The Day of Judgement

Asalaamalaikum
I hope all of you reading this are in the best of health, i am going to need information about the day of judgement and would appreciate some quotes from hadith sharif on this or any quotes.
jazakallahkhair
hudafiz

End of the world.

Also known as "The Rapture"

Are we talking old testament? Real wrath of god type stuff.

Something about 'the wicked shall inherit the earth'.

Back in BLACK

No the islamic version as in qiyamaat

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

[b]Questions on Day of Judgement[/b]

Answered by Sidi Salman Younas

On the day of Judgement we will asked numerous questions. Many of these questions are known through hadith. Can you please compile a list of known questions (these are floating around amongst people, which brings room for error). This should clarify which ones are accurate and help awareness of what the All-Mighty will question us with.

salamu `alaykum

I pray you are well and in the best of health.

The simplest answer to this question is that one will be questioned regarding everything he/she did during his/her lifetime. This is proven from countless verses and narrations.

Yes, there are certain things that are specifically mentioned and inferred from the verses of the Qur’an and the hadith of the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) such as:

Prayer:

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace stated, “The first thing one will be held accountable for on the Day of Judgment is prayer.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, al Nasa’i: Kitab al Salah Bab al Muhasabati `ala al Salat #469-471; Al Hakim also narrated it and said it is sahih)

Life, Youth, Wealth & Knowledge:

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “The feet of a servant will not move on the Day of Judgment until he has been questioned about four things): his life - how he spent it, his knowledge - how he acted upon it, his wealth - where he earned it and how he spent it, and his body - how he used it.” (Tirmidhi, Kitab sifat al Qiyamah wal Raqa’iq)

Hearing, Sight, and One’s Heart:

Allah Most High says:

“… the hearing, the sight, the heart -- all of those shall be questioned of.”

Imam Suyuti states in his tafsir al jalalayn, “Regarding what he did with them.”

Murder:

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “The first thing adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be murder.” (Agreed upon)

Covenants:

Allah Most High says:

“And fulfill the covenant; surely the covenant shall be questioned of.”

Covenant here refers to those made with God and humans, both. (tafsir al jalalayn)

Comforts and Blessings of the World:

And He Most High says:

“Again, you shall surely see it with the eye of certainty then you shall be questioned that day concerning true bliss.” (102:8)

Imam Suyuti states in his tafsir al jalalayn that what is meant by “true bliss” is “the comforts [of the world], the health, leisure, security, food, drink and other things which one enjoys in this world.”

The Rights of Allah’s Revelation Upon One:

Allah Most High states:

“Surely it is a Reminder to thee and to thy people; and assuredly you will be questioned. “ (43:44)

Imam Alusi states in his Ruh al Ma`ani, “[You will be questioned] on the Day of Judgment regarding it and your standing in fulfilling its rights.”

Accepting the Message of His Prophets:

Allah Most High states:

“We shall question those unto whom a Message was sent…” (7:6)

Imam Suyuti says in his tafsir al jalalayn, “[We shall question those] communities, about their response to the messengers, and to what extent they implemented that which was conveyed to them.”

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “You will be asked regarding me on the Day of Judgment and about what you did.” (Sahih Muslim, Kitab al Hajj Bab Hujjat al Nabi)

Those Under One’s Care:

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) is reported to have said, “Every one of you is a guardian, and every one of you will be asked about those in his care.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “There is none who is appointed a leader over ten people except that he will be questioned regarding them on the Day of Judgment.” (Jami` al Saghir #8008 quoting Tabarani (hadith hasan))

One’s Rank & Prestige

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “And he (s: the servant) will be asked about his fame and prestige just like he will be asked about his wealth.” (Majma` al Zawa’id, Kitab al Qiyamah Bab maa’ jaa’ fil Hisaab)

Ibn Hajar Haytami says, “Tabarani narrated it in his Saghir and in its chain is Yusuf ibn Younas, the brother of Abi Muslim, and he is very weak.”

Regarding Speaking of Qadr

Sayyidah `A’isha said, “I heard the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) say, ‘He who speaks about something from qadr will be questioned about it.” (Mishkat al Masabih, Kitab al Iman Fasl al thalith; Ibn Majah (hadith sahih))

Regarding the Fitra

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Oh `Umar! You will not be asked about the actions of people but you will be asked about the fitra.” (Shu`ab al Iman)

Regarding the Killing of Animals

The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “’whoever kills a sparrow without fulfilling its due rights will be questioned by Allah regarding such killing.’ The companions asked, ‘Oh Messenger of Allah, what are its due rights?’ The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, ‘That you slaughter it properly and eat it, not that you cut its head off and discard it (as a whole).’” (Nasa’i, Ahmad, Darimi)

This applies to all animals.

