Distinctive Beauty - Embracing Your Physical Individuality

62 posts / 0 new
Last post

Went to a spa once where they tried that.

I determined spas are not my thing.

It was pretty much Roman hedonism at its finest.

I'd love to go to a spa one day.

When I start earning my own money...I'm going to spend a lot of time in such places.

Floatation tanks! Mmmmm......

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"MuslimSister" wrote:

When I start earning my own money...I'm going to spend a lot of time in such places.

My girlfriend is obsessed with them.

I stand by my earlier judgement. People walking around half naked being touched and rubbed by strangers.

They are the modern remains of Heracleum.

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I stand by my earlier judgement. People walking around half naked being touched and rubbed by strangers.

ewww!! :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

You're a sensible girl!

There is nothing good about spas.

They aren't even relaxing because most of the time you are worried about how indecent it is to be walking about in a towel.

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

You're a sensible girl!

There is nothing good about spas.

They aren't even relaxing because most of the time you are worried about how indecent it is to be walking about in a towel.

They are quite unsavoury places. MuslimSis, if you want to get pampered, just go to a good womens-only salon - they do all the good facials and hair treatments and stuff - and you don't have to walk around with a bath-robe on.

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

lol... i dont think its actually necessary to walk around in a towel dave. Im not too comfortable having strange people in my personal space let alone let them touch me.

I will however admit that when i was on holiday i did get one of those head massages... absolutely fantastic. And it didnt involve me walking around in no towel, and it was done by a guy so i wasnt too worried about it... ofcourse it was done in a totally masculine way...

Back in BLACK

I love Indian head massages... although, I tend to get it done within the family anyway - lots of women in our family. I apparently give really good facial massages as well.

Just realised, isn't it ironic that I started this thread to dissuade people from focusing so much on the physical beauty...

"Aphrodite" wrote:
I love Indian head massages... although, I tend to get it done within the family anyway - lots of women in our family. I apparently give really good facial massages as well.

Just realised, isn't it ironic that I started this thread to dissuade people from focusing so much on the physical beauty...

yeah but head massages dont count... they dont make you look any better than you started... heck your hairs a more of a mess than when you walking in there.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

yeah but head massages dont count... they dont make you look any better than you started... heck your hairs a more of a mess than when you walking in there.

Then you're going to the wrong places... because my salon fixes my hair up after Lol And it does make you look better... everyone looks better when they're less stressed and calm. But again, that's the inner beauty thing Smile

the spa in our town is womens only

VERY posh and VERY expensive

no girl would want to go to a mixed one

"Seraph" wrote:
... ofcourse it was done in a totally masculine way...

a masculine massage?

u sure? Wink

Methinks the posh and expensive part is why women like them so damn much.

"Constantine" wrote:
Methinks the posh and expensive part is why women like them so damn much.

Not really...women like them cos every women likes to be pampered and likes to feel special...

Yea... I sorta gathered that.

Too bad pampering and specialness costs so bloody much.

I had a full body wax on saturday- it was very painful.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Salaams,
I'm sorry but what a bunch of sad'o whats happening to you lot! I bet they dont have eating disorders, weight problems self image problems in Africa or poor parts of Asia its a western disease. Come snap out of it we will all end up in the same place anyhow. Yes, we should look after ourselves but dont become to VAIN.. and discontented.

whats wrong with a full body wax?

Salaams, there is one thing having it done and another informing everyone. Thats whats wrong so big deal you had a body wax what do you want 'congratulations'

yes, it was VERY painful.

Congratulations Judda! Go girl! khadijah, what the hell is your problem?

not as painfull as dying of starvation the money you spent on Your vainity could have fed a few families But I guess you wont understand perhaps, when ur older and wiser.

"100" wrote:
Congratulations Judda! Go girl!

I IS A BOY :evil:

khadijah, thanks for the link to a really great charity that helps starving people.

Just kidding Judda! Sorry! I've got a mate a bit like you, we're very nasty to each other in the name of good fun. Over the years I've probably been nastier, I can outwit him and most people seem to have found me funny although maybe in their heads they were thinking, what a ****, so I apologised the last time I saw him (he lives in LA now), but he said he was never offended, always knew I'm just plain nasty like that. He still looks like jailbait.

"100" wrote:
Congratulations Judda! Go girl! khadijah, what the hell is your problem?

maybe she amongst other members on this forum doesn't want to know bout judda's full body wax..

why?

Yeah but angel, it was in the context of a light discussion. The complaint was not that Judda was OT, but that he was not busy helping the poor, which is a silly, personal gripe and not even remotely a call to help the poor with this or that project.

khadijah i ALWAYS give money to charity.

But at the same time I take pride in my appreance.

I don't want to look like a gorilla!

U must look like a right hairy monkey if u don't wax!

judas leave your private stuff private.

We don't wanna hear about your waxing, or anything similar.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages