Ziauddin Sardar - BBC2 Tonight

47 posts / 0 new
Last post

No there two, because another one can not fall into any caterogry, I try but it ain't possible. I was working it out all night and there only room for two caterogry :evil:

It can also be said that these modernist who have been around for a lot longer then the miltants one are the one who fuel them. That what I got from watching the road to 9/11.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
No there two, because another one can not fall into any caterogry, I try but it ain't possible. I was working it out all night and there only room for two caterogry :evil:

Lol ur sleepless night was in vain then Wink

normally when I spent the night awake with my sister-we usually have a piece of written work complete and answers to some of the more profound questions that trouble mankind today by the morning Dirol

Islam has

1-Extremist (ones who are in the news/one who u see advocated forced marraiges/the ones wh you'll see in triabl parts of pakistan-they IGNORE major islamic teachings

2-Ordinary Muslims (be they HT, salafi, Minhaji, tablighi, etc etc etc)-try to live life as good muslims-some stronger then others

3-The modern ones-who like u said try to appease the west-the "coconut"

I still prefer my list. :roll:

Because it can be said that the extreme one you talk about can actually fit into my first caterogry, they used islam to fit into their life, which mean they advocate force marriage and the rest, where there is obviously no room for it in islam. While the second group are inspire by Allah swt himself. The rest look at dunya and see what they can get and pick the bit of islam that fits in. So it look like I didn't waste a night sleep after all. Dirol

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

gotta agree with LilSis on this 1. defo the 3

Most normal people fit in number 2 - the moderate muslims

Islam is always the middle line, neither too rigid nor to lenient. doesnt permit you to enjoy life, nor does it allow you to forget the akhira.

the 'extreme' (must be careful with that word, used too loosely lately) really do my head in......for the life of me, i cant understand em :evil:

and the coco's.......May Allah SWT guide them - they get too much coverage, as do the extreme ones!!

put Revival on UK TV.....show em what Islams really about Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Yeah Revival should do a event or a Tv show on Islam channel or something. It shoudl be the next step after they cemented the set up for the magazine

But I think that the extreme one that lilsis talks about defintely fall into my list about the people who follow dunya rather then deen. Because they obviously ain't using islam and rather looking to keep their power by the system they been brough up in by any mean necesaary so they fall into teh same caterogry as these modern muslims but the only difference is that they look at everything in a backward way instead.

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

The one who let their life dicate how Islam should be.

The other who allow islam to dictate their life.

gotta agree wit yuit, within the context of how one should lead their life, there's only two.

you either let islam change the way you live,

or

or you change islam to suit the way you're already living.

extremists can fall into either category - it really depends on wether they have mis-understood the text, or if the public have misunderstood them.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"yuit" wrote:
Yeah Revival should do a event or a Tv show on Islam channel or something. It shoudl be the next step after they cemented the set up for the magazine

we have been in talks with Bridges TV and Raj TV...after ramadhan inshallah, we will get something going
in ramadhaan we will doing talk shows in several radio stations.

Islam channel dont seem to be too organised, but will be good to do a show on there.

we have had some experience on mainstream TV and hope to get more established there soon inshallah.

Bridges TV and Raj TV?

never heard of em!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
Bridges TV and Raj TV?

never heard of em!!

One is to be launched soon, one was launched last month
both on SKY

which one is launched? i'll go check it now

but like most channels...wont work on my dodgy box Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
which one is launched? i'll go check it now

but like most channels...wont work on my dodgy box Lol

raj tv launched last month

"salaf" wrote:
I don't understand why Turkey is always held up as an example for the rest of the muslim world.

The military is the ultimate power in the land, it experiences terrorism from various ideologies, the Kurdish area of the country is very unstable plus there is an enormous amount of violence towards women even more so than some more religious places like Ache in Indonesia or west Africa.

Notice how people like Sardar are all for adapting Islam but never question modernism's effect on the environment or on the proliferation of WMD around the world. These are the real issues. Whether muslim men have one or two wives is pretty irrelevant to the course of history.