Regarding the Forbidding of Evil

Abi Sa`id narrates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “Indeed Allah will question the slave on the Day of Judgment and He will say, ‘What did you do when you saw evil (munkar) and did not stop it?’ The Prophet then said, ‘He (the slave) will say in his defense, ‘My Lord, I was hidden from the people and returned to you!’” (Shu`ab al Iman)

These are just some of the narrations I could find. Insha’Allah, it will shed some light on the issue at hand.

Wasalam

Salman Younas

Approved by Faraz Rabbani

[url=

Jazakallahkhairan bro

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

The smiley face you see above is supposed to be (102:8 )

I was about to ask, see thats what i mean HT guys arent bad people

lol, msbro isnt ht, well not yet anyway me thinks.

These are some (mainly Hadith's) I gathered.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “A man who has two wives and he does not deal justly with them will be resurrected on the Day of Judgment with half his body paralysed.” (Sunan Tirmizi, no. 1141)

According to the teachings of our Beloved Messenger, Allah bless him and give him peace, the first thing we will be asked about on the Day of Account is our prayer. "The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad."

Prayer is the foundation of our faith, a pillar of Islam, as the Prophet, peace be upon him, said. It even speaks for or against us on the Day of Judgment. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "When a person performs his prayer at the designated time, the prayer ascends the sky, lighting it up on the way upward, to the highest heaven. On arrival there, it asks pardon for the person. Thus it will pray till the Day of Account, saying, 'May it please Allah to care for you, as you have cared for me.' And when a person performs prayer outside the designated time, it ascends the sky showered in darkness. On reaching the heavens, it is rolled up like bundled clothes, and is used to smite the face of the person who performed it. And the prayer itself says, 'May it please Allah to deny you, as you have denied me.'"

Al-Bazzar and al-Hakim, who graded it sahih by the criteria of Bukhari and Muslim narrated that the Prophet said, upon him blessings and peace: The people of Jahiliyya will come on the Day of Judgement carrying their idols on their backs. Allah will question them and they will say: Our Lord, You did not send us a Messenger and nothing from You reached us. If you had sent us one, we would have been your most obedient servants. Allah will say: Shall I test your obedience? And He will tell them to enter the fire and stay in it. They will enter it and return again, in fear of its fury and exhalations, and they will say: Our Lord, protect us from it. He will say: Didn't you promise to obey Me if I ordered you something? They will pledge again and enter it, only to come back and plead again. The Prophet said: Had they stayed in it the first time, they would have found it cool and safe. (Thawban)

Al-Tabarani and Abu Nu`aym narrated that the Prophet said, upon him blessings and peace: The retard will come on the Day of Judgement together with the one who died in fatra and the infant etc. (same as(e)) They will keep coming back although the fire would not have hurt them, and Allah will say: I knew your actions from afore, so take them (O Fire)

It has been said that those who worship at night will enter Paradise without reckoning, and that standing in night prayer shortens the length of one’s Standing on the Day of Judgement.

Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) said, "The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, 'All the nations were shown to me and I saw a Prophet with a small group, and a Prophet with one or two men, and a Prophet with no one at all. Then an enormous mass was shown to me and I thought that they were my community. I was told, "This is Musa and his community, but look to the furthest horizon," and there was an enormous mass. It was said to me, "This is your community. Among them are seventy thousand who will enter the Garden without reckoning or punishment."' Then he got up and entered his house and the people discussed concerning those who would enter the Garden without reckoning or punishment. Some of them said, 'Perhaps it is those who were with the Messenger of Allah,' while others said, 'Perhaps it is those who are born in Islam and do not associate anything with Allah,' and they mentioned various things. The Messenger of Allah came out to them and said, 'What are you discussing?' They told him and he said, 'They are those who do not make charms or ask others for charms, and do not seek omens. They trust in their Lord.' 'Ukkasha ibn Muhsin stood up and said, 'Ask Allah to make me one of them.' He said, 'You are one of them.' Then another man stood up and said, 'Ask Allah to make me one of them.' He said, "'Ukkasha beat you to it.'" [Bukhari and Muslim; from Ustadha Ayesha Bewley’s translation of Riyad al-Salihin]

Even on the day of judgment, the disbelievers who will be given eternal hellfire will have the intensity of their punishment lightened due to the supplication and intercession of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) asking Allah to lighten their punishment.

The sunna of the Prophet, and the imperative of the believer, is to be of a happy disposition at all times – even at times when one is inwardly miserable. The believer deals with people with a genuine and true smile. The means of achieving the genuine and true smile is by remembering the blessings of Allah upon one. Thus the believer should remember the importance of good character and following the sunna in dealings with others as the heaviest thing on the scales on the day of judgment is good character.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
:?:

Nothing.

no go on. u seemed v.happy

Just one more. This is related to the one who keeps on asking people for something.... all the time.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “A man keeps on asking others for something until he comes on the Day of Judgment without any piece of flesh on his face.”… (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 1405)

Salam

Day of Judgement?

