Music

131 posts / 0 new
Last post

Why to posting her pic. Hmmm

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Is this discussion really appropriate?

Yes, I know its a 'music' topic, but you are not talking about the (lack of) quality of anyone's music.

And you shouldn't know who that is, because you would only do that if you've been watching music videos, and there is a lot of not-good things in the videos (er... so I've been told...)

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I'm actually listining to there new video. It's called watcha think about that.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
I'm actually listining to there new video. It's called watcha think about that.

you shouldn't reveal your own sins!

big bro wrote:
Why to posting her pic. Hmmm

its annoying inapropriate for an islamic forum.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

OK no more pics of nicole or other members of the pussycat dolls.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Does anybody recognise the track at 1:50 on this promo?

">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LNRxvEl9tcQ]

Tell Me Bout iiT Man
iiM Like Alwaiiz linin ToO iiT :O
Caant Liv WithOut iiT
Buh That AiinT A GuuD Thing Sad

x

my favourtie artists are
3ilm
d-clique
the sound of reason
baby muslims
zain bhikha
native deen

SMILE! its charity Wink

wednesday wrote:
Did I hear soemone mention The Sound Of Reason and Baby Muslim?

yup,why you know them

thats a first no one i know has heard of them before but they're good

SMILE! its charity Wink

got any youtubes?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Assalamu Alaikum,

I think you already know i went "cold turkey" as someone put it few yrs back.

I tried to listen to nasheeds for a while, but I duno i never really got into them, i just preferred western music, and if i could listen to music i would. I think it's natural for humans to love music, this is why shaytan said he will use music to take ppl away from ibadah and the remembrance of Allah. . I do buy nasheeds for my children, and i am forced to listen to them again and again without my consent. It is amazing though the things you can learn from nasheeds. Wouldn't you rather you were humming the months of Islam, or Allah's names rather than promiscuous girl, or it's getting hot in here?

Insha'Allah with du'a, perseverance and a change of focus you can wean yourself off music for good.This is coming from someone who listened to music for at least 16 yrs.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

I do buy nasheeds for my children, and i am forced to listen to them again and again without my consent.

Lol

Wouldn't you rather you were humming the months of Islam, or Allah's names rather than promiscuous girl, or it's getting hot in here?

"Edutainment" can work if done right.

I have probably said this loads of times, but I am not a musical person so rarely listen to anything, however some tunes can be quite catchy. before some fool starts singing over them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I heard Baby Muslims a few years back. I liked what they had to say in an interview, but was less than impressed by their actual music.

TBH I think the same way with the Sound of Reason.

I don't listen to Nasheeds, but that's not because I'm 'politically opposed' to them or anything.

It's just all the ones I've heard are rubbish!

When Muslims start making better music than their western counterparts, then I'll probably start listening.

And @ Hajjar: How narrow was your taste in music if you think/seem to suggest that all western music is about sex.

assalamu alaikum,

In reply to bro.Yaqub

Popular mainstream music,the stuff that MTV and the radio pumps out on a daily basis, the stuff that makes up the music empire, the stuff that young kids, teens and even adults are hooked on are always about sex, love relationships outside marriage, violence, pimps, gang violence etc etc. The musical tastes of those posting artists on this thread are indicative of that very fact. I had a very mixed taste in music. Anything from jazz-to rap. Mainly liked soul. So no it wasn't narrow then it is now-zero. I think it's a tool Iblis uses to divert ppl from the remembrance of Allah. There are wholesome alternatives to entertainment/recreation and i simply think this is not good for the heart. My personal opinion nothing more. I'm not trying to compel ppl to follow my view, just hoping it may encourage them to think in a different way.

Nasheeds will never match western music in addictiveness or popularity. Why? because nasheeds try to focus on Allah, and islamic values, whilst western music is all about blocking everything out, and focusing on anything but Allah, the chill factor. This is amore attractive prospect to any human. How many ppl for example would want to hear a song about God versus a song about hooking up with a girl?, we all know what the masses would choose.It's like a drink, or drug, it takes a person away from all their problems momentarily. Course it doesn't have the same physical effects as the mentioned intoxicants but it does divert ppl. That's what it is designed to do. Nasheeds still however manage to make a muslims focus on Allah, and their mission in life, whilst also giving them a release from daily tensions.

wasalaam

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
assalamu alaikum,

In reply to bro.Yaqub

Popular mainstream music,the stuff that MTV and the radio pumps out on a daily basis, the stuff that makes up the music empire, the stuff that young kids, teens and even adults are hooked on are always about sex, love relationships outside marriage, violence, pimps, gang violence etc etc. The musical tastes of those posting artists on this thread are indicative of that very fact. I had a very mixed taste in music. Anything from jazz-to rap. Mainly liked soul. So no it wasn't narrow then it is now-zero. I think it's a tool Iblis uses to divert ppl from the remembrance of Allah. There are wholesome alternatives to entertainment/recreation and i simply think this is not good for the heart. My personal opinion nothing more. I'm not trying to compel ppl to follow my view, just hoping it may encourage them to think in a different way.

