Alqaeda...

129 posts / 0 new
Last post

Alqaeda is 'the first step'

Al Saeqa is 'the second step/group/whatever'.

There may also be a palestinian group with the same name... I do not know.

As an example I doubt there was an Alqaeda in iraq til around April or may THIS YEAR!

Now there is an Alqaeda of iraq. no Idea wether its ideological, or actually linked.

Zarqawi was always called Alqaeda, but was not so. He was leader of a smaller faction that was both anti saddam, and anti kurds pre-war.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Well, the Iraq war was not fought by military means.

It was fought by political means.

Pentagon was used as a pawn by the White House.

When politicians start doing the work of the Generals, we get into one big mess.

They should have simply let the General plan and execute the war until its successful end.

Too late now.

Its another Vietnam, if not worse.

Omrow

Well in fairness to neocon doctrine - they basically closed the book on 3g warfare. They proved technology dependent expeditionary forces are able to tackle any military obsticle. Furthermore the neocon doctrine is probably the best example of any US military school exploiting our greatest strength - logistics.

The problem was that the idealogues ignored the arguments to prepare for 4g warfare - which includes insurgency in favor of the deliriously idiotic happy iraqi theory.

Salam

Lets just say Bush meant well.

Its just that he bad over-zealous advisers.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Lets just say Bush meant well.

I would not say that...

He is probably (slightly) cleverer than we give him credit for.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Bush definetly IS clever then we all give him credit for.
He has managed to get away with alot! :twisted:

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"irfghan" wrote:
The programme on Radio 4 last night...

Irfan Chisti was on it and he spoke about takfir.

Takfir means excommunication, eg calling other Muslims kaffirs.

I 'like' this word 'takfiri'. It was the first time I paid [u]any[/u] attention to it.

I think this is a very apt label for Al Qaeda et al.

What do you think?

Can anyone tell me more about it?

Anyone?

Ed, Admin, Salaf... ?

Alqaeda have been called takfiris many times. The idea comes from Zahwahiri who made Takfir on the entire Egyptian population for not supporting his groups insurrection against the government.

There's this other militant group called Takfir al-hijra. I once heard they were against bin Laden but recently I heard they're part of al-qaeda.

Usign takfiri as the sole defining stick can also be wrong... All muslims call Qadiyani's Kaafir. So to some extent we are all takfiri.

Calling everyone a kaafir is not a definition of Alqaeda, but a syptom pf possible recruits.

Salaf; abiout that other group. Never heard of it. Doubt they would join up with Alqaeda... but they probably share some ideology. But that is a guess.

It is takfeer WAL hijra.

They are not affiliated with the ''al qa'ida'' organisation.

I am unsure in regards to this labelling al qa'ida and dr ayman az zawaahiri and others takfiri is either correct or helpful. If I recall correctly it was upon the instigation of the saudi government that some saudi scholars labelled al qa'ida the modern day khawaarij, surprisingly, members oh Ahlul Bid'ah also label them khawaarij of this era.

I am unsure, so remain silent.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Should ask a question here?

Yeh may aswell...

Who calls them khawaarij? which groups by name?

I think certain scholars from the salafiyya but cannot remember specific names, for sure a certain salafi 'scholar' from birmingham by the name of Abu Khadeejah calls them khawaarij, and certain other scholars from Ahlul Bid'ah have also done so.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Using your definition of Ahlul Biddah, there is no way of knowing who calls them khawaarij...

Or does it mean those who call them khawaarij are ahlul biddah?

I do not like probing on this topic...

"Med" wrote:
I think certain scholars from the salafiyya but cannot remember specific names, for sure a certain salafi 'scholar' from birmingham by the name of Abu Khadeejah calls them khawaarij, and certain other scholars from Ahlul Bid'ah have also done so.

I mentioned him in the Koran and Country thread and he was on the show. He does consider al-qaeda to be khawaarij however he doesn't claim to be a scholar.

who, Abu Khadeejah?

he probably doesnt claim to be a scholar, but by his relatives and other members of the salafi jama'at in bham, he is considered a scholar.

lol admin brother.

