Music

131 posts / 0 new
Last post

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:

Dizzee rascal

cant stand the guy or his music but saying that i do like his new one ft calvin harris dance with me

Seraphim wrote:
The Beatles (lol i know)

Sugababes - Too lost in you & Shape

Next you will be telling me you listen to Girls Aloud :badgrin:

heres my list in no particular order

Linkin Park
Jo Wiley - wearing my rolex
Basshunter
David Guetta v the egg
Basement Jaxx
Beverly knight
Bob Sinclair
Booty Luv
Cascada
Chamillionaire - ridin
Dj Sammy
Jamelia
Dave spoon ft Lisa Mafia – Bad girl (at night)
Maroon 5
Kelly Rowland
Pink
Nelly
Nelly Fartardo
Gwen Stefani
Savage Garden
Whitney Houston
Enrique iglesias
Darude- sandstorm
Timbaland
Travis
Evanessence
Nickelback
sean paul
flo rida
Shakira
T-pain
Tio cruz
Chris Brown

I LOL at your list!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

WHAT ABOUT SCOOCH. HA HA HA.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

just a question

do these type of discussions belong on a islamic lifestyle forum?

I think not

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus wrote:
just a question

I think not

Yet it paints a very realistic picture of what people are like. Dont you think?
As a people we are far from perfect. This forum is representative of that fact.

And thus very relevant in my opinion.

Back in BLACK

We are not perfect. It would be foolish to pretend otherwise.
If we were all goody-two-shoes then we'd put off people who come on here.

Because at the end of the day, we're exactly the same as them. We are also still learning about Islam and trying to put it into practice. It doesnt always work, we struggle, we trip and fall yet we are still here. Still doing our best in our practice.

Back in BLACK

I think you're supposed to slowly wein yourself off them so you dont need to rely on them. Or just go cold-turkey and stop listening to them all.

Tried it... didnt work lol. I usually need something to distract me or focus my thoughts and music seems to do it. It also helps lighten the mood when feeln down.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

Tried it... didnt work lol. I usually need something to distract me or focus my thoughts and music seems to do it. It also helps lighten the mood when feeln down.

ditto

@Funzi whats so funny about my list?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

wednesday wrote:
Question: If listening to music isn't approved and you can't stand nasheeds due to their immature nature and the lack of imagination in poetry and chuck in the fact that you actually work best with music/sounds... what exactly should one listen to? The bradford traffic?

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with sounds/ musics as long as you know your boundaries... i've heard some stuff that you don't want to know abt... very anti-Christ and anti-theism stuff... very very crude stuff, alhamdulillah, i'm glad i'm out of that frame of mind! (but there is one band that i think could be worse but aint: Slipknot- depends on the song)

Pyscho social. lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:

Dizzee rascal

cant stand the guy or his music but saying that i do like his new one ft calvin harris dance with me

Seraphim wrote:
The Beatles (lol i know)

Linkin Park
Basshunter
David Guetta v the egg
Basement Jaxx
Beverly knight
Bob Sinclair
Booty Luv
Cascada
Chamillionaire - ridin
Dj Sammy
Jamelia
Maroon 5
Kelly Rowland
Pink
Nelly
Nelly Fartardo
Gwen Stefani
Savage Garden
Whitney Houston
Enrique iglesias
Darude- sandstorm
Timbaland
Travis
Evanessence
Nickelback
sean paul
flo rida
Shakira
T-pain
Tio cruz
Chris Brown

just because of the names and people

Im a huge Dido fan.
I also like Anastacia

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

wednesday wrote:
Question: If listening to music isn't approved and you can't stand nasheeds due to their immature nature and the lack of imagination in poetry and chuck in the fact that you actually work best with music/sounds... what exactly should one listen to? The bradford traffic?

Hahaha! SOOO true! Finally someone agrees with me.

I saw Slipknot at a Rock Festival in my days of Jahaliyyah. They are SUCH idiots... but I have to admit I kinda like the chorus to Wait and Bleed.

I don't like a particular KIND of music, but I like particular 'artists' in all fields, who I think are the BEST in their genre.

