I Give Up!!!!!

42 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Seraph" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
SERENITY NOW!

either its a little late and im tired and thats why i dont get it or

im generally going with the response of "huh?"

Its ok goin with the famous words :roll: " we wouldnt think "little" of you if you didnt get it!

Asalamualaikum!

hehe.... Lol U guyz man alwayz in2 jokes.

Anyway bk 2 the topic...jazak'Allah khair sis MuslimSisLilSis, angel n de rest of the sisters n brothers.

Like MuslimSisLilSis sed bout "cultural" n "too modern" its exactly de same thing wid my family too. They'd rather hav me dressed all up in make up n english/asian clothes rather than b in modern state islamically.

My cuzin goez 2 me the other day "ur extremist coz 1st u started wearin the hijaab, then u started wearin a modest dress (jurbah/burkah) n then the niqab". I go wats so extremist bout dat, is it becoz i am tryin 2 plz Allah (swt) n try 2 follow wat the holy Qur'an is tellin me plus the sunnat of the holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) daughters.

After dat no onswer waz given Biggrin

Sumtimes u can shut em up especially if dey r a few years older then u but wen it cums 2 aunties, grandmas, uncles etc dats anotha story.

Most extremist thing bout my family/rellies is the organization wen it cums 2 my uncles, n im pretty sure most of u will understand.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Salaam

Last night a massive Miraj programme was taking place in the Mosque I go to.

I knew it would start kinda late 9.30/10.00 and would finish between 11.00-2.00 or even later.

And whilst I’m allowed to go to programmes, my dad has always had an issue about late night stuff…. he doesn’t realise that Islam is not a 9-5 thing.

Mira’j took place at night so it only makes sense that a Miraj programme would take place at night too.

Dad said I couldn’t go….he really infuriates me sometimes- he goes it wouldn’t “look good if his daughter was ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night”…..why Earth wouldn’t it look good? Would I be ringing my doorbell at 1/2.00 in the morning after spending the night dancing in nightclubs or out with guys?........Did I say that? Nope, of course I didn’t, I stayed quiet as usual.

I stayed in my bedroom for a while contemplating whether I should just go anyway…..and just quietly listen to the massive lecture that I’d most prob receive when I get home….but I couldn’t do it….I knew my conscience would drive me crazy, I’d be thinking about home, I wouldn’t be able to relax and I wouldn’t be sure whether my being there would be accepted…..

My phone kept on ringing all evening with people asking me whether I was coming…

I did however moan to mum later on in the evening ….I sometimes wonder whether my not kicking up a fuss for stuff is the reason why I don’t get to do stuff that I want to do in life?

I hate acting like a drama queen; I dislike kicking up a fuss and causing inconvenience to others. I hate confrontations and fighting with people…but would it be correct to say that if one wants something in life they should fight for it? And if they don’t they’ll always be left behind in life?

Like Sis Mujahidah said, answering back to your elders is impossible (and wrong?)

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

I knew it would start kinda late 9.30/10.00 and would finish between 11.00-2.00 or even later.

And whilst I’m allowed to go to programmes, my dad has always had an issue about late night stuff…. he doesn’t realise that Islam is not a 9-5 thing.

Mira’j took place at night so it only makes sense that a Miraj programme would take place at night too.

Dad said I couldn’t go….he really infuriates me sometimes- he goes it wouldn’t “look good if his daughter was ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night”…..why Earth wouldn’t it look good? Would I be ringing my doorbell at 1/2.00 in the morning after spending the night dancing in nightclubs or out with guys?........Did I say that? Nope, of course I didn’t, I stayed quiet as usual.

I stayed in my bedroom for a while contemplating whether I should just go anyway…..and just quietly listen to the massive lecture that I’d most prob receive when I get home….but I couldn’t do it….I knew my conscience would drive me crazy, I’d be thinking about home, I wouldn’t be able to relax and I wouldn’t be sure whether my being there would be accepted…..

My phone kept on ringing all evening with people asking me whether I was coming…

I did however moan to mum later on in the evening ….I sometimes wonder whether my not kicking up a fuss for stuff is the reason why I don’t get to do stuff that I want to do in life?

I hate acting like a drama queen; I dislike kicking up a fuss and causing inconvenience to others. I hate confrontations and fighting with people…but would it be correct to say that if one wants something in life they should fight for it? And if they don’t they’ll always be left behind in life?

Like Sis Mujahidah said, answering back to your elders is impossible (and wrong?)

Wasalaam

Sis ive had many similar situations like these 4 the past 8 years n i no hw its like.

Sayin "ill fight bk" its easy but actin upon it, its anotha story. Since the age of 10 i fought 4 permissions most of the times n only became succesful in a few of dem. Now i stay patient n pray at all times but it means i cry a lot more.

Take nxt years camp 4 example, its nt even 2006 yet n im alwayz praying 4 permission in my duas.

Now ramadhan is cumin n im prayin dat i get the chance 2 do as much as i can n attend my taraweeh namaz thruout the whole month.

Our Mihraj programme is 2day but there was 1 yesterday in london. A programme dat i waz dyin to go to but unfortunately didnt, nt becoz of my dad coz his in pk but becoz i had no transport. I no dat if dad waz here whilst there were meetings, conference's n the camp dia year i had no chance but Alhamdullilah Allah (swt) gave me the chance.

He'll b cumin bk in few weeks time n permission is gnna b my hard issue again nw dat my rellies get involved more its even harder.

Answering bk ur elders its hard plus its rong so ive given up on dat.

I remember wen i waz given advice by 1 of my sisters (friend, nt my real sister) bout staying strong n sayin dat Allah (swt) n the holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is wid me as long as i believe in them, which means ill neva b alone even wen every1 leaves me" since then im fightin my way thru.

Plus Qibla Muhtram told me bout patience as its the best option as a Muslim. If it wasnt 4 them only Allah (swt) knows if i waz gnna b here in dis world 2day sendin mssges 2 the revival.

I know how you feel. I too always do my thing whenever dad leavs the country.

It's ironic and funny....whenever dad's not in the country I decide to be a "religious rebel" and spend the night in the Mosque.

My mates always tell me not to kick up a fuss or fight with them.

And they are people whose opinions I really respect.

I can't help but become more moody and stubborn though.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I know how you feel. I too always do my thing whenever dad leavs the country.

It's ironic and funny....whenever dad's not in the country I decide to be a "religious rebel" and spend the night in the Mosque.

My mates always tell me not to kick up a fuss or fight with them.

And they are people whose opinions I really respect.

I can't help but become more moody and stubborn though.

hehe...i no wat u mean wen u say moody n stuborn.My sisters call me a "sad git" as most of the times im dwn n neva smile.

Oh..well dats me, wat can i say

Salaam

I usually only get "moody" and "stubborn" with people who stop me from doing what I want to do, and those who do my head in/try to dictate my life to me.

Esp when I'm not even in the wrong.

Its usually only my dad and gran who have to put up with a "moody Alveena"....cos they annoy me the most.

My gran is adament in turning me into a "tart" and my dad dont let me attend many programmes that I wish to attend. I share a very delicate, love/hate relationship with them....and its impossible keeping them both happy.

Wasalaam

"Seraph" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
SERENITY NOW!

either its a little late and im tired and thats why i dont get it or

im generally going with the response of "huh?"

Seinfeld!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Dad said I couldn’t go….he really infuriates me sometimes- he goes it wouldn’t “look good if his daughter was ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night”

If it was for the one in Romford I went and was opening my front door at about 5:50 am Biggrin

and Seraph:

"your mind may say stop, but your spirit cries NEVER!"

have you been listening to Survivor, Burning Heart :?:

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

have you been listening to Survivor, Burning Heart :?:

lol... ssshhhh nobody knws who/what that is.

Keep it stun.

Back in BLACK

"Dawud" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Dad said I couldn’t go….he really infuriates me sometimes- he goes it wouldn’t “look good if his daughter was ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night”

If it was for the one in Romford I went and was opening my front door at about 5:50 am Biggrin

Yeah, it was the one in Romford Road that I wanted to go to...wow that finished late...

How was it?

Pages