Nasheeds will never match western music in addictiveness or popularity. Why? because nasheeds try to focus on Allah, and islamic values, whilst western music is all about blocking everything out, and focusing on anything but Allah, the chill factor. This is amore attractive prospect to any human. How many ppl for example would want to hear a song about God versus a song about hooking up with a girl?, we all know what the masses would choose.It's like a drink, or drug, it takes a person away from all their problems momentarily. Course it doesn't have the same physical effects as the mentioned intoxicants but it does divert ppl. That's what it is designed to do. Nasheeds still however manage to make a muslims focus on Allah, and their mission in life, whilst also giving them a release from daily tensions.

wasalaam

But I'm looking for something that stimulates my mind and makes me think about Allah (swt) but is actually 'good' at the same time. I can find that in every 'art' form - music, literature, art (even maths and science if you look at it in an odd way)... but where Muslims have excelled in all the other areas, they/we are severely lacking on the (popular) music front (both in quality or quantity).

It can't be merely for the reason that 'music is haraam', because there is a large musical traditions from many/most Muslim majority countries.

Is it something about us? Is it something inherently evil in the medium of organised sound that means that even when a good, pious Muslim performs music then immediately it becomes rubbish? Why is it only moral-less, disbelieving people can create good tunes? Did they have to sell their soul to the Devil to get the talent?

Hmmm...

Last breath

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIBs-xf01Zw&feature=related]

I-m so happy I like it. Seems to have a slight Nancy Sinatra vibe to it to my ears.

@ Ya'qub - an honest assessment please. (since you studied music I assume you have soime insider analytical knowledge or something.)

(actually, same question for others too.)

Ya'qub wrote:
But I'm looking for something that stimulates my mind and makes me think about Allah (swt) but is actually 'good' at the same time. I can find that in every 'art' form - music, literature, art (even maths and science if you look at it in an odd way)... but where Muslims have excelled in all the other areas, they/we are severely lacking on the (popular) music front (both in quality or quantity).

By this do you mean the stuff in English or all of it?

Ya'qub wrote:
It can't be merely for the reason that 'music is haraam', because there is a large musical traditions from many/most Muslim majority countries.

Is it something about us? Is it something inherently evil in the medium of organised sound that means that even when a good, pious Muslim performs music then immediately it becomes rubbish? Why is it only moral-less, disbelieving people can create good tunes? Did they have to sell their soul to the Devil to get the talent?

Hmmm...

A couple of issues are respect and originality.

Respect - will the religiously motivated music be "allowed" to be off beat and less than polite? all this limits creativity.

Originality - are the people trying to copy popular tunes?

Course I am not a musical person so the above could be random rubbish.

[youtube]L6c2JiaF_gU[/youtube]

[youtube]KnCf2D3Z2Is[/youtube]

(about how can you deny) i love this song listen to it all the time
and sinfull slave too

SMILE! its charity Wink

music is haram and most of the music u are talking about is actually anti islamic

Anonymous44 wrote:
music is haram and most of the music u are talking about is actually anti islamic

Prove it. And if it is haraam, why did the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) allow it in his presence - more, he PREVENTED Hadhrat Abu Bakr Assiddeeq (ra) from stopping the performers one on occasion!

Assalamu alaikum

He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) allowed a certain type of religious music in his presence, this does not mean he approved of all types. Also look at what instrument was used-duff and only duff nothing else.

Countless rulings from all four imams prove how only religious music is permitted and with restricted instruments the evidence is there if anyone wishes to look for it.

I understand that ppl are weak, i am, but i don't think anyone should be divulging full music play lists and blabbering on about what music they love. It's as if we are glorifying music, how great these artists and their work is-why? they don't deserve any recognition, to me they are nothing but trash. I don't care what height of achievements they achieve none of it matters to me or should itto you, it's a pointless waste of time.This is exactly one major reason why our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) disliked music it is an allurement of this world, designed to keep us away from remembering Allah. Yes we need recreation, chill out time, but no one can deny that we should try and source out permitted forms. If we cannot choose permitted forms, at the very least we should aim to keep our sins a secret. In this discussion its sufficient to say yes i listen to music i don't think there's a problem with it because.... or no and ..... but including playlists that's just wrong wrong wrong.

It began with a playlist and ended with a picture of a scantily dressed woman. I don't care who she is but i'd rather see a muslim woman or man as a role model to aspire to than some dancer musician whatever she is. Please keep the trash to yourself.

Wasalaam

Hajjar wrote:
He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) allowed a certain type of religious music in his presence, this does not mean he approved of all types. Also look at what instrument was used-duff and only duff nothing else.

Countless rulings from all four imams prove how only religious music is permitted and with restricted instruments the evidence is there if anyone wishes to look for it.

I never suggested otherwise - but the post I was countering seemed to suggest (to me atleast) that ALL music was haraam.

As for some instruments being allowed and others not, I have heard that, but can't remember the evidence or the reasoning behind it. I would like to read some of the reasoning stuff as if it is because of how the instrument is made, these days most music is digital and such concerns would no longer apply.

If a song/music is presenting scantily clad women/bad ideals, its the scantily clad women/bad ideals that are the problem.

(even there, I think there are worse things that a person can do, so I would not try to stop others.)

Salam

Songs which encourage Shirk were outlawed by Islam.

Idolatrous music is not allowed by God.

Idolatry of all types is forbidden by God.

So, when a singer is comparing a girl, or a man, to God and elevating them to Divine Holy Status, then clearly buying or participating in such grave sin will be punished very severely on the Day of Judgement.

Omrow

The problem in those examples is less the music, more the idolatory.

I cant imagine a life without music

Pages