EG I can't listen to ANY metal except System of a Down - they're actually REALLY good but you have to be in the right frame of mind). There songs P.L.U.C.K. about the Armenian genocide, their song Chop Suey!' about depression, or BYOB (Bring Your Own Bombs) about the Iraq war...all pieces of 'art' in my honest opinion.

I like old Blur and Oasis cos it reminds me of being 11 years old... which was an absolutley GREAT time in my life. Other music from this time like Jamiroquai, Skunk Anansie, White Town, Babylon Zoo... I don't like any of those kinds of music, other than those bands.

I like hip-hop mainly (but hate gangsta rap) because you can listen again and again and find new meanings - the lyrics are so dense that it goes well with repeated listening.

I like some old rock/pop like Beatles, Jimi Hendrix.

I can't stand 'sexy pop' like Girls Aloud or Pussycat Dolls or whatever. I don't think anyone can disagree that this is absolutely haram and they are selling sex, they don't even pretend to have any musical talent.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

OK let;s talk Nasheeds, I think they're just as good as western music.

I like

Don't Talk to me about Muhammad- Dawud Wharnsby
Can't Take it With You- Dawud and Zain
Allah Knows- Dawud and Zain
(Qaseeda) Burdah- Mesut Kurtis (so relaxing)
Look into My Eyes- Outlandish
Stand Alone- Native Deen
Small Deeds- Native Deen
Allahu- Sami Yusuf

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday wrote:

Hahaha! SOOO true! Finally someone agrees with me.

shame you don't understand urdu. english nasheeds are ok but nothing compared to urdu naat/hamd.

There was this one Urdu naat that really gave me a head ache! Not that it was bad. It was so fast, and the echoing reminded me of a time when I was so dizzy while praying Isha at the mosque in Pakistan. I just came home and collapsed!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:
wednesday wrote:

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with sounds/ musics as long as you know your boundaries... i've heard some stuff that you don't want to know abt... very anti-Christ and anti-theism stuff... very very crude stuff, alhamdulillah, i'm glad i'm out of that frame of mind! (but there is one band that i think could be worse but aint: Slipknot- depends on the song)

Pyscho social. lol

"It has begun. I'm not the only one." :badgrin:

only kidding... you havn't seen nought pal! try Vermillion BUT at your own risk!

my cousin is a huge fan of them wants to be a journalist for kerrang, but i dont listen to them im all for expressing yourself but its something about wearing childish masks and screaming into a microphone which puts me off.

Sirus wrote:
just a question

I think not

Says the person that drinks with his left hand! One should first look and analyse their own actions before passing judgement on what other ppl do.

Not having ago just stating the obvious.

Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:

Dizzee rascal

Seraphim wrote:
The Beatles (lol i know)

Linkin Park
Basshunter
David Guetta v the egg
Basement Jaxx
Beverly knight
Bob Sinclair
Booty Luv
Cascada
Chamillionaire - ridin
Dj Sammy
Jamelia
Maroon 5
Kelly Rowland
Pink
Nelly
Nelly Fartardo
Gwen Stefani
Savage Garden
Whitney Houston
Enrique iglesias
Darude- sandstorm
Timbaland
Travis
Evanessence
Nickelback
sean paul
flo rida
Shakira
T-pain
Tio cruz
Chris Brown

just because of the names and people

ok david guetta v the egg and booty luv i can understand but whats soo funny about Chris Brown or Sean paul? :? They are everyday names

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Chris brown and jordin sparks song no air is the most annoying thing i'v heard on the radio so far.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

how do you put pictures on

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

only jedis know how to do it we use the force.

Funzo wrote:

And Funzo copied them.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

you cant just copy a jedi its in the realms of impossible.

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:

And Funzo copied them.

to bad i put a we there eh? lol

Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me :shock: Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

wasnt she a prositute for a time?

BURLESQUE DANCER. It's the art of comedy, strip tease and dancing. But she's not a prossie.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Doesnt make her anymore classier can you please not post pictures of her, thanks a bunch.

Why to posting her pic?
or why it doesnt make her classier?
or why to life?
you've got to elaborate on questions like that.

Pages