What book are you reading?

49 posts / 0 new
Last post

OK, let me rephrase: something not related to your Uni course either' (having said that, I REALLY need to knuckle down and start reading my textbooks ASAP)

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I always like reading a good book.

But im WAY TOO BUSY at the moment to pick up a good book.

Back in BLACK

@ ya'qub: i read a mixture, both islamic & non-islamic. but i try to read more islamic cz those books will benefit me much more than non islamic ones.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Do any of you guys ever read anything that isn't 'Muslim-related' (Harry Potter not included)? There is a big wide world of literature out there that is well worth exploring. The vast majority of books mentioned so far seem to be in quite a narrow field.

Yep my read is quite diverse,

A few to mention,

Chinese Cinderella, Naughts and Crosses, Roll of thunder Here my Cry, Boy called It ……..

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

A lot of the books I read are non Islamic - Yaqub, just look at my facebook list.

I just got the latest issue of Asiana Mag - its compulsive reading. :oops:

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Do any of you guys ever read anything that isn't 'Muslim-related' (Harry Potter not included)? There is a big wide world of literature out there that is well worth exploring. The vast majority of books mentioned so far seem to be in quite a narrow field.

I don't mean to have a go at what people choose to read, but I was just wondering if anyone does this?

I've been trying to read Crime and Punishment for the last year and a half.

"Beast" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:

I don't mean to have a go at what people choose to read, but I was just wondering if anyone does this?

I wouldn't bother - turns out the butler did it.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:

I wouldn't bother - turns out the butler did it.

LOL u spoiled it for him.

Im reading a book called "In the Mystic footsteps of Saints" its a 2 volume series. I read vol 2 first for some reason. I loved it so much I bought vol 1 aswell. Both volumes are quite small unfortunatly. I read vol2 all in 1 sitting, on a train journey infact.

Vol 2 gives quite an insight and whole new understanding of life, its purpose, and the reason things are the way they are. The only bad thing about the book is, that it is too short, I wanted it to continue.

I tend to start reading a few books at the same time. I am also reading 3 other books at the moment (well ive started to read them).

I never read Fiction anymore, last fiction book I read was prolly 7ish years ago.

Dirol

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

ive notread ficition for a long time.For a while after i began practising i got engrossed in non fiction particularly theological books. But after a while that got tedious. Reading non fiction takes a lot more concentration, i don't find it as relaxing as reading a fiction book.

dont get me wrong i dont find religion tedious lol just theres nothing wrong with a bit of fiction is there, long as the content is tasteful right?

the irony is i barely have any time to read now that i want to.only two books iread now, one fiction and the other is the Quran. sad thing is i can read a fiction book in one single afternoon if my husbands around towatch the kids, but the Quran is harder.

last book i read was the kite runner, onlycozi heard so much about it, finished it in a couple of hrs so musta liked it?.Its beautifully written and the content of the book shocked me somewhat i just wasn't expecting it,its a haunting tale. apparently this author has a new book out recently meant to surpass the kite runner, but i duno if im gona readit,coz its set in the same background as the kite runner, afghan history,i get bored easy.

well i duno what else is new out there and as brother yaqub said i too am lookin for non islamic, books that includes fiction ones based on islam not interested in them right now.anyone got any suggestions?

Im currently reading a book titled 'Wicked' which is sort of like a spin off from "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" but it tells the story of the "Wicked Witch of the West" point of view. It goes into her background how she grew up etc.

Interesting reading....

Back in BLACK

"Ya'qub" wrote:
you haven't seen [url= advertised EVERYWHERE?

my sister went to see is and said it was *quite* good.

OMG! No freakin way!

Thats the exact cover. I didnt realise they made a musical outta it.

Back in BLACK

hmm...Christian apocolyptic fiction, West End musicals, it seems that the true Seraph is finally coming out...and I thought you were such a tough guy!

Half of men aged 16-24 haven't read a single book in the past 12 months.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

female companions of the prophet saw

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

whats the name of the book and who is it by?

I think that is the name

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Pages