Are You A Morning Person?

175 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sometimes these days niqab will not limit fitnah, so it is not the solution.

Its an option available to women, and some feel more comfortable with it than without it.

However that is not universal.

These days if a woman is doing hijab, sh is left alone. If wearing niqab there are more questions.

So the argumnet of fitnah is arguably reversed.

All IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Sometimes these days niqab will not limit fitnah, so it is not the solution.

Its an option available to women, and some feel more comfortable with it than without it.

However that is not universal.

These days if a woman is doing hijab, sh is left alone. If wearing niqab there are more questions.

So the argumnet of fitnah is arguably reversed.

All IMO.

i disagree. wot do u mean by 'there are more questions'? 'questions' is not the same as fitnah. if one knows the reasoning behind the niqab, they are doing it of their own choice, etc then answering any questions about it would be easy, and welcome in fact. fitnah nowadays is more to do with zina - all chances of this are taken away when a woman wears niqab (once again: of her own choice).

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I think what he means is that in our society Niqab attracts attention….to a certain extent this defeats the objective.

However, yes wearing the Niqab should be encouraged for a woman who is very beautiful and feels that wearing it would reduce Fitna, but like you said it should be her own choice.

I misused the word fitnah.

Niqab is optional, and if some sister wears it, I am all for it. She is probably a very is a pious person, as i can see is not an easy step.

If fitnah means zina, I do not see any more or less protection in Niqab than just Hijab. Maybe i am wrong (knowing me, I probably am!).

My point was people accept hijab. Everyone. Even alot of non-muslims.

Unfortunately even some muslims question the niqab. In some circumstans it can lead to heated arguments with the wearer called backwards. this is an insult for the wearer who has gone out of her way to practice islam.

Non-muslims will question both, but the Niqab more. however this can be a positive, as it can be used to explain islam, and the sister can sho she is still there, and can participate in society.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Mr Admin do ur job by STICKING to the topic

lead by example

if u wanna discuss Niqab then start a new topic

anyways-what is it about Ramadan and extra sleep?

After sehri I got up at 10.30!! and my lazy brother was up after 11

I had only 4 hrs sleep 2day and had to be in work for 9am, today was very very testin had a sore head and now i just want to read namaz and sleep Sad

I wish getin up for sehri was easier

"angel" wrote:
I had only 4 hrs sleep 2day and had to be in work for 9am, today was very very testin had a sore head and now i just want to read namaz and sleep Sad

I wish getin up for sehri was easier

its a killer gettin up for sehri

i rate chirpy mums-the way they cook and go up the stairs so many times just to get the lazy men outta the bed

for me its hard work just getting outta bed and eating my sehri :oops:

my sisters started work -she's always knacked too

i just go to uni (lecture starts at 9) and I cant hack the day...

I still haven't got the hang of getin up for sehri, it seems mum wakes me up 10 times and i still dont hear!!

today i literally woke up 15 mins b4 the fast was goin to close, i am soo lazy its unbelievable.

Is there any dua or somethin that one can read to get rid of lazyness? :?

its not that hard really, jus remember y ur wakin up in the 1st place....
if dat doesnt work then set ur alarm clock on loud n put it far away frm ur bed.... then ul get up jus to turn it off!

"There was always time,
But You Left It All Behind....... " -> AdeelAkhtar.co.uk

try.......

GOIN SLEEP ON TIME!!! :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

lol, ye das an idea but what times 'on time'? :?

"There was always time,
But You Left It All Behind....... " -> AdeelAkhtar.co.uk

"angel" wrote:
I still haven't got the hang of getin up for sehri, it seems mum wakes me up 10 times and i still dont hear!!

today i literally woke up 15 mins b4 the fast was goin to close, i am soo lazy its unbelievable.

same problem here

i always get up 15/20 min before sehri ends

nope-i dont think there is a dua for lazyness

u can always seek refuge from it tho

and hayDUH going to sleep earlier is not the answer-i can go sleep at 10 and still find it hard to wake up for sehri

Maybe we need something like this.

