You've changed things around here...

Phwoar! I can definitely positively say this site is an absolute beaut!

EDIT - I have changed the title from "Oh, you look so beautiful tonight..." to "You've changed things around here..." since 'Ed thought the original title was too suggestive of other things.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I have not added most users to the correct user groups yet.

(Only Editorial team is fully done. Some other users are, but not all.)

Very good. You'll want some time to sort things out, I know, but a couple of immediate thoughts: Am I able to adjust my user settings? Can I post directly without previewin' it? And are you going to sort the url out so it just says therevival.co.uk instead of onlinehome-server.info?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Why did you write an utter tard?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Its excellent, only thing I don't like is where it tells you how long ago a post was made, but not the actual time and date. Is this changable in preferences? If not it's no biggy, but I'm just annoyed because its highlighting my total lack of mental arithmatic skills.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Changed comments settings to not require previewing comments.

I can change the "posted since" to "posted on" but it is a little tough, so it will wait. I personally prefer it this way though - no more need to look at the date/time, look at current date/time and decide, oh that was 4 days ago.

The url will eventually go to the proper one, but this way was quicker and had less chances of things going wrong.

I was originally keep this in parallel, but then thought better of it - no need of losing posts made on the old forums. I still need to sort out some redirects. And smileys.

oh and before I forget, 29% of y'all have no soul.

One question - in the primary menu at the top, there is a link to "My Inbox". Should I replace it with a link to "My Account"? That page shows more options, along with allowing you to go to your inbox...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"One question - in the primary menu at the top, there is a link to "My Inbox". Should I replace it with a link to "My Account"? That page shows more options, along with allowing you to go to your inbox..."

No. Have 'My Inbox' and also 'Preferences' which covers other things.

Also we can't quote, use smileys, and generally tamper to our hearts content. Is this only because it hasn't been set up yet, or will it always be like this?

One last thing. When you click on a thread it goes strait to the first page and then you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and then click on the last page. Can't you make it go directly to the most recent post/top of the last page when directly clicking on the thread? I clicked on the 'No Topic' and got excited cos I thought Dave was back, then realised he was contacting me from the future (or something like that).

How do I 'mark all as unread'? Do I have to click on all the 100s of post so it doesn't keep saying they're new?

Yes, I know I'm being impatient, nit-picking and whiney...That is my purpose.

smileys will arrive in due time.

heh, the mark as read issue will need to be looked into - phpBB did not do that properly, there are tons of "unread" topics after conversion. There will be something soon.

This is Dillon MacCheese.

The image 'Captcha' is hard to make out, but I think anonymous posting will be really good overall.

BTW, I've been reading the forum for a little while, and Ya'qub really is like some sort of hero to me now.

Can I have an autographed photo?

I have made the captcha easier.

Oh, and for those wondering (or not) I now have two accounts - "You" as in me. and "Admin" for more adminy purposes - this also allows me to throw more strops as I will have a fallback account Biggrin

And can some of you please add an avatar?

I want feedback on everything.

How hard was it to log in/post/see posts/see PM's/digging out sunglasses in winter/anything else.

Also, if you were member for a group on the old forums, but cannot see the relevant forum now, or on the other hand, can see too much :shock: let me know.

Smileys should be arriving shortly.

I am thinking of adding a "webmonkeys" group where additional features can be discussed thought out before adding. If you are willing to throw opinions around AND may have some technical input, let me know.

hmmm this is going to take a little getting used to.

But theres just one teeny tiny problem.

You cant jump to the last post on a particular thread without going to its first page.

Oh wheres the post formating thingy i.e. changing colour of font, size etc etc...

Theres just one other problem... the website has disappeared. Type in the url and it takes you to the home page for the forums.

Back in BLACK

Quote:
Theres just one other problem... the website has disappeared. Type in the url and it takes you to the home page for the forums.

A temporary glitch. all the stuff is still there. replace the revival bit of the URL with what we have now and you will still get there.

A bit of a shock lol... but it looks good!

But I don't know how to quote... not fair.

And also I don't like the way the very 1st post in a thread appears at the top of every page on that thread.

I too don't like the way it says when the last post was, I much prefer the old way.

Erm and it's a lot quicker.

How much space do we have in our in/out boxes in our PM's. Is there a way of monitoring it at all?

Also when replying to a post it only shows that last post, when before it showed a good few previous posts... I think that was better.

Well its not finished yet sis. Give the man a break.

He's still working on it.
You can use the quote tags... until Admin can sort that out.

Back in BLACK

OK, I have a problem that you should find easy to change!

You know how a thread is highlighted blue if there are new posts?

Well, its too pale and I only just realised they were highlighted at all and its very difficult to make out. To be honest, although my eyes were open they might have just as well've been closed.

Try it with a darker shade of blue. Or a whiter shade of pale.

And that Funzo guy, what a legend!

Irfan (AKA funzo) are you being sad and posting praise about yourself?!

ADMIN - I hate anonymous posting!!

What are you on about?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

add me to the guys section please.

Unlimited PM's. (There is a topic about this on the Tech board - more details of what it will be like when everything works.)

I will add a quote button real soon. as a matter of fact I was actually working on it earlier, before I got disturbed by Real Life.

@irfan: done.

If there is a similar case with anyone else with regards to membership of a group, let me know.

@Ya'qub: what highlight?

@Imaani: glad someone has noticed the speed!

Jazakallakhair may allah best you with all sucess.

ive still not been added to the guys section.

and the speed is great.

wers the smileys?

Back in BLACK

Looks great.

But the text is too feint. Needs to be darker.

testing
testing
testing
testing

testing
testing
testing

Aarrggh!

This is soo annoying.

I'm gonna take a break and come back after a few days.

@You - good job anyway.

Salaam

It looks good. Good like a white tiger.

I use IE and have a big grey section on the right. Maybe you could use that space to make the posts wider. Also in the 'poster' box, it looks a bit cramped. Maybe you could make "Member since" and "Last activity" a smaller size?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

admin, why does it say You twice? and that avatar so does not suit you.

Pages