All I know is one thing:

Jesus Christ is coming back to kick some asss.

So, all those who have not yet said MERRY CHRISTMAS are in for real deep ****.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Day of Judgement?

All I know is one thing:

Jesus Christ is coming back to kick some asss.

So, all those who have not yet said MERRY CHRISTMAS are in for real deep ****.

Omrow

talk about a lame attempt at a joke!!!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

i dont think he was joking Lol

Imam Ghazali mentions numerous prophetic narrations in book 40 of his Ihya Ulum ud-Din that indicate the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, will make intercession for all of his community, and indeed all of creation. Two of these narrations follow:

He said (may God bless him and grant him peace), "Every Prophet has a prayer which must be granted, and it is my wish that I should conceal this prayer and make of it an intercession for my nation on the Day of Arising" (Bukhari, Tawhid, 31; Muslim, Iman, 334)

Said Ibn Abbas, 'The Emissary of God (may God bless him and grant him peace) once said, "Pulpits of gold shall be erected for the Prophets, who shall sit upon them. But my pulpit shall remain empty, for I shall be standing before my Lord, fearful that He might send me to Heaven while my nation remains behind. I shall say, 'O my Lord! My nation! My nation!' and God (Great and Glorious is He!) shall say, 'O Muhammad! What would you have me do with your nation?' 'O my Lord!' I reply, 'Make brief their reckoning!' And thus shall I continue to intercede until I am given to release men who have already been sent to Hell, so that Malik, the guardian of Hell, shall say, 'O Muhammad! I have not left any remnant of your nation to the wrath of your Lord!' (Tabarani, al-Mujam al-Kabir)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) will be the first to intercede, before the Saints, the Righteous, and others intercede. Through the intercession, those deserving a certain station in Paradise will be given a higher station, those deserving punishment in Hell will be permitted to enter Paradise without punishment, and those deserving of a long punishment in Hell will be freed from Hell early.

Abu al-Darda' relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever sends blessings on me ten times in the morning and ten in the evening will have my intercession on judgement day.” [Tabarani]

"MuslimBro" wrote:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) will be the first to intercede...

i thught he would be the last to intercede :?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:

No, I think your getting mixed up.

The people will ask all the Prophets (as) to intercede for them, starting from Adam (as), and each one will say 'no' and eventually they will get to the Prophet Muhammad (saw), who will intercede with Allah's (swt) permission.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I heard it in Shaykh Anwar Al-Awlaki's lecture but I couldn't find that specific Hadith.

Irfan, is that enough or do you need more?... anyway, what do you need them for?

The results of excessive eating on the Day of Resurrection. Salman (ra) narrated that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: "Most of those who eat to their fill in this world are most of those who will be hungry in the Hereafter" (Al-Hilia by Abu Na'im).

Narrated Abu Huraira (ra) Allah's Apostle Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said, "There will be three types of people whom Allah will neither speak to them on the Day of Resurrection nor will purify them from sins, and they will have a painful punishment. They are, (1) a man possessed superfluous water (more than he needs) on a way and he withholds it from the traveller; (2) a man who gives a pledge of allegiance to an Imam (ruler) and gives it only for worldly benefits, if the Imam gives him what he wants, he abides by his pledge, otherwise he does not fulfil his pledge; (3) and a man who sells something to another man after the Asr prayer and swears by Allah (a false oath) that he has been offered so much for it whereupon the buyer believes him and buys it although in fact, the seller has not been offered such a price. (I think it's Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Well i need quotes that would make people think about the day of judgement jazakallakhair for your posts bro more would be much appreciated and again thank you

"Seraphim" wrote:
End of the world.

Also known as "The Rapture"

Are we talking old testament? Real wrath of god type stuff.

Something about 'the wicked shall inherit the earth'.

Just a correction to that bizarre misunderstanding:

"The wicked will be excised while those who wait on God will inherit the earth... and the meek will inherit the earth and delight in peace." Tehillim 37 (Psalms)

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Seraphim" wrote:
Toma-to

Tom-ato

Seriously man, it can easily be read as a deliberate slur.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"M4k4v3l1" wrote:

No, I think your getting mixed up.

The people will ask all the Prophets (as) to intercede for them, starting from Adam (as), and each one will say 'no' and eventually they will get to the Prophet Muhammad (saw), who will intercede with Allah's (swt) permission.

yh thats what i tought i just got it mixed up
all the other prophets say "nafsey nafsey" which is arabic for no init?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Pages