[img]

Abdulla Orabi, the dawn awakener, or Al Musaharati in Arabic, strikes his drum to wake people in the early hours of the day as he walks through old alleys in Damascus October 9, 2005. Orabi's task is to wake people up for their last meal before fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Al Musaharati is an old profession on its way to extinction as people nowadays use the alarm clock.

[url= News Photos[/url]

and

[url= News Photos [/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

same problem here

i always get up 15/20 min before sehri ends

nope-i dont think there is a dua for lazyness

u can always seek refuge from it tho

and hayDUH going to sleep earlier is not the answer-i can go sleep at 10 and still find it hard to wake up for sehri

Yep my problem too even if i sleep early (rarely) i still cannot get up and tweedleduh irf made that so called clever suggestion however the suggestion he has made now is better, how much do u think it would cost to get that guy to stand outside my house beatin the drum to wake me up?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

I’m not a morning person….I never have been. I sort of “wake up” at night…..if I ever need to work on something I start in the evening cos that’s when I’m most focused and full of energy.

I’ve always struggled to get out of bed before 9.00….and if I am out of bed before nine I’m half asleep….(unlike mum I’m not a chirpy early bird)

Fajr prayer is the most important prayer of the day.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) tells us that fajr Salaah along with Isha Salaah is particularly rich in blessings….

"If people only knew what blessings are in the fajr and Isha prayer, they would come to them, even if they had to crawl." (Bukhari and Muslim)

I find it SO hard to get up for Fajr, I’m up on most days but I’m always sleepy…and as soon as I’ve read Fajr I get back into bed without even bothering to pack the prayer mat away…. :oops: (I’ve heard that one really shouldn’t go back to sleep after Fajr)

If Fajr is say at 5.00 then I set my alarm clock for 4.30…cos I always spend 30 mins snoozing and thinking about getting out of bed.

Apparently back in the day people didn’t even need alarm clocks cos they would automatically wake up at Fajr/Tahajid time…those people had spiritual alarm clocks built in them...

Allah (swt) loves people those who deprive their sides from their beds, resist sleep (which the body loves) and rise for prayer, for the sincere sake of earning the pleasure of Allah (swt).

Someone once asked Hadrat Aisha (raa) about the most amazing thing she observed about the Holy Prophet (saw). She said “Everything about him was incredible. But I will say this, when the veiling of the night came, and when every lover went to his lover, he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) went to be with his Lord”.

Too much sleep hardens our hearts…we’re programmed to believe that we need our “beauty sleep” and must get at least 6/8 hors of sleep every night…yet the likes of the Great Imam Abu Hanifah was known to read his Fajr prayer with his Isha wudhu for 40 years continuously…How come many of us are weak when it comes to missing our precious sleep?

Any tips on how to be more fresh and alert at Fajr time?

I heard that the way one behaves during the day plays a strong part in this…. A man once told a righteous man “I am unable to maintain night worship, prescribe a remedy for me”. The righteous man said “Do not disobey Him during the day and He will keep you up between His hands at night”....Is our lack of Iman the reason why we struggle with Fajr?

What’s your Fajr situation like?

Wasalaam

im prob worse then all of you put together,when i was at bording school i had a teacher who literally dragged me out of bed and deposited me in the bathroom so i could do my wudhu,sometimes i use to run back to my room and get into bed,she use to have to come and get me out again :oops:
now im abit better, i'll prob press the snooze botten a thousand times on my alarm clock b4 i wake up
and my lil sister who is a year younger then me somehow manages to get me out of bed every morning for fajr and college or id prob sleep through out the whole day!

Actions speak louder than words!

"angel" wrote:

your not the only one angel i do the same,its nice to know im not the only bad sleeper around Smile

lol kuri, that reminds me of the amount of lectures u got at school for not waking up for fajar lolllllllllll.

"angel" wrote:

Yeh it'd b nice if there is a dua.

