United v City

Salaams,
Im surprised no one has put this up.
Did anyone watch it?

Citys performance was appalling, they were all over the place and never seem to get control of the ball.

Those of you that watched it what do you think about Ronaldo getting sent off? He didnt do himself any favours by teasing the ref when he got a yellow card.
I think the ref was pretty harsh on him. I cant stand the guy but you got to feel for him.

Any other comments?

w/salaam

I never watched it, but this means that next year City will not be able to launch a DVD about winning "their Premiere League". Good stuff.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Nothing about Arsenal beating Chelsea? RACISM!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Arsenal also beat Chelsea, keeping Manchester United in contention. All in all a good day for Manchester United.

J de V wrote:
All in all a good day for Manchester United.

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

Because he's cheesy-peas?

Ya'qub wrote:

Didnt watch it. Ended up dozing off. Feel free to discuss it though.

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

Hand ball. He claimed he was pushed from behind then he said he heard a whistle blow so thats why he stuck out his arms :?
They said they were gonna appeal.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

Hand ball. He claimed he was pushed from behind then he said he heard a whistle blow so thats why he stuck out his arms :?

Under the new Respect campaign your no longer allowed to appeal against a red card or the refs decision to use the red card...

Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

i watched match of the day Smile
and that was blatanly a hand ball but i dnt think he should of had the first yellow card though :S
his reaction to it was hillarious wasn't it?! he's going to be out of the next game :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

and that was blatanly a hand ball

I think even ronaldo admitted it hit his hand..... the argument is whether he should be sent off..

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

The rules say if he was seeking an advantage then he gets booked but what advantage was he trying to gain?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

fatima_zahrah wrote:
Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

Under the new Respect campaign your no longer allowed to appeal against a red card or the refs decision to use the red card...

Yeah thats what they were saying in the commentary but Terry won his red card appeal back in Sept which makes me wonder.

Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

J de V wrote:

alls good then! Biggrin

y was ronaldo sent off?

i watched match of the day Smile
and that was blatanly a hand ball but i dnt think he should of had the first yellow card though :S
his reaction to it was hillarious wasn't it?! he's going to be out of the next game :S

Ditto. The ref should have just issued him with a warning like he did the other players. His reaction is what did him no favours, he should have just took it on the chin. But Ronaldo being Ronaldo just had to get all sacee about it. If you ask me the ref had it in for him right from the start.

Funzo wrote:
The rules say if he was seeking an advantage then he gets booked but what advantage was he trying to gain?

I am quite sure not letting the ball hit you in the face would be classed an advantage by most people...

I have not seen the incident... but I have heard that if he wanted to play on, he could have turned that into a potential scoring situation? if so, handling the ball would obviously be a disadvantageous thing to do. Unless you are Maradona.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

And . Not bad. Not bad at all.

Man Utd 5 - 3 Blackburn Biggrin woop
Go Tevez!...and Nani Smile

The city match was insane, although the second yellow card HAD to be given, even though he didn't mean to use his hands. The ref. was just abiding by the rules.
I missed the Blachburn match, but glad they won Biggrin

#Glory, glory Man Utd!!

Smile

i always think of arsenal as baddies and man u as goodies LOL

Noor wrote:

Finally - a sign that there is some good in you!

You wrote:
Noor wrote:

Finally - a sign that there is some good in you!

lolz.and same to you Smile ... u do untd rite?

Salam

Whats the difference between a dildo and a Man United fan.

Man United fan is the real dick.

Omrow

PLEASE refrain from using such language on this site.

if u have nothing positive/constructive to add, y do u bother commenting?!

This "Power of silence" does not know the power of humour.

Omrow wrote:
This "Power of silence" does not know the power of humour.

Seriously though, let alone in connection to Manchester United fans, I cannot believe you've brought up those two words in a joke that wasn't even funny - and I asked someone who does have a sense of humour. I know you like playing with your boundaries so I'll not say any more.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Ok ppl calm down. Omrow isnt the first person this forum to not asterisk out his swearing so its wrong to penalise him for it. And Omrow could you please asterisk out your swearing.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Ok ppl calm down. Omrow isnt the first person this forum to not asterisk out his swearing so its wrong to penalise him for it. And Omrow could you please asterisk out your swearing.

What does asterisking actually do? Does it mean that we won't be subjected to the horrible bad words?

If your going to swear, at least swear properly! True greatness comes in being able to express yourself without having to resort to rude words (whether they are asterisked or not).

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:

What does asterisking actually do? Does it mean that we won't be subjected to the horrible bad words?

If your going to swear, at least swear properly! True greatness comes in being able to express yourself without having to resort to rude words (whether they are asterisked or not).

Swearing is wrong full stop. However, the temptation for some ppl is just too much. Aster inking out the swearing is the lesser of 2 evils if you like.
If some of you are going to penalise one person for swearing then its only fair the same rule should be applied to ALL members on this forum (i dont believe in preferential treatment nor do i give a crap about which level of the hierarchy you belong to). Now who would like to fess up to this so the power of silence can say to them what she said to Omrow.

Posted by an anonymous user on the chatroom/tribune today at 3.35 A.M.

Quote:
and do shitty degrees

and an angle is an angle.

Pages