Well, it doesn't cater to me, Maybe in general it does though, I may not be representative of the youth as a whole. I think it caters for Muslim children, but possibly not Muslim young adults. And it's not the content, because you talk about the right things, it's just the wary way it's told. I mean all the mean groups are explicit in their attacks, i don't see why the nice people can't be explicit in their defence. Also on all things, i think you should give a variety of views.

i'm not sure what you exactly mean by that? pls elaborate

I'll break it down for you ;]

-It doesn't cater to me, I see things differently to others and need a more rigorous/philosophical approach than what you offer but perhaps it caters to other people.
-You talk about the right topics, it's the way you talk about them
-Provide more than one view and say why yours is right
-Be forceful in your defence of what you say and consider potential implications of things.

Now do you get it?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
You wrote:

yeah.... shutup:-) let her answer lol

That is what i meant though lol
You took what i said out of context by highlighting only parts of my sentences.

But that's okay, i forgive you (:

So you want content that is more comprehensive and delves deeper into issues?

More "big debate" like articles, but about stuff that interests you instead of the subject we had it on before?

This may be asking for a bit too much, is it possible to have an example of an article that you thought was good for you and article that you thought could have been for you but in the end wasn't?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
So you want content that is more comprehensive and delves deeper into issues?

More "big debate" like articles, but about stuff that interests you instead of the subject we had it on before?

This may be asking for a bit too much, is it possible to have an example of an article that you thought was good for you and article that you thought could have been for you but in the end wasn't?

No the same stuff, like topical things
but YES!

Like have you ever seen "the big debate" or "the big question"? Formatted like That!

Uhhmmm Articles on here?
I'd rather not, I don't want to offend anybody.

I think the magazine's being slated on loads lately without making it personal Beee

I don't hate it, i think it's cute. I just think that that's the way to improve it imo, but it might only improve it for me.

MakeMeRawr_7TeenF wrote:
I think the magazine's being slated on loads lately without making it personal Beee

I think the "British Muslim" title was genius and it brought about probably the expected response. Atleast the one I expected - it seems everyone else the 'Ed down did not expect it to be so though.

People getting into a rage about the magazine means only that they are reading it.

Is The Revival having a "feel good" element to it a bad thing?

I suspect that there are atleast some young Muslims who may not feel the most confident when confronted by a negative impression of Islam, may even feel ashamed to an extent or try to hide their Islamic feelings. Something that here tells them that they are right, they do not need to be ashamed about their faith etc is a good thing IMO.

Patience wrote:
^ I was kidding!

Or have you changed your mind? lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Patience wrote:
^ I was kidding!

but you said "can i be honest" that sounds as serious as you can get Blum 3

why is my heart hurting at this personal attack on revvy! ARGH MY HEART! MY HEART!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

what side of revy is "alien" to you?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Still no proof that I called you a hypocrite - you'll then moan people call you a fabricator... rightly so!

I'm inclined to believe the poster who said you admitted being funded by govt and questions who the editor actually is... if it had been a Muslim no doubt Islamic arguments would have been presented - totally lacking - replaced by vitriolic hatred of other Muslims esp. groups like HT which is all I've heard you attack. Interesting how the govt wants to ban them too - coincidence? I don't think so...

Looks like you enjoy slogans and cannot engage in a discussion of issues so here you go:
Yes you are secular - BritishIslam, BiritishMuslim, HinduIslam, HinduMuslim... anything I've missed?

same old crap
as You mentioned you're nothing but an extremist with an attitude, doing the job for the likes of the BNP and the Zionists by dividing the ummah, now shooh and stop hijacking this topic; i want constructive feedback not hatred and fatwas from crackpots like you.

Lol

_Me_ wrote:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Still no proof that I called you a hypocrite - you'll then moan people call you a fabricator... rightly so!

I'm inclined to believe the poster who said you admitted being funded by govt and questions who the editor actually is... if it had been a Muslim no doubt Islamic arguments would have been presented - totally lacking - replaced by vitriolic hatred of other Muslims esp. groups like HT which is all I've heard you attack. Interesting how the govt wants to ban them too - coincidence? I don't think so...

Looks like you enjoy slogans and cannot engage in a discussion of issues so here you go:
Yes you are secular - BritishIslam, BiritishMuslim, HinduIslam, HinduMuslim... anything I've missed?

same old crap
as You mentioned you're nothing but an extremist with an attitude, doing the job for the likes of the BNP and the Zionists by dividing the ummah, now shooh and stop hijacking this topic; i want constructive feedback not hatred and fatwas from crackpots like you.

Lol

dude, if you KNEW anon1...LOL

Bonjour, I would like to say that this has benefited me. I was given an outlet and met new people which is always cool Smile I also learnt things.. Job done.

I've been given a lotttt of positive responses by people who had read it.. Not only "youth".

Yep I know I'm one of the ghosts who hardly come on now but that, if I'm honest was due to the "don't know where we're going, who's going to be the next editor thing". I enjoyed it more knowing I could hand out magazines too! Umas well as that I actually never typed in my password and hence didn't know what it was when I got a new phone eek.. Ok I'll stop

I think it's got potential, we just need to seriously fundraise and get it back on track.. Ed you've got my number if you would like me to help Smile

Oh and also we need to make the most of social networking and advertise like crazy (Twitter, Facebook)

What went on with this becoming a registered charity? (sorry I'm delayed)

Just my thoughtssss
P.s. Thank you TPOS for the revival (yes twice in one day..lameeeass muhaha)

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

At least you realise it's lame :twisted:

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages