Muslim girl crowned "Miss England"

Now HERE'S a subject for topical discussion.

Taken from.... [url=

Student is first Muslim crowned Miss England
By Frances Booth
(Filed: 05/09/2005)

An 18-year-old student who was born in Uzbekistan has become the first Muslim to be crowned Miss England.

Hammasa Kohistani, who has divided the Islamic community, beat 39 other competitors in a two-day final at Liverpool's Olympia Theatre.

She was crowned Miss England on Saturday night and will travel to China for the final in December, when she could win £55,000.

Miss Kohistani, of Uxbridge, west London, said: "I'm making history and I'm very happy. Hopefully I won't be the last Muslim girl to take home the title."

Before the Miss England final Islamic leaders in the North-West urged all four Muslim entrants to withdraw from the contest as they would be compromising the teachings of the Koran by showing naked flesh.

Miss Kohistani said in response to the criticism: "I don't think I have done anything wrong. I have the utmost respect for the strong beliefs of the religious leaders."

However, she said other people also had the right to their own views and she hoped people would respect her for her decisions.

During the contest the girls took part in a fashion show, in which they modelled sportswear and evening gowns. Each contestant also gave a performance of singing or dancing.

Miss Kohistani, known in the contest as Miss Maya after the Asian fashion house that sponsored her, said her family was proud of her.

"As long as they're happy, then my conscience is clear that I have done nothing wrong," she said.

Miss Kohistani has 11 GCSEs at grade A* to C, and speaks six languages including Russian, Persian and French. She is now studying to take A-levels and hopes to go to university to do a degree in advertising.

She was born in Tashkent, central Uzbekistan, after her parents were forced to flee Afghanistan, and moved to England at the age of nine.

Miss Kohistani has now been offered a part in a Bollywood movie.

She said after the contest: "Hopefully I can bring the Miss World title home with me."

So, what are anybody's views on this?

Indeed she is.

I suspect she will be exploited to the fullest capacity.

Never liked beauty pagents... it's an excuse for the forces of consumerism, superficiality and excess to come together and throw a party.

It's the modern kouros statue

If i say she looks pretty im sure half u guys would jump on me and say im pervn so im not gonna bother to look at her pick.

Beauty pagents... ive always thought them to be a little demeaning and perhaps as Dave said 'exploitative' but do we really hav the power to stop girls from doing such things?

If some1 is determined to do something, will anything any1else says matter much? When it comes down to it, does the apple fall far from the tree??

And in superman2 wat is it with the story with that celophane 'S' that superman ripps of his chest and throws at the bad guy??

Back in BLACK

Salam

Seraph. Its ok. Have a look. You are incorruptible.

Moreover, you are known as a good judge in the matters of aestheticism.

She is extremely good looking. Though not more than Heidi.

Omrow

I should have added that I am not in a position to judge. I'm sure i've zigged where I was supposed to zag hundreds if not thousands of times by now.

It's her life.

oh how ABSOLUTELY wonderfull!! I cannot contain my excitement.

IDEA!

Revival is voice of muslim youth rite? Can I suggest you interview Our beloved Miss England so she can inspire young revival readers. Put in a few of her poses aswell, I m sure that would be inspirational as well.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I don't think that's the kind of "inspiration" they are looking for

"Medievalist" wrote:
oh how ABSOLUTELY wonderfull!! I cannot contain my excitement.

IDEA!

Revival is voice of muslim youth rite? Can I suggest you interview Our beloved Miss England so she can inspire young revival readers. Put in a few of her poses aswell, I m sure that would be inspirational as well.

This kind of liberal pushing-Islam-beyond-its-limits kind of talk is no good.

You Deobandis are very corrupted. Coming on here telling us to loose our values... it's not on.

Telling us to eat Halwa and worship graves. You guys are seriously messed up.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

"irfghan" wrote:
This kind of liberal

Yall are learning!

I've made my mark.

I'm so proud

what u talking abot bro?

we dont wanna be rigid and narrowminded. Think how much dawah she is doing tellin the world that she is a muslim and has eqal rights with men.

man u need to get with the timse and not preach an old islam that was ok for the desert or for the village. we living in a global village dude. we gotta move with the times, think how gud she is for dawah. men are interested in womens bodies, its gud that she is prostituting heself, thereby gettin men interested in islam and she proabably make more muslims than those funny women with burqas and chadors!

loads of english men now gonna think that yeh these muslims are alright, she probably change islams image in uk. plus she is integrating and not being cultural. i think its great.

Yeh miss england!

better she become miss world then the whole worlds men will be interested in her and in islam. maybe she can convert the men at the competitions? i KNOW this is so great.

Those funny women wit burqas are damaging islam and being seperatist. what do they know abt islam? she got islam in her heart innit so its all ok that she is dressed as a harlot. I am chuffed.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
chuffed.

