Hadrat Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab: the reviver of Najd

163 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Medievalist" wrote:
Some people will come out with lies about Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab, just as people before made lies against him.

It should be noted by those who note that a number of the rulings of Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab are not entirely new, he followed Imam Ahmad bin Hambal in some issues, Imam ibn Taymiyyah in other issues, Imam Dawud az-Zahiri and the Zahiriyyah in others.

MashaALLAH Shaykh might have had some erroneous beliefs but they were not as erroneous as the ones who built domes over graves, the ones who directly asked the inmates of the graves for sons and camels. His beliefs may have been unique but it was better than the belief of those women who broke of twigs from 'holy' trees and tied them around the stomach, he atleast prevented the graves from becoming mosques and the inmates from becoming gods other than ALLAH. Atleast he prevented the people from doing sajdah on the graves, go to pakistan and you still see the people doing sajdah on the graves of ALLAH Wali. Atleast he demolished the shrines at Makkah Mukarramah and Madinah Munawwarah and made the graves level and desolate as they are meant to be.

muhammas bin abdul wahab had massive dodgy beliefs which went against the majority of the classical scholars. like i said befoe every scholar is against shirk, worshipping graves, callingling on to other than allah....this was nothing new by abdul wahhab. BIG DIFFFERENCE was he created new rulings on doctrine and because of HIM alot of the classical scholars, most ppl today and ppl till the end of time will be called mushriks and biddatis. he has created a fitna that will last till ever. medieval praises him, subhanallah. when a man rejects the views of majority of classical scholars he is a misguided man. its a shame some people dont see this when it is so clear. Call him a reformer but you're not fooling anyone.

Asalamualaikum!

I aint going 2 say much coz yesterday i was already tryin 2 calm dwn the other thread plus wen i saw the name of the thread i new it wuld just go on n on.

But i hav 2 agree wid Admin bout the tawassul been clasified as shirk n also tassawuf. Topics dat we shuld take notice on n learn 4rm.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"angel" wrote:
From what i have heard about this guy, he killed many muslims in the name of "shirk" and bulldozed many mosques and resting places of ihle-bait...his own father wasnt in agreement of his beliefs!

yep

he bombed makkah

killled thousands-in the name of "shirk and biddah"

bulldozed mosques

i can see why the extremists would see him a a great man :roll:

Like I said before I dont believe in all the things that Hadrat Shaykh preached. I havent mentioned tawassul and its permissibility. That was done by another.

I am with the majority on the correct form of tawassul.

Regarding bulldozing mosques. Mosques built purposefully on the graves of Awliya are not msoques they are temples dedicated to the Saint. A mosque next to or near a saints grave is not wrong. But building temples over the graves of the Pious is an innovation.

1. Hadyer bro I go to darbar but I behave there in exactly the same way as how I behave at my local graveyard. Make dua for the deceased and leave, no kissing of the grave, no doing sajdah, no passing magical stones over my body or getting swatted by large brushes for some hallucinated blessing. I behave at these so-called darbars just as I behave at a normal grave. Stand normally, give salam, make dua and leave.

2. No I dont do milad parties.

3. who is Abdul ibn Wahab

a lot of lies have been spread about Shaykh, a clear example is that many who hate him and call him vabi (wahhabi) dont even know his name. For the record:

Shaykh MUHAMMAD IBN ABDULWAHHAB

Abdul ibn Wahhab isnt even a name and doesnt mean anything other than jibberish.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:
I don't agree with Abdul Wahhab's methods or beliefs. He took them out of context. He was responsible for killing many muslims, and even attacked the holy city of Makkah.

I don't claim to be an expert, so i refer you to the following link

the scholar has included some good books on this subject at the end of his answer.

Masud.co.uk seems to be down at the moment but i know they have extensive articles on the salafi movement, if you wish to know more.

i totally agree with you sister

"Medievalist" wrote:
Like I said before I dont believe in all the things that Hadrat Shaykh preached. I havent mentioned tawassul and its permissibility. That was done by another.

I am with the majority on the correct form of tawassul.

Regarding bulldozing mosques. Mosques built purposefully on the graves of Awliya are not msoques they are temples dedicated to the Saint. A mosque next to or near a saints grave is not wrong. But building temples over the graves of the Pious is an innovation.

1. Hadyer bro I go to darbar but I behave there in exactly the same way as how I behave at my local graveyard. Make dua for the deceased and leave, no kissing of the grave, no doing sajdah, no passing magical stones over my body or getting swatted by large brushes for some hallucinated blessing. I behave at these so-called darbars just as I behave at a normal grave. Stand normally, give salam, make dua and leave.

2. No I dont do milad parties.

3. who is Abdul ibn Wahab

a lot of lies have been spread about Shaykh, a clear example is that many who hate him and call him vabi (wahhabi) dont even know his name. For the record:

Shaykh MUHAMMAD IBN ABDULWAHHAB

Abdul ibn Wahhab isnt even a name and doesnt mean anything other than jibberish.

[b]1. Hadyer bro I go to darbar but I behave there in exactly the same way as how I behave at my local graveyard. Make dua for the deceased and leave, no kissing of the grave, no doing sajdah, no passing magical stones over my body or getting swatted by large brushes for some hallucinated blessing. I behave at these so-called darbars just as I behave at a normal grave. Stand normally, give salam, make dua and leave. [/b]

thats what majority of muslims do, but according to muhammad bin abdul wahhab that would be [b]shirk! [/b]to go to a tomb and say O allah for the sake of this pious man forgive my sin....the classical scholars have said it is totally allowed - but muhammad bin abdul wahhab said its shirk!!!!!

[b]A mosque next to or near a saints grave is not wrong. [/b]
thats what most people or mosques do, a few dont but majority do.

[b]the biggest damage of muhammad bin abdul wahaab is that he has accused most muslims in teh world untill end of time of commiting shirk and also of bidah which as i said before was not done by the classical scholars.[/b]

OH ALLAH for the sake of Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab grant me a true aqeedah and fill my heart with tawheed and for the sake of Shakh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab protect me from taking the Holy Saints as gods and protect me from taking the graves as places of worship.

ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
OH ALLAH for the sake of Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab grant me a true aqeedah and fill my heart with tawheed and for the sake of Shakh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab protect me from taking the Holy Saints as gods and protect me from taking the graves as places of worship.

ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

umm if wahab najdi doenst believe in tawussal why are you sayin may Allah grant you true aqeedah for wahab najdi's sake? Wahab najdi woudnt be too happy bout that!

"angel" wrote:
"Medievalist" wrote:

ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

umm if wahab najdi doenst believe in tawussal why are you sayin may Allah grant you true aqeedah for wahab najdi's sake? Wahab najdi woudnt be too happy bout that!

Lol

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

sahih Bukhari
Volume 2, Book 17, Number 147

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
(The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan."

Wahab najdi caused so much damge to islam by claimin many things to be shirk and bidah which is damagin the ummah 2day and leavin many confused. The above hadith says it all.

"angel" wrote:
sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
(The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan."

Wahab najdi caused so much damge to islam by claimin many things to be shirk and bidah which is damagin the ummah 2day and leavin many confused. The above hadith says it all.

What does that hadith actually mean, someone mention to me that the hadith was related too a incident during the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and it is being misused in relation to the current state.

I personally don't know anything about Abdul Wahab, but the follower I met of his have been cool and they claim to follow Imam Hanbal thinking and focus completely with the Quran and Sunnah. But too be honest, one thing I didn't like about the way people look at Abdul Wahab is that, whenever I have ask some question about him, people will direct me to Masud a anti Wahhabi website or article or book against them, too be honest I never really appreciated this, because it like me asking someone about sufism and they leading me too all the anti sufism site, I wouldn't accept that, so I don't know why many do for other group of thinking. Also don't know why people will want to focus on the negative of someone esle, when we have more then enough negative about ourselves to deal with first.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

What does that hadith actually mean, someone mention to me that the hadith was related too a incident during the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and it is being misused in relation to the current state.

it means that nothing positive can ever come from that place

the place lacks any blessings or benefits

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

it means that nothing positive can ever come from that place

the place lacks any blessings or benefits

So all people from there are destined for no good, that included the people before Abdul wahhab and after. Doesn't sound too good IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

So all people from there are destined for no good, that included the people before Abdul wahhab and after. Doesn't sound too good IMO.

thats not what I meant :roll:

it means that corruption and problems will come from THERE

"yuit" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

If it was to do with the incident in the time of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) why did he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) the future tense " there' will appear"?

"angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

If it was to do with the incident in the time of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) why did he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) the future tense " there' will appear"?

Yeah, but at the same time that hadith could mean anything. I found this definition on this website, please have a read.

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

Yeah, but at the same time that hadith could mean anything. I found this definition on this website, please have a read.

I wouldn't trust anything on that site too much.

Have a look at 'From Dhikir to Kufr the Sufi way'.

Apparently 'Jalal-uddin al-Rumi (d. 1273), an infamous Sufi philosopher' beleived in Darwin's theory of evolution. Lol

Though LilSis and Angel shouldn't put their own spin on this hadith. Do you two have any scholarly commentaries on this hadith.

"irfghan" wrote:

Though LilSis and Angel shouldn't put their own spin on this hadith. Do you two have any scholarly commentaries on this hadith.

dont assume stuff

LAST week (sunday) my Islamic teacher a SCHOLAR was talkingabout this hadith

I'd contribute more to this discussion but I wasnt taking notes-I've only stated what I can remember

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

dont assume stuff

LAST week (sunday) my Islamic teacher a SCHOLAR was talkingabout this hadith

I'd contribute more to this discussion but I wasnt taking notes-I've only stated what I can remember

That's OK then. Biggrin

"irfghan" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

I wouldn't trust anything on that site too much.

Have a look at 'From Dhikir to Kufr the Sufi way'.

Apparently 'Jalal-uddin al-Rumi (d. 1273), an infamous Sufi philosopher' beleived in Darwin's theory of evolution. Lol

Yeah, I was just showing how hard it is too really understand the hadith. I especially find it hard too understand the one that don't make sense. It so easy to spin any hadith too suit a certain postion, I seen the anti muslims site are especially good at it.

[url=http//

I think it best for people not to start discussing ahadeeth is this disrespectful manner with every zayd amr and bakr providing his own ''interpretation'' or ''understanding''.

Lol. Some people here confess to certain neglections of most basic islamic obligations and yet they find the courage to start doing an explanation of ahadeeth. I wonder why Imam Bukhari spent so many years learning ahadeeth and their contexts, could have just heard it, learnt it half baked and given his own understanding.

People be aware. Putting our own interpretations on either the Quran or Ahadeeth is a major sign of arrogance, may ALLAH preserve us. Better to spend a few years studying at the feet of scholars rather than thinking you qualified to speak about hadeeth when you only sit by ulama and listen to their speeches.

This knowledge is not so light that half baked attempts will make one an Allamah. A pious man once said: ''Ilm does not give over even a portion of itself to a person until he gives his entire self over to ilm.''

I must again stress the destruction lies in us unqualified sinners making our own interpretations on ahadeeth mubarak.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Can anybody tell me what Abdul Wahab actually preached?

I just got the feeling he was a fundamentalist reformer - not necessarily militant

Yes you could describe him as a fundamental reformer, depending on who is describing him.

According to some sections he was a hater of the Prophet, denier of Saints, an illiterate with harsh beliefs which reflected his desert life. He was a type of anti-christ to some, he preached things like we should go and put rubbish on pious peoples graves etc. This is the view according to some.

According to others he was a strict monotheist who sometimes erred on the side of caution to prevent polytheistic and superstitious acts becoming common place. According to some he demolished shrines built to honour Saints, he cut down trees that were thought to be 'holy' or 'blessed' According to some he was a strong opponent of religoius innovation taking root in society.

A third set of people exist. For him he is purely and simply the ultimate reformer who purified the arab people from their innovations.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Muslimbrother1" wrote:
I kno that I would prefer wahabis over innovating brailwis

Loooooooooooooool. UH OH! Muslimbrother your in trouble now.

the people on this forum wont like that!

hahahahah,

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

lol, all my family are brailwis. When I was in pakistan my relatives kept taking me to darbars to ask dua from dead saints, i was like what the hell?
this is definately sum weird innovation or shirk. I dont agree with their leader Ahmed raza khan, he called anyone who didnt agree with him a Kaffir even if they were muslims. He also says that Muhammed pbuh is still alive or sumthin, and can go anywhere he likes. Thats clearly a false belief.

erm actually Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam IS alive in His grave, as are the other Prophets, the Martyrs and the Saints.

and making dua for the inmates of the grave is a very good act, like you said asking the dead for things is not on.

I didnt want to comment on ahmad reza but its interesting how people are worried that Shaykh Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab declared people kafir but they dont find it worrying how anyone who didnt agree with ahmad reza was immediately branded a wahhabi kafir. lol double standards at their best.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Who says the prophet pbuh is still alive in his grave. In what sense is he still alive? have u got any concrete evidence to say that he is? Abu Bakr radiallah ahno himself refered to the quran when the Prophet pbuh passed away and said "Whosoever worshipped Muhammed, know that he is dead. But he who worships Allah know that he is alive and never dies"

Pages