No it doesnt mean that those who call al qa'ida khawaarij are Ahlul Bid'ah, it means that certain members of Ahlul Bid'ah have also labelled al qa'ida to be khawaarij of this era.

I agree with u, we should not take this discussion further, to avoid offending religious sensibilities.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

I agree with u, we should not take this discussion further, to avoid offending religious sensibilities.

So you're making your little accusations and then not letting anyone pick you up on it?

Who are the Ahlul Bid'ah?

Which of their scholars passed a fatwa against Al Qaeda?

"Med" wrote:
who, Abu Khadeejah?

he probably doesnt claim to be a scholar, but by his relatives and other members of the salafi jama'at in bham, he is considered a scholar.

Well thats not his fault is it.

"salaf" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
who, Abu Khadeejah?

Well thats not his fault is it.

who said anything about fault?

plus it is from humility for him to not claim to be a scholar. I know loads of ulama who constantly say that they are only students of knowledge, i wasnt saying anything bad abt Abu Khadeejah but he is a salafi scholar in bham.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"irfghan" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

So you're making your little accusations and then not letting anyone pick you up on it?

Who are the Ahlul Bid'ah?

Which of their scholars passed a fatwa against Al Qaeda?

accusations upon who? I dont understand.

The reason I dont wish to get into this is because it has been said over and over and over again. I refer you to those threads where I have listed certain traits of Ahlul Bid'ah.

Btw who am I accusing? And as for picking up on it, u can pick up on it ALL u like brother, but if I start talking abt that then this thread will become yet another one abt Ahlul Bid'ah, I thought it wise to leave it there and again reiterate my referral to you to the relevant threads.

assalaamu alaykum.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Name a few scholars of the Ahlul Bid'ah.

lol, brother if u wish to start a seperate thread I might address this issue there. But this thread is abt al qa'ida not Ahlul Bid'ah.

Also do u think it wise for me to start listing the scholars of Ahlul Bid'ah, is that going to create a better environment here or not. I have no problem in stating it, but I dont see any benefit in it,
I wud like some advise from others in this regard aswell.

Should I start listing some people of Ahlul Bid'ah?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Admin" wrote:
Usign takfiri as the sole defining stick can also be wrong... All muslims call Qadiyani's Kaafir. So to some extent we are all takfiri.

Calling everyone a kaafir is not a definition of Alqaeda, but a syptom pf possible recruits.

Salaf; abiout that other group. Never heard of it. Doubt they would join up with Alqaeda... but they probably share some ideology. But that is a guess.

I think the idea behind this "kaafir" syndrome is that the terrorists are trying to seperate the recruit from his community - whether that be the Ummah or his neighborhood.

The idea is to break the trust that connects them to other people, that's how any community dies.

Once they have been isolated from the muslim Ummah or from their various regional communities they can be fed nonsense by the terrorists themselves.

It's so important for communities to fight for control of these people rather than just surrenduring them to the terrorists.

"100" wrote:
naj believes al Qaeda is real and thinks they are great, as are any similar groups. She is especially impressed with their covertness.

Is this true Naj? I can't see any of your early posts they appear to be deleted.

Not deleted. Just she used the term 'inshallah', which 100 took as she thinks they are great.

She has refused to give her position.

Inshallah is just the Islamic equivalent of the Christian "Dieu Le veult" right?

"Constantine" wrote:
Inshallah is just the Islamic equivalent of the Christian "Dieu Le veult" right?

If I knew what that meant...

"Admin" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

God wills it

and Si Dieu Le veult = If God wants it

"Constantine" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

God wills it

and Si Dieu Le veult = If God wants it

"God wills it"

LOL There's a scene in Kingdom Heaven which made me lol.

The gung-ho Christian leaders pressure 'The Lepper' to go to war and everyone starts shouting 'God wills it'.

As if those bloodthirsty bruts knew what God willed.

Pages