You've changed things around here...

228 posts / 0 new
Last post

asalamu alaykum

Wheres the smilies?

Hmmm, it needs something more.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Am logged in multiple times... smileys will be here soon... just need to get the code right. Same with the quote button. And highlighting new posts better.

Not sure why the PM's are not working... they should be, but are not. I am having other people look at it too.

@ Dawud - can you post a pic of the grey area? is the page just narrower? The old template WAS a little wider, this is more of a standard size, but it should not cause too much difference.

should now work properly and not show "". will now redirect to therevival.eu.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

woh crikey what happened here?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

The orange is nice, apart from that everything else seems so pale, boring like its going to fade away in the background.

IMO the background seems far to light it needs to be more bolder.

sorry Admin if I hurt your feelings, but the whole thing looks rather cheap and tacky IMO.

bUT as I love the revival I can make do with it Smile

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

No hurt feelings - I need honest opinions. Otherwise we will have a piece of turd with everyone afraid to tell me so.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I quite like it, got used to the change pretty fast. If there's too much glaring white space, maybe just try some light grey dotted lines between posts, topics etc and make the default font a tiny bit darker. But it will be a [i]lot[/i] more user friendly when we can jump straight into the last page of comments. Apart from that, some bb code buttons would save time (and make sure the new links open in a new window, atm I'm having to use html for that with [code]target="0"[/code]). I would say at this stage user-friendly tweaks are more important than design modifications.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

This is so kool...brilliant stuff admin!

btw is there anything new to come on the site???

Rocky

Loads of stuff.

Call this stage baby steps - makign a strong foundation. After that, I am planning =on makiing this site better than every other Muslim site out there - out feature everyone and try to keep a better look than them aswell.

Coming soon: blogs. Everyone gets a blog. The bits after that i want to keep as a surprise.

If you have any ideas you think would be good, let me know. There is a chance I have not thought of everything.

Admin, do you think you could put a link at the bottom which goes back to main forum?

At the moment, once you have read the posts, you have to scroll all the way to the top of the page just to go back to the main page.

Not cool...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

oki dokis...so hw lng will it b b4 everything is done??? meanin hw long b4 da magazines r back on da site etc...

Rocky

Very soon - I am currently on my lazy period drinking some tea, thinking about all the possibilities, dream of world domination...

you can still access the old layout through

If any page fails, make sure it has the word static in the url...

haha lol...nah ill w8 4 d new layout Blum 3

Rocky

How come im not on the guys section anymore?

Yes you are...

hmmmmm... its ok.. SHOCKED ME soo bad when i first came on

but i cant aces revival 4rm skul.. it ses summat like online.344 or summat lyk dat which is annoying

tuk me a while 2 suss things owt...

i like the orange - it luks funky

well done admin!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Smile

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

1 more thing: u know on the main page - it says latest comments - is there any way the person who commented can be written there? Xx x

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

I am thinking of swapping the blues and the oranges around - make the side bars blue, post background orange.

good idea or absolute crack?

Absolute Crackers.

The colour scheme is good but its not BOLD enough. Colours are too faded... dont like it being this bright... hurts my eyes.

Back in BLACK

ok.

If you got any ideas about colours, and are using firefox 2, install the web developer toolbar. That will allow you to changes the css in real time. If you find a good change, save the css, or let me know in some way what changes you made. (PM's should be working now).

I have other things to do atm - massive task list to get things sorted.

Ok come on, who thought it would be funny to add an avatar to my username.

How do I remove my avatar? coz I can only find how to change it.

PS. how comes I was able to vote (in the above poll) many times?

He understands, he just doesn't comprehend.

Back in BLACK

I have now made some changes:

1. Made the sidebar background darker. Still not happy with it.

2. New comments have a "new" written in them. I think the colour may clash on some monitors with the background blue. does it? any better ideas?

3. Changed the background blue for something very similar. Does it hurt the eyes? the old blue did not on my properly calibrated monitor - but I know it did on others.

4. made the main body text darker in the comments.

5. Y'all got blogs. Currently these are separate, but i can make it so that blog posts are part of the forums. Good idea? bad? I think it is best to keep the actual blogs separate.

For each of these I need to know whether they are better, worse, or just a step sideways.

It has also been suggested to me that I should get rid of the orange titles. Agree? Disagree? (those who do not want to hurt my feelings - you are safe. I have no feelings.)

ftr, I really hate all this colour matching stuff. I ain't got no knack for it at all.

@those waiting for features such as smileys, topic pagination on the listings etc etc, they are planned. Just there is a lot of work to do.

Leave the Orange!!
i like it.. it luks different Biggrin

i like the pale blue...

the "new" clashes on my screen - cant u make it purple instead lol?

overall admin - i think u done a great job - well done

Leave the Orange!! wrote:
Leave the Orange!!

That answers exactly none of the questions. Blum 3 (but the other bit about the colour of "new" did)

Is the new orange better than the old orange? or no real difference?

And which orange should I leave? All of it? the header? the titles? the sidebars?

Quote:
That answers exactly none of the questions. Blum 3 (but the other bit about the colour of "new" did)

Is the new orange better than the old orange? or no real difference?

And which orange should I leave? All of it? the header? the titles? the sidebars?

When You takes off his glasses, he becomes Admin. He is truly a master of disguise.

sorry! lol.. ermm i like all the orangez.. the headers, sidebar lol.. it stands owt..
this orange is way better than the old orange..

Could you try swapping one of the oranges with the blue?

So the top logo stays the same (it's REALLY good btw), and the heading for "Ya'qub", "Private Messages", "Poll", "Reply to Comment" etc change to blue, and the main comments have and orange background.

I'm really, really tired, so I'm not sure how to write that in a clearer way!

And no, I'm not getting an add-on to Firefox so I can show you what I mean. It's running really slowly as it is (the program, not the website).

Bah! I need some sleeeeep.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

heh, I had been thinking the exact same thing about swapping colours!

PS I am using the nightlies to the next version of Firefox. Not many plugins compatible with it yet (not even the web developer toolbar...) but it is just so much nicer/faster that the Firefox 2.x series. Just has a few bugs you have to put up with.

admin, add me 2 the guys section plz

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

done.

Pages