General Questions

421 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
You may delete my change, aswell as the message.

In the future, should I alter or delete?

y do u hav to delete the whole message - cant u just delete the offensive part and leave an '[b]edit:...[/b]' message at the bottom of the post so tht the person is aware of it? (isnt that wot u usually do?)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Omrow" wrote:
Can you please tell me as to how many posts have you been altering

I do not keep count.

However I try to always leave an editted by admin at the bottom. I have ocasionaly not and that was bad of me.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
done.

Med, I did not correct her, as the post preceding it was by me, and I had stated them all. She probably posted at the same time, and forgot.

yep..your right

Admin here is a question for you!

Q: you know meat is cut in a certain way to be halal to eat, fish is meat how come that does not have to be cut in a certain way to be halal to eat?

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

coz it was born 'zabeeh' (slaughtered. does not need to be slaughtered).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
coz it was born 'zabeeh' (slaughtered. does not need to be slaughtered).

Could you expand on that please!

Your damn right!

Quote:
Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him eternal peace) said: “Two types of dead meat and two types of blood have been made lawful for our consumption: The two dead meats are: fish and locust, and the two types of blood are: liver and spleen.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, Musnad Ahmad and Sunan Ibn Majah)

Quote:
Sayyiduna Jabir ibn Abd Allah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “What the sea throws up and is left by the tide you may eat, but what dies in the sea and floats you must not eat.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, no: 3809 & Sunan Ibn Majah)

Thanks Admin that really clear things up!! Biggrin

Your damn right!

Salam

"Admin" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:
Can you please tell me as to how many posts have you been altering

I do not keep count.

However I try to always leave an editted by admin at the bottom. I have ocasionaly not and that was bad of me.

You asked me whether I wanted my posts edited or deleted.

I did reply to you earlier.

Please do not edit them. Just delete them if they upset you.

Thank you.

Omrow

They rarely upset me.

I am not easily upset. Same cannot be said about others.

I will delete instead of editing from now on. can the other mods do the same 'til Omrow changes his mind.

delete the full post. (Omrow if you wantt we can just delete the phrases... but you want full deletion.)

[b]EDIT: Will do. But Omrow will rant and rave about 'missing' posts. ---- Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

"Admin" wrote:
They rarely upset me.

I am not easily upset. Same cannot be said about others.

I will delete instead of editing from now on. can the other mods do the same 'til Omrow changes his mind.

delete the full post. (Omrow if you wantt we can just delete the phrases... but you want full deletion.)

[b]EDIT: Will do. But Omrow will rant and rave about 'missing' posts. ---- Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

i think we need a whole new thread dedicated to 'Moderating Problems'. :? y cant u guys just edit the offensive phrase/line out like [b][blank][/b]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Omrow does not want that.

He wants his whole post to be deleted...

Salam

At last. Admin has understood.

Thank you Boss.

Omrow

Why is it that during Jamaat in mosque, lets say Jummah for example, that after the 2 Farz, everyone splits up and usually walks away from the place they were? We stand shoulder to shoulder during the 2 Farz but why not during the 4 Sunnat, 2 Sunnat and 2 Nafl too??

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Why is it that during Jamaat in mosque, lets say Jummah for example, that after the 2 Farz, everyone splits up and usually walks away from the place they were? We stand shoulder to shoulder during the 2 Farz but why not during the 4 Sunnat, 2 Sunnat and 2 Nafl too??

its not about 'splitting up' but more about 'swapping places' whilst remaining shoulder-to-shoulder (if u want). this is from a sunnah of the Prophet (s.a.w), after leading the salaah he would swap places with a sahabi behind him. all imaams do this as u may have noticed, but members of the congregation may choose to implement this sunnah as well.

plz correct me if i'm wrong ppl.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:

You are not supposed to resemble the jama'ah after it is finished. You are supposed to break up the lines abit.

Is keeping a beard farz or sunnah? I have heard different things from different people. Any quote from the hadith coz I havent read anything so far in the Qur'an about it.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

how do i get to put a picture i want on the side of my choice from the images in google,i tried by copy and pasting the http:// in the place but it doesnt seem to work Cray 2

in profile go down to avatar, and put the image url in.

Make sure the url is for the image, and not for the page it was on.

downoad it, resize it, upload it on imaeshack, tinypic or something similar, then add the link.

Is anyone here familiar with the legal history of "Common Lands" or "the Commons"

I just bought a sandwich from one of the school student unions - and on the back of said sandwich it has a date "1-22-06"

Now i'm concerned... I don't know if it's the expiration date or the date it was made...

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I just bought a sandwich from one of the school student unions - and on the back of said sandwich it has a date "1-22-06"

Now i'm concerned... I don't know if it's the expiration date or the date it was made...

its probably the expiry date... :twisted:

but even so - big deal! its not as if its gonna go mouldy a day after its expiry date (it was refrigerated right?) Lol

"Don Karnage" wrote:

No need to worry.

If it's dodgy it'll take care of itself.

Pages