Tell me bout it, 2day was my 3rd time that i had 2 keep my fast wid water Sad coz i woke up 5mins b4

Even though ive been sleepin downstairs since Ramadhaan started i still find it really hard. Being the only keepin a fast i hav no1 to wake me up.

Has any1 gt a really gud tip?..... coz keepin sehri wid water aint that easy either, im alwayz drained after dinner.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

if you asked anyone who knows me they'd tell you i'm the worst morning person around if i had my way i'd get up at dinner time everyday in fact thats my ambition to sleep in every day -

this isnt a tip but i never miss sehri cos i know i have to cook for others so i'm so frightened of missing it my body clock just wakes me up 5 min before the alarm and i'm wide awake

the trouble starts when i go back to bed and cant get up for 8am

normal times i can hardly ever get up for fajar

so i have no tips just frighten yourself and keep a strong will and promise yourself you MUST get up for sehri you MUST no messing and keep the alarm clock next to your ear that might help

"seema*" wrote:

so i have no tips just frighten yourself and keep a strong will and promise yourself you MUST get up for sehri you MUST no messing and keep the alarm clock next to your ear that might help

Thanx for that!

I pray b4 i go 2 bed dat i wake up in da mornin, hopin i do.

N an alarm clock is nothin 2 me, i bought a special alarm which talks n screams really loud stil it dnt wrk sumtimes like 2day Sad

I keep my alarm away 4rm me otherwise ill switch it off n go bk 2 bed. I keep my dwnstairs front room door open so i feel cold in mornin n get up, use a really thin chadr so that i hav 2 get up but still i hav a problem. :?

ive ran out of ideas n was really annoyed dis mornin so i thought of askin u guyz Sad

you lot love your sleep tooooooo much!!!

i knw every1 likes a lil lie in now n then, but what the......!!!

the nafs wants to sleep and eat all the time, the soul wants spiritual food and sleepless nights - spent in ibadah of course

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

by the way, im also sleepin dowsntairs away from my comfy bed in a slightly cold room..........i thawt it helps!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
you lot love your sleep tooooooo much!!!

i knw every1 likes a lil lie in now n then, but what the......!!!

the nafs wants to sleep and eat all the time, the soul wants spiritual food and sleepless nights - spent in ibadah of course

Well the prob is dat if i no im goin sumwere in mornin or im excited my eyes just open up. I really find it weird sumtimes coz wen im sayin to myself "i wnna wake up, i shuld get up, i hav 2 get up" i neva do :oops:

I luv stayin awake at nite but the latest time i can stay i wake wen im hme is till 2am or 3am, if theres a special prog n im at mosque i can stay awake all nite till fajr n after, even if i hav slept 4 few hours the day b4.

Ok record breaker for me, today i woke up 5 mins b4 the fast closed and literally stuffed food down my gob ( its bad i knw but i need food to keep me goin at uni and wrk :oops: )

Salam

I love mornings.

Its the best time to drink some wine.

With the rising star, drown in thy cup
Tis what sleepers dream all night

Omrow

i love night times

its the best time in the day

and i LOVE my lie ins-

I'm very irritable if I'm woken up early

Thats because you're a furry little creature.

"Omrow" wrote:
Thats because you're a furry little creature.

not its cos I'm a lazy girl :roll:

but being a mouse-its not surprising that u like getting up early in the morning

my mate couple of years ago had mice in her house

she told me that the only scurry around early morning-when everyone is asleep

"naj" wrote:
lol kuri, that reminds me of the amount of lectures u got at school for not waking up for fajar lolllllllllll.

tell me bout it naj,when hajjy apa came round we laughed over it,but the amount of nafils we had to do!!! :roll: :roll:

I'm ok about waking up for fajr/sehri etc when i have to

its morning time when I sleep in

most mornings mums gone out, sister/brother in school/dad in work, other sisters gone work so the house is SO quiet

when the house is so quiet I usually sleep in till 11

unless a phone call or the door bell wakes me up :evil:

Pages