Gold diggers

46 posts / 0 new
Last post

You wrote:

PS - on the last occasion, the two people were already married before accepting Islam. First the wife accepted Islam, and moved to madinah. later, the husband accepted Islam and she accepted his acceptance of Islam as her Mahr. [b]Not sure if it applies in the normal case [/b](I did mention this earlier).

hmmm hard to tell.

This might sound like a really stupid question but whats the difference between a blog and a thread? well apart of the obvious that one is called a blog and the other a thread. To me there is no difference to what is discussed in a blog or a thread.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Lol at the video...but to be honest. Whilst money isnt the be all and end all...and def can not buy happiness, I believe that it can contribute to ones happiness.

For example, with money one can eat out, wear nice clothes, buy expensive make up, get professionally done up - this helps ones self esteem, they can afford to go on nice holidays, they can drive to places instead of use public transport (which is very depressing)...

I work in a very deprieved area..I have kids telling me that they cant go their school trips cos their parents cant afford the trip money (even when its as little as £2), I have kids who wont come swimming cos they cant afford their swim suit etc

I think money plays a significant role in life.

Quote:
Guy Ritchie will receive at least £49 million in his divorce settlement with Madonna.

The pop queen and the film director were granted a divorce last month, and some reports at the time claimed that Ritchie was walking away without a penny of Madonna's fortune, estimated at £300 million.

However, Madonna's spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg said Guy would receive between 76 and 92 million dollars (£49 to £60 million) in cash and property which included the couple's country retreat Ashcombe House in Wiltshire.

The singer's US representative said the couple's west London pub - the Punchbowl - would also remain with the RocknRolla filmmaker.

Their multi-million pound settlement is about twice the amount Sir Paul McCartney paid to Heather Mills.

"I'd assume it's one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement," Rosenberg said.

She added that custodial arrangements for the couple's children had yet to be finalised.

Madonna and Guy have two children, Rocco, eight, and David Banda, three, who was adopted from Malawi in 2006. The singer has a 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes, from a previous relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon.

The couple's marriage began as a fairytale wedding at the romantic Skibo Castle in the Highlands of Scotland.

But it came to an end with a "quickie divorce" at the Principal Registry of the Family Division in High Holborn, London.

Gold Digger!

The guy has his own money. Why is he getting a single penny of hers?

IMO there should not an exchange of a single penny.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Because i think she makes more than him and in a divorce settlement (which is out of court me thinks) everything is divided equally.

Money is only divided equally if they earned it equally.

Also, if one contributed to the others' success e.g. if a man has a successful career while his wife stays at home looking after the kids etc. If they split up, the lady can say A) the man wouldn't've been able to build his career without her help and Dirol the kids are used to a certain standard of living.

BUT...

Where was Guy Ritchie when Madonna released 'Holiday' or 'Material Girl'?

He only married her after she made loadsamoney.

Same with Heather Mills. She didn't write Yesterday.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

Also, if one contributed to the others' success e.g. if a man has a successful career while his wife stays at home looking after the kids etc. If they split up, the lady can say A) the man wouldn't've been able to build his career without her help and Dirol the kids are used to a certain standard of living.

Second bit i remember from my undergrad but the first bit about equal division. The whole point of an out of court settlement i though was to come to an amicable agreement which could mean they spilt everything down the middle (they dont have to in which case the aggrieved party takes other person to court). If they end up in court chances are that one could get more than the other. You probs know better then me as you have seen it in practice.

Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Second bit i remember from my undergrad but the first bit about equal division. The whole point of an out of court settlement i though was to come to an amicable agreement which could mean they spilt everything down the middle (they dont have to in which case the aggrieved party takes other person to court). If they end up in court chances are that one could get more than the other. You probs know better then me as you have seen it in practice.

I haven't. My firm was WAY too posh to deal with anything like divorce settlements!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Naz wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

I haven't. My firm was WAY too posh to deal with anything like divorce settlements!

T thought getting a divorce or being a divorcee WAS/IS posh :?

for some people, mood swings and fashion can be devastating (with all caps and bold)

Getting a divorce is expensive (more expensive then getting married). I think thats why a lot of people dont marry.

That may be a big part of it, but another part of it is that a lot of people are atheists and marriage is a religious concept...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

So what about civil ceremony marriages (not civil partnerships).

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

No idea.

Pages