The Mention of Sex in Front of Asians

94 posts / 0 new
Last post

ok pretend it was an advert on Hidayat TV

(have u read the very first post/introductory post thing?)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Hidayat TV does not air shameless kafir things.
They inform people in a good decent islamic manner.
they dont talk about sex at all. why would they need to.
either its zina or halal relationships.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

ok sister. I am going to sit down now.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

So I introduced my brother to my new favourite Shaykh's talks (Zahir Mahmood) and put one on. I thought I had watched it before but now I think I must've just listened to the first few mins.

So there we are, me, bro and dad sitting there listening to him and I walk out the room and when I'm coming back I hear something like "and in our society if a 16yr old hasn't lost their virginity there's something wrong with them", and thought :O it was so embarrassing I decided not to walk in. (Actually theres stuff before that which made me feel awkward too lol)

But yeah couldn't believe it! Think it's great that a teacher is actually talking about these issues but I wouldn't have want to sit in the room with 2 males whilst listening to that - although I'm guessing when the shaykh did the talk it was for the mixed gender, (obviously?)

Glad it finished by the time I got back into the room though; was only supposed to show my brother then go off and revise but mA the I love the way the Shaykh talks, just makes me wanna carry on listening! Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Erm think h.vn couradicted myself. This topic is wrong isn't it :oops:

Yeah completely hypocritical since you were all
Ooh we shouldn't talk about it so we can stay innocent
blah blah blah

when did I say that?! I've never said that, I said it should be talked about in an appropriate manner.

And there's a difference between staying innocent and staying ignorant...

yeah well.

probably best not to ever use the dreaded 's' word as its sooo bad and there's nothing more sinful you can do than discuss contemporary and relevant issues :roll:

and i dunno what Noor TV is but I'm assuming its arabic or smth? anyway I agree they should have either given all the relevant information or not have bothered giving any. But actually, they probably thought they covered it with how you can get it, exchange of bodily fluids etc?

Oh I was supposed to correct myself before :oops:

I was supposed to say, they were talking about Hepatitis C, but I misunderstood at the time :oops: Fool Beee but the point still stands - people don't talk about these issues but they should.

Rawrrs wrote:

probably best not to ever use the dreaded 's' word as its sooo bad and there's nothing more sinful you can do than discuss contemporary and relevant issues :roll:

it's not sinful. its just awkward isnt it? i'd rather read it in a book than anything else... then maybe ask for clarification..later...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
Rawrrs wrote:

it's not sinful. its just awkward isnt it? i'd rather read it in a book than anything else... then maybe ask for clarification..later...

I was being sarcastic.

Rawrrs wrote:
Lilly wrote:
Rawrrs wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

are you still being or do you genuinely think i didnt get it?

im talking about the fact that you seem to think that we SHOULD just talk about it. and hence why i said i'd rather read it in a book. and ask for clarification IF needed, rather than discuss it at the dinner table...

Lilly wrote:
Rawrrs wrote:
Lilly wrote:
Rawrrs wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

are you still being or do you genuinely think i didnt get it?

im talking about the fact that you seem to think that we SHOULD just talk about it. and hence why i said i'd rather read it in a book. and ask for clarification IF needed, rather than discuss it at the dinner table...

huh? I have no idea what you mean but I was being sarcastic about it being sinful and thats it. Obviously it's not.

No you're right, but I think there's a difference between the dinner table where it is inappropriate and on a website that has been created for the sole purpose of objective learning and discussing issues affecting young people, with other people who can help. And I think it's better to talk things through than go straight to books.

I just got the weirdest image of a family sat at the dinner table! LOL!
To be honest one of my friends started giving me sex tips for when I was married, and I remember thinking: "OK........"
It is an important issue but I think it may be better if parents let the kids know that they can talk to them.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

we shud be careful when talking in front of elders and children. Its disrespect we shud be very careful.

Nabeela wrote:
we shud be careful when talking in front of elders and children. Its disrespect we shud be very careful.

Depends who the elder is, and what exactly you're talking about - it may be embarrassing but a mother is probably the best person to educate her daughter about such things, or an older sister (but then who'd teach the older sis?).

But it's been instilled into us to think it's disrespectful and wrong so it's not done and children turn to alternative places to find out such stuff. This means that they may not get the Islamic based, right info and will be led astray.

And The Revival Editor's campaign to have SexEd taught at mosques was a great idea...wonder how that's going...

and lol Lampy at the friend comment, not that I really wanted to know that! Blum 3

Rawrrs wrote:

No you're right, but I think there's a difference between the dinner table where it is inappropriate and on a website that has been created for the sole purpose of objective learning and discussing issues affecting young people, with other people who can help. And I think it's better to talk things through than go straight to books.

i'm missing something...we were talking about talking about sex on Revvy? i thought we were talking about real life?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Nabeela wrote:

Depends who the elder is, and what exactly you're talking about - it may be embarrassing but a mother is probably the best person to educate her daughter about such things, or an older sister (but then who'd teach the older sis?).

But it's been instilled into us to think it's disrespectful and wrong so it's not done and children turn to alternative places to find out such stuff. This means that they may not get the Islamic based, right info and will be led astray.

And The Revival Editor's campaign to have SexEd taught at mosques was a great idea...wonder how that's going...

and lol Lampy at the friend comment, not that I really wanted to know that! Blum 3

thats also true.

I personally think it is important for youngsters to know about sex and what Islam has to say about it.

The way society is going very young children know about sex which I don't agree with, they are children and they should be kept that way till they reach puberty.

If I have a girl then I would discuss this issue with her from an Islamic point of view and if I have a boy, then I will leave that to my hubby.

angelic wrote:

If I have a girl then I would discuss this issue with her from an Islamic point of view and if I have a boy, then I will leave that to my hubby.

Oooh, what will you call them?

s.b.f wrote:
Oooh, what will you call them?

Lol. Biggrin Random much?
I think there is a fine line between modesty and being "Baysharm". Its about time that people begin to understand the fact that you can always educate yourselves and have modesty.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

True

Lioness of Allah wrote:
"Baysharm".

so that's how you spell it!

one of the two words i know of bengali. i wouldnt mention the other one...

but anyway; that word's realcool; reall cool

I was doing my newphew's homework which was about the royal wedding, and he saw the picture where the couple were kissing. He couldn't say the word kiss so he spelt it out, k-i-s-s. I remember doing that when I was young.

Isn't that like the word "pig" or "pork" which according to some families has to be spelt out? Wink LOL! Some people.....

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

never used to say the P word either... (joking, here >>>> Pig)

nyways, i use to spell out the L word. i aint even gona say that word.

and spelling words rule.

Oh My!!
If my mother thought to talk about s** (I'm too embarassed to write it :P) I'd run out the room. If it was to do with the deen, I'd force myself and bear it. But the talk of wedding nights and what not. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I'd rather stay clueless. I've learnt the basics in Science anyway.

Lilly wrote:
never used to say the P word either

Snap.

Pages