In my opinion this concept of Tolerance as it is advocated is really more about not questioning secularism rather than being tolerant.

salaf...do u think turkey shuld join the EU?

if it does, wouldnt the extreme secularism and militarism be downgraded, and more religious freedoms allowed?

like women allowed to ware headscarf in parliament/university etc

id say turkey has alot more to offer the muslim world than the corrupt, backward, poverty suffering dustbowls of arabia and pakistan...

after all the ottomans had the greatest of all the muslim empires, till they became corrupt...

so attaturk may have been a tryant, but he rescued turkey from the mess the sultans left it it...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Quote:
salaf...do u think turkey shuld join the EU?

if it does, wouldnt the extreme secularism and militarism be downgraded, and more religious freedoms allowed?

like women allowed to ware headscarf in parliament/university etc

id say turkey has alot more to offer the muslim world than the corrupt, backward, poverty suffering dustbowls of arabia and pakistan...

after all the ottomans had the greatest of all the muslim empires, till they became corrupt...

so attaturk may have been a tryant, but he rescued turkey from the mess the sultans left it it...

On the issue of Turkey joining the EU I don't have an opinion. I don't think it will make a difference to the conditions inside the country whether it joins or not.

i agree with muslimsislilsis if it were not for extremist measures on one side of the scale then there would be no need for extremism on the other end

the middle way has always been the islamic motto and in that middle way there is room for brilliant scientists to brilliant artists -todays what we call 'modern' would pale into insignificance if only Islamic scholars reached their potentials

there is no room or reason for the religion to change, only we as muslims need to trust its teaching more and act upon them which means becoming better in fields such as science and technology etc

we all know this but still millions are looking to modernise Islam - there is really no limit to human stupidity and hunger for the dollar

come of it salaf!

u must hav an opinion...dont gimmie all that....

do u think it would be of benefit to turkish ppl, muslims in general, and the rest of the world, or not?...

bloody hell!

dont u think that a progressive, prosperous, well educated (in islamic as well as scientific, mathematic, philosophical, historical, moral knowledge etc etc areas) muslim society would be a great benefit to this world?

the ottoman empire used to be at the front of the world in these areas...

dont u think a muslim perspective would be able to temper the excess of the modern world?

cos christians aint offering much at the mo...surly only turkey is capable of this...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

do u think it would be of benefit to turkish ppl, muslims in general, and the rest of the world, or not?...

Quote:
I'm no expert on the European Union but from what I've read Turkey is more likely to be a burden on the other countries because of its poverty and higher birth rates. I don't know what the basis of that belief is though. I think thats got more to do with why many don't want it in rather then it being a muslim country.

Quote:
dont u think that a progressive, prosperous, well educated (in islamic as well as scientific, mathematic, philosophical, historical, moral knowledge etc etc areas) muslim society would be a great benefit to this world?

Thats a large question but I don't see what that has to do with Turkey joining the EU. Like I said the move will more likely disadvantage the other EU countries than help Turkey in any significant way.

Quote:
the ottoman empire used to be at the front of the world in these areas...

That was really more the Abbassid/Ummayyed caliphates.

Science as a tool of conquest has only really emerged in the past three centuries. Remember, barbarians used to be able to conquer advanced civilizations.

I'm not saying the Ottomans didn't have any of that. However the prime factors of their success were being tough warriors, controling a large portion of the Med coast, decentralisation (e.g. allowing semi-autonomous muslim and christian principalities) and not being a race based empire.

Quote:
dont u think a muslim perspective would be able to temper the excess of the modern world?

The excesses of the modern world aren't the result of a lack of advice from religious quarters. People don't care. Thats the problem. Its not because of ignorance.

Quote:
cos christians aint offering much at the mo...surly only turkey is capable of this...

Turkey is mostly secular so I doubt it would make any difference.

Pages