6TH FORM COLLEGES!

83 posts / 0 new
Last post

s.b.f wrote:
Okay. Fine. Although I agree with the last sentence, i found most of the approaches boring.

Biological approach was boring, even though it was scientific and could be proved right or wrong.

Psychodynamic approach (Freudian theory) was the best!... even though there was no way in measuring it.

BIOLOGY? urrrgh...

ohh well, Sbf said it was basic biology.
finally one thing we agree about, Psychology looks good!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

MuslimBro wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Okay. Fine. Although I agree with the last sentence, i found most of the approaches boring.

Biological approach was boring, even though it was scientific and could be proved right or wrong.

Psychodynamic approach (Freudian theory) was the best!... even though there was no way in measuring it.

I want to drop politics, but then i don't think theres anything else i will be able to do that i want to do. And if i don't do anything in place of it, i will only be doing 3 AS subjects...1 less than everyone else Fool :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lets have a reality check here:

1. You got good grades at GCSE.
2. Many other subjects will have people that will have got way worse grades than you got.
3. You can do it.

So if you want to change, do it. Find a subject that you like. Forget about easy and hard - they are meaningless terms. The easiest thing is really hard if it bored you and tough subjects will be easy if they interest you.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I want to drop politics, but then i don't think theres anything else i will be able to do that i want to do. And if i don't do anything in place of it, i will only be doing 3 AS subjects...1 less than everyone else Fool :/

You can still do 3 A-levels and go into uni. However because of how competitive it is and depending on which area you want to go into, you may want to stick with politics, even though it may be boring. I know I did.

You wrote:
Lets have a reality check here:

1. You got good grades at GCSE.
2. Many other subjects will have people that will have got way worse grades than you got.
3. You can do it.

So if you want to change, do it. Find a subject that you like. Forget about easy and hard - they are meaningless terms. The easiest thing is really hard if it bored you and tough subjects will be easy if they interest you.

not about easy/hard but actually finding a subject that i will like and be good at (yes thats different to easy/hard, i think!)

@bro, the competition thing is the ONLY reason why i don't want to do only 3 AS subjects. It would be easier doing 3.
i don't know if i can stand the boringness though! you know when something's boring, and you can't even concentrate on it and just can't be bothered with it? that's how i am. It doesn't help that i hate on of my teachers who i have for like 5 hours a week...

In other news im liking psychology. its not *WOW I LOVE this subject* but its ok. I'm doing an experiment/study thing now. Cuz i'm only in a pair while most other people are in 3s/4s i've got an easy study. Gotta look at peoples personal adverts and analyse the info. Honestly these personal adverts that people write are shocking,cringe-worthy and hilarious!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

then...what would you like to do? English lit?
or you could try a science. i recommand..CHEMISTRY! you should give it a go. im finding it alright. its all fact and logic. so its easy to get. try it?

i don't like chemistry but i've heard its better than the GCSE stuff so maybe i would like it. But i think u need atleast a B in maths to do it, not sure though...
Plus i only got a B in it for GCSE which i like a D in AS.
I was thinking more useless but interesting subjects like media studies/film studies but then im gna have to make my own stuff related to it at some point and im not creative...

i don't like chemistry but i've heard its better than the GCSE stuff so maybe i would like it. But i think u need atleast a B in maths to do it, not sure though...
Plus i only got a B in it for GCSE which i like a D in AS.
I was thinking more useless but interesting subjects like media studies/film studies but then im gna have to make my own stuff related to it at some point and im not creative...

try it? media studies... yeah try it! try everything! we're still young! dont let anyone tell you otherwise

I would recommend Oldham 6th form college!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Lilly wrote:
Newham ftw.

The borough with high levels of robbery and vehicle crime.

drop it who cares most people only do 3 a levels anyway.....and it gets even more boring in the second year ....only thing that made it more interesting for me was that it was the year of the American elections ....and the teacher was abit of a nutter aswel

Suhail wrote:
...and it gets even more boring in the second year...

I would disagree. 2nd year is more interesting as you don't just concentrate on British politics like 1st year, you also study international politics where it gets interesting. You might also touch upon terrorism in the 2nd year.

MuslimBro wrote:
Suhail wrote:
...and it gets even more boring in the second year...

I would disagree. 2nd year is more interesting as you don't just concentrate on British politics like 1st year, you also study international politics where it gets interesting. You might also touch upon terrorism in the 2nd year.

we should have had the debates but they were over looked by the elections....first year for me was useful as it tied in with my law course ...but the second year i found boring .... but yh it is good to study the comparatives with uk politics and plus if your looking to do politics at uni then its good way to make a start and get a feel of what your going to study later on.

MuslimBro wrote:
Lilly wrote:
Newham ftw.

The borough with high levels of robbery and vehicle crime.

it was a pun on the whole new/old ham thing...
you just ruined it, for once i was on your side...

i give up.

Lilly wrote:

You should have said so.

Lilly wrote:
i give up.

[size=6]Yes[/size]

Reading this really makes me feel old Sad

I wish I was still in school, sniff, sob, sniff, sniff!!

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

Are you daying that you aren't still in school?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:
Lilly wrote:

You should have said so.

Lilly wrote:
i give up.

[size=6]Yes[/size]

Pages