Bravery

What is the bravest thing you have ever done?

Do you still think it is on the right side of bravery/foolishness?

Discuss.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Probably rugby tackling a guy with a knife in Leeds. It looked like he was either leading his victim along or about to snatch her bag. He got away but fortunately a police van was nearby and they caught him just round the corner with his knife and a number of things that weren't his. I don't think it was foolish and since I was charging from behind the risk was quite low. I've been at greater risk but probably not in the name of bravery, and I've gabbed my way out of (and into) much scarier situations but that's probably the one I would call brave.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I agree, that is brave indeed.

(the police would probably say foolish though.)

The bravest thing I ever did was probably walk around Leeds with a Man U bag. Not that brave at all.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I just remembered another good one but this forum's full enough of me being full of myself.

The bravest thing I've seen you do involves site redesigns but I'm sure if you go back enough you'll think of something.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Smile - you should see some of the pitchforks that came out over the sitedesigns! (well, you probably did.)

I hope so too. It could be that I have never kept track, but I must have done something brave somewhere.

Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?

About a year or two ago.

It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.

There were pictures taken.

Back in BLACK

_LoLy_ wrote:
uhm..i think roller coaster...:lol:

I guess it depends on how safe the ride is?

Seraphim wrote:
You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

About a year or two ago.

It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.

There were pictures taken.

Now, that is cool. It's not flying, but its falling in style.

_LoLy_ wrote:
You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

wait!..you seem a paparazzo!
Lol

(joke.. Wink )

lol i think you mean paparazzi

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
_LoLy_ wrote:
You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

wait!..you seem a paparazzo!
Lol

(joke.. Wink )

lol i think you mean paparazzi

yep!...i wrote it in italian..sorry.. Blum 3

You wrote:

Lol, you know me: im all about the extreme sports.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
You wrote:

Lol, you know me: im all about the extreme sports.

Do you...iron?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Quitting uni?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Did that take positive action or did you sort of stop attending?

You wrote:
Did that take positive action or did you sort of stop attending?

LOL, I'm not You! I withdrew officially! (after sort of stop attending for a week Biggrin )

wednesday wrote:

*Ya'qub, quiting Uni was brave? Blum 3

Yeah! I had to get a job and EVERYTHING! Uni was like a comfort blanket. A comfort blanket full of fitna.

Quitting enabled me to (try to) become a Muslim.

wednesday wrote:
And returning to Uni, is that brave too?

Either that, or silly.

I dunno!

At least I'm going for the right reason now. I hope.

Dawud wrote:
Do you...iron?

Occasionally

Back in BLACK

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Climbed a mountain wearing flip flops and a skirt. Not really bravery but rather stupidity. OMG never again lol.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

If this video is legit, that girl/woman is very courageous indeed.

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyIKyd2gqA]

when i went on this massive trampoline and i was flung up as high as the third floor of the shopping centre (yes i was in a shopping centre) it was Very embarrasing and Scary - im scared of heights! my aunty more or less forced me to do this thinking it will be "fun" then she saw my face when i was on there and lets just say it was a Kodak moment...

o ye i think it was "brave" cuz i sort of "faced" my fear of heights!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages