Tupac 4eva!

67 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Naz" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
Tupac was renown for not only his rap music but his poetry. What you interpretate as promoting gun violence is in fact a story telling of sorts of growing up around ghetto violence, hardship, racism as well as other problems in society. And its because of his raw talents many fans and critics rank him as the greatest rapper.

Your wrong, about him giving to charity too. The TASF (Tupac Amaru Shajur Foundation) sