Distinctive Beauty - Embracing Your Physical Individuality

February 11, 2005

The mirror can be a friend and the mirror can be a foe. Few people are willing to accept that their physical individuality is something amazing rather than something to be ashamed of. But like the individual beauty of a single flower placed in a bouquet, each of us, no matter what we look like, contributes to the beauty of humanity and enhances the world.

Though society often emphasizes physical conformity, regardless of what your height or weight may be, you have legs that carry you, arms that hug, lips with which to kiss, and eyes that express a range of emotions. Your body is your perfect home and the ultimate expression of your inner beauty, and is naturally and individual as your personality. You may see your body as a collection of flaws, but more often than not, it is the so-called flaw that provides the counterpoint that creates a vision of beauty. The old adage is true: If we all looked alike, then much of the appeal of the visual world would be lost. For a variety of reasons, mainstream culture asks us to view our physical selves negatively and with a strict eye toward improvement. But in confronting assumptions about our bodies as well as how those assumptions were shaped over time, it becomes possible to accept that true beauty is more than a shape, a size, a color, or a standard. It is when we stop comparing ourselves to others that we can recognize the true miracle which is the beauty of each and every human body as a whole, without reverting to any erroneous ideal.

The briefest glance through a crowd reveals a wondrous variety of real people. William Shakespeare wrote: “The boughs of no two trees ever have the same arrangement. Nature always produces individuals.” The physical presence of each person on earth fills a unique void and adds a complexity that would be lacking were we all copies spilled from a single mold. With this in mind, take another look in the mirror and make the effort to love what you see.

Real beauty comes from within....

to me a cheerful smile and a bubbly personality is far more beautiful then the classical beauty of having high cheekbones, big eyes, flawless complexion and fuller lips.

but nobody sees things as the way u described them honey....

these days ya gotta look every inch perfect or they is gonna take the piss out of u....

in my sis mags i see pictures of pretty girls like paris hilton and j.lo and if they ever have a small spot they highlight it so much. They give u close up pictures and write a pargraph over something as rediculous as that....BUT THATS WHAT SELLS-and its not even entertaining :roll:

I once saw my sister looking at a brouchure about breast implants :shock: well she's not religios but my dad will kill her, she covered it up by saying it was "junk mail" and she only wanted to see how much they "ripped ppl off".... Hmmmmmm there was a rumour going round saying that she wore 3 padded bra's to make her self look bigger.... well i is not gonna look in her wardrobe and I have no idea y i is talking about my sisters bossoms....

My mum uses butt cream under her eyes coz they make the fine lines go away....

There is this model who uses horse poo on her hair to make it soft....

I nicked my sister body lotion and used most of it up... it was very expensive... she accused my other sister of stealing it... i is never gonna tell her it was me... she'll think i'm gay.... once i used baby oil to make my skin soft... if women can get away with it y can't men?

I is also useing my sister makeup to cover up my bruises... I once nabbed her concealer and covered up a spot on my nose....

I want a body like wrestler Batista, he looks dead cool man....

If u look at girls in FHM, Nuts and any other mens magazines the women just look unreal and they look too slutty, and ordinary girls try to be like that.... WHY?

My sister used to suffer from annarexia and bulimia and no1 knew about it.... once i accidently walked into her bedroom when she was getting changed and she was so thin her ribs were sticking out as and as a joke I said "whens the baby due?" [ Lol ] and the idiot took it litrally and she went so bloody ill she ended up in hospital... then when she came out she tricked every body by eating food, it turned out she was on the "negative calory diet" thats what ever u eat has more callories to consume then it actully gives u i.e. an apple has 60 calories but a 100 calories to consume. Then she went back in hospital and she had to see the phyciatrist, she is now better- but my mum and dad are still really angry with me...

I don't know y girls go crazy when u make a comment about thier appearence....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:

I don't know y girls go crazy when u make a comment about thier appearence....

Not everyone of dem :roll:

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Judda: after everything you have done, you accuse women of being vain?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

They are vein :roll:

I'm not vein :x

Salam

"Aphrodite" wrote:
Few people are willing to accept that their physical individuality is something amazing rather than something to be ashamed of...

If you have been eating chips and choclates all your life, and now you have become a fat
ugly cow, then I think you SHOULD be ashamed of yourself.

God gave you a body to lookafter, and you have turned into an eye sore.

Look at yourself in the mirror. You're a gluttonous disgrace.

Shame on you.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Aphrodite" wrote:
Few people are willing to accept that their physical individuality is something amazing rather than something to be ashamed of...

If you have been eating chips and choclates all your life, and now you have become a fat

Look at yourself in the mirror. You're a gluttonous disgrace.

Shame on you.

Omrow

I don't think the article means harm you caused by your own hand, Omrow; it's more to do with those who just have a poor self image - perhaps they compare themselves to so-and-so actress/actor/pop star/model etc. and find themselves falling short of what they feel are the criteria for aesthetic acceptability.

Everyone has beauty. And the most physically stunning people can become rather unsightly if they are not decent people inside. Don't be so shallow.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Aphrodite" wrote:

my PE teacher said men burn calories much faster then women. It kinda explains y i can eat 10 plates of chips and not put NE wieght on and my sis survives of 3 grapes a day.

"Judda" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Aphrodite" wrote:

my PE teacher said men burn calories much faster then women. It kinda explains y i can eat 10 plates of chips and not put NE wieght on and my sis survives of 3 grapes a day.

And when you're 30 your metabolism will hit rock-bottom, you'll have oily hair and a complexion that resembles ladu and she'll have skin like a peach, have the energy and look of someone ten years younger Lol Lol

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

ya know if u were a jilbab u can acutualy 'conceal' the flab....

one of my sisters wheres a niqab (i call it the ninja outfit), she is flabby but u can't tell that much.... one of my sister wheres western clothes she is slim.... the only thing she ever eats is salads-BORING, she never even touches chocolate or eats takeaway food, how crap is that?

i bet u survive on 3 grapes a day....

"Judda" wrote:

i bet u survive on 3 grapes a day....

No. I just had an apple and two strawberries just now.

I survive on three grapes a day and occasional burnt couscous but I'm damn good looking. I am more outer-beautiful and inner-beautiful than Juddah, Omrow or Admin any day. The secret is secret, say what you like.

"100" wrote:
I survive on three grapes a day and occasional burnt couscous but I'm damn good looking. I am more outer-beautiful and inner-beautiful than Juddah, Omrow or Admin any day. The secret is secret, say what you like.

I commend you for being brave enough to consume cous-cous - in any state. Stuff's gross; must be good for you.

"100" wrote:

plastic surgery? :roll:

Metabolism plays a strong part in what you guys are discussing.

Some people can over-eat and hardly put on weight. Others can live on three grapes a day and still easily put on weight.

some fat ppl can look gud too

what about [deleted]?

.....or is i the only one that thinks she is pretty?

That's most certainly all you

why?

she is okay innit?

she looked good on pop idol innit?

Shes all yours Judda.

I hope you two are very happy together.

will u be best man?

...or is it a bit too soon?.... i dont wanna break her heart tho....

Of course.

You all know how I am about weddings

I'll be the imam if there's cake involved.

"Constantine" wrote:

I'll be the imam if there's cake involved.

There might not be any left after she's been at it.

yeah thats a good idea, u can be the imam, my imam is not talking to me, infact none of them in town are, i don't like cake very much, i prefer chocolate gateaux if ur still interested?

so who's gonna be best man? *[i]ahem[/i]* Ed, Ad, mod?

NOT FUNNY :x

My mate just got engaged and called me to be his... usher.

Cray 2

I'm already best.

And no, Judda, it ain't plastic surgery. :? Maybe its a Zionist thing. Wink

"100" wrote:
My mate just got engaged and called me to be his... usher.

Smack.

lol so basically you get to stand around and greet people.

Think of it this way - at least there is cake involved.

I guess. Thanks for the consolation.

whats a Zionist?

why was michelles name deleted Ed?

Good question. My comment was in jest, since in my personal conversations with Muslims recently all manner of unfair advantages have been ascribed to Jews and Zionists, but I apologise for carrying it over here. To maintain the integrity of this thread about inner beauty I will post my answer to the Alif-Aleph thread.

hands up if u have used cucumber on ur eyes?

(and ur a boy)

Pages