Oh come on - when you are gonna throw british words around like that you gotta give me a definition.

It's not like I am saying things like "mosquito hawk" ya know.

chuffed my american friend means well-pleased.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
what u talking abot bro?

we dont wanna be rigid and narrowminded. Think how much dawah she is doing tellin the world that she is a muslim and has eqal rights with men.

man u need to get with the timse and not preach an old islam that was ok for the desert or for the village. we living in a global village dude. we gotta move with the times, think how gud she is for dawah. men are interested in womens bodies, its gud that she is prostituting heself, thereby gettin men interested in islam and she proabably make more muslims than those funny women with burqas and chadors!

loads of english men now gonna think that yeh these muslims are alright, she probably change islams image in uk. plus she is integrating and not being cultural. i think its great.

Yeh miss england!

better she become miss world then the whole worlds men will be interested in her and in islam. maybe she can convert the men at the competitions? i KNOW this is so great.

Those funny women wit burqas are damaging islam and being seperatist. what do they know abt islam? she got islam in her heart innit so its all ok that she is dressed as a harlot. I am chuffed.

Save your breath, or rather your fingertips.

No-one here has said anything positive about this girl.

No-one has even mentioned this kind of 'dawah' at all.

You are letting your prejudices get you carried away.

what prejudices?

im just saying how good she is.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Very True Medieval bro....no need for such Sarcy, We at the Revival do not promote such things Dirol

1stly - she aint all that

why must she say shes a muslim? why highlight that point? shes representing herself, not her religion. No Qualms if she wants to enter to please herself, but why include is all in it. STupid WOman!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Medievalist" wrote:
what prejudices?

im just saying how good she is.

You are making this kind of counter-joke because you think people on the forum are all for this kind of stuff. Well you are wrong!

Its all about publicity.

If they said some bimbo won, would we be having this discussion?

The only reasn we are is coz she was advertsing her religion as part of her personality.

We have been captured by the evil forces of marketing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

u cant judge me. u dont knw whats in my heart.

my heart is clean, mere dil saaf hai. who r u to judge me? if i say things my hearts clean, doesnt matter what i say on my tongue or if i caht up sistas in dawah sessions cos my hearts clean.

Lol
this IS fun.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Funnily Enoug..she wernt the fav to win

It was this other Muslim girl....mentioned in my No Topic post

either way....they purposely picked a muslim woman to kick up the controversy. im sure there were better looking contestants....otherwise standards have dropped!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

You sound like that drunk in The Simpsons!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
Funnily Enoug..she wernt the fav to win

It was this other Muslim girl....mentioned in my No Topic post

either way....they purposely picked a muslim woman to kick up the controversy. im sure there were better looking contestants....otherwise standards have dropped!

obviously they did cuz they could have easily dropped the muslim in her title but when it comes down to islam the religon of the person nin question has to be mentioned its like a must just to kick up fuss.

you know what would be REALLY funny?

. . .

if she suddenly has a religous experience and starts wearing a burqa. then she can go to the next stage dressed completely in black, gliding past the other contestants, a shadow of black and virtue. then they ask her to do whatever they do and she just stands there walking up and down and when she has to speak she starts talking abd hell-fire and brimstones!! Hahaha THAT would be hilarious- qns would it also be poetic justice? im not sure what poetic justice is and where it is applied so would the above be poetic justice?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with your opinion here

lol!

That would be absolutely perfect!

"Dave" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with your opinion here

Seen better :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

idea!

if u revival ppl want to do something REALLY constructive baout this issue. Make dua that ALLAH showrers guidance and wisdom on Miss England, and grant her such immense courage and guidance that she wears a burqa and goes to next stage dressed like that. Now THAT would be DAWAH and a Headliner.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
u cant judge me. u dont knw whats in my heart.

my heart is clean, mere dil saaf hai. who r u to judge me? if i say things my hearts clean, doesnt matter what i say on my tongue or if i caht up sistas in dawah sessions cos my hearts clean.

Lol
this IS fun.

I'm not judging. I am merely making an assertion on the basis of what I have read of your posts.

BTW Your heart can't be too clean if you're chatting up sisters in dawah! Sort yourself out.

"Medievalist" wrote:
you know what would be REALLY funny?

. . .

if she suddenly has a religous experience and starts wearing a burqa. then she can go to the next stage dressed completely in black, gliding past the other contestants, a shadow of black and virtue. then they ask her to do whatever they do and she just stands there walking up and down and when she has to speak she starts talking abd hell-fire and brimstones!! Hahaha THAT would be hilarious- qns would it also be poetic justice? im not sure what poetic justice is and where it is applied so would the above be poetic justice?

lol as Jon Stewart would say

"Awwkwaaard"

Pages