Call centres

How many of us work in such places?

I work in a call centre doing sales.

I hate it when the mugs, thinking you cannot hear, say: 'Its some person in new delhi' or summat similar to that.

(I am doing this job coz its darn right easy. I know I can do better, so no lectures please.)

"Admin" wrote:
How many of us work in such places?

I work as a salesman (conman really...) in a call centre.

I hate it when they say thinking you cannot hear: 'Its some person in new delhi' or summat similar to that.

(I am doing this job coz its darn right easy. I know I can do better, so no lectures please.)

I work in call centre..i get to hear customers moanin bout how rubbish Lyodds service is at times, and they go on to say they leavin an i go ok i'll pass you on to the right department. that realy annoys them cuz the expect me to tell them to stay with us blah blah!

I used to sell, did it for a year, what do u sell admin?

I had this indian guy james on the fone tryin to sell me fone, he didnt even ask me if i wanted the contract and he goes ok can i have your name and address and i'll send the contract details so i said to him i want your name and address, wound up the guy pretty badly!

your probably aware of Express Gifts Admin Biggrin

done 8 months there previously, starting again next week on monday.

customer care for mail order company (Studio Catalogue and Ace catalogue)

its hell. the company screws up big time and we have to live with the earache.

a week after xmas...."are you gona tell my lil tommy that he didnt get his santa lights? or that santa didnt giv him a present this year?" lol....yeah put him on the line!!

chargin people 30 odd quid for missin payments.....when no bloody items were sent!!

i seriously sympthise with a lot of the customers. when a pakistani one rings up....i usually send free stuff of credit their accounts Lol

and ive been known to send free stuff to people. sent roses to my mates house and bathing/hand towels to my own lol! so if any1 wants anything....let me knw Biggrin

funny tym was wen an english woman rang and said to me...."its all these asians, they cant even speak our language properly, im not been racist...but u knw what i mean dont you" .....yeah course dear, u dont realise im one as well!!

i cant wait to start again....

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Was that guy from o2? And did he say he was called jim? (If so, he may be called Jamil. Changing yor name does help some get sales, but I avoid it, unless I know the person is gonna complain, then make a name up!)

heh I may know him!

The thing with selling contracts (which I used to do, but moved to a different department), is you do not emphasise the contract bit. just the phone.

I have heard some downright dodgy techniques that I was not comfortable with at all!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

I have heard some downright dodgy techniques that I was not comfortable with at all!

Its all bout being sneaky but i hate sales esp. the abuse you get at times. its so tempting to swear bak, with cust serv. you dont have to take abuse just release the call, oh the joy of doing that!

Hayder I also worked there for 8 months! worst. Place. On. Earth.

Go into sales. much better, more relaxed.

You have call centre experience, so go for it.

try HC recruitment to get you into the door, and then get yourself a contract.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Hayder I also worked there for 8 months! worst. Place. On. Earth.

Go into sales. much better, more relaxed.

You have call centre experience, so go for it.

try HC recruitment to get you into the door, and then get yourself a contract.

wheres that? can you boxx me a job at your place? the thing wiv express is.....easy to do, and i dont hav 2 bother with interview again!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i got the call 2day Admin, gave me an interview on the spot!! jeez....messed up the last question i think

shud knw by 2mrw if ive done ok tho

cant wait to work 2gether, now i can bug you on the forums and at work Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
i got the call 2day Admin, gave me an interview on the spot!! jeez....messed up the last question i think

I dont know what can be worse for the poor loner...i feel for you admin i really do!

those call centre ppl r among the most annoying ppl on gods green earth...

i was in the bath last week, my annual bath Lol , only to be forced to rush to the phone, then found out it was some bird tryin to flog me car insurance!

i dont even have a car!

they shuld ban these pests

(not u angel :wink:)

actually, they shuld only allow girls with nice accents to do the job...not bored sounding blokes...

once i listened for about 5 mins to a irish girly tryin to sell a barclaycard to me...i kept her on the phone for ages cos she had such a beautiful, hypnotic irish accent...i imagined she was my wife...lol.,...then i put the phone down Lol

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

St George you should be forced to work in acall centre for a while... It will chnage your opinions on alot of things.

Nah i dont think he will have a high opinion of it if he worked but would depend what you doin, if your doin cold calling then its the worse thing ever, old ppl who are deaf are ticked off cuz they cant understand you and once they know your selling that annoys them even more cuz they say they ill or somethin..i sympathise with them but when ppl get abusive sympathy is out the window...

ive always done incomin calls....

where you people are the pests!!!

please do not do mail order for xmas shoppin any1

2nd day of 5 week training.......luckily shud be my last day....Inshallah 2mrw i can take live calls

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

whos you? i dont do cold callin no more i just deal with incomin customer service calls

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

whos you? i dont do cold callin no more i just deal with incomin customer service calls

by that i mean the general public..........do ur head in, stupid people

xmas shopping....what a con!!

T's the season to be broke! fla-fla-lalallallalla

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

So are you joining admin's workplace?

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

So are you joining admin's workplace?

:oops:

they never rang back.....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

:oops:

they never rang back.....

you were probs to over-experienced for them and plus they only take loners on!

LOL....probaly true

nah i think i got caught a lil off guard with the telephone interview....it was ok till the last question. didnt really knw wat 2 say....i thawt of a really good answer today tho! pointless now

stuck lisnin 2 stupid xmas shoppin maniacs go on and on and on

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
LOL....probaly true

nah i think i got caught a lil off guard with the telephone interview....it was ok till the last question. didnt really knw wat 2 say....i thawt of a really good answer today tho! pointless now

stuck lisnin 2 stupid xmas shoppin maniacs go on and on and on

so what is it you do? xmas catalogue?

Studio and Ace are two home shopping cataologues who are pretty much the same thing. theyre specilists in xmas shopping, gud range of funny stuff i must say. besides that theyre the largest at personalising goods in Europe

its all credit based buying with high interest rates! (due to their willingness to take on people with bad credit)

i gotta do customer careline, loadza diff queries....loadza angry customers

ahhh.......jus waitin till uni starts and im quittin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

One of the reasons i didnt join customer service was becoz of the 4nes.

My cuzin wrks at O2 in Bury, she applied 4 me once, had an interview but didnt attend i just cant cope in call centres, the silly 4nes just wnt stop ringin.

So i chose clerical wrk, im still doin the same wrk but sumtimes wrk its just too much.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
Studio and Ace are two home shopping cataologues who are pretty much the same thing. theyre specilists in xmas shopping, gud range of funny stuff i must say. besides that theyre the largest at personalising goods in Europe

its all credit based buying with high interest rates! (due to their willingness to take on people with bad credit)

i gotta do customer careline, loadza diff queries....loadza angry customers

ahhh.......jus waitin till uni starts and im quittin

Biggest cons in the world!

approx £40% apr!

And between jan and april they DELIBERATELY overcharge people to make their end of year financials look good!

(most get a refund after end of year report...)

I would feel really sick working for such companies... dont knw how u guys do it.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
I would feel really sick working for such companies... dont knw how u guys do it.

We have no soul!

:twisted:

However I work in outbound (cold calling) sales, so that probably makes you lot more sickof me than me!

yeah makes u feel sick

thats y wenever an asian customer or a nice aunty rang.....i credit accounts for fun Lol

i also send out free box of roses to every1 i knw, as well as other free goods!

i bring the company back down :twisted:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Two wrongs do not make a right.

i think myself of as a robin hood Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Just a bump for the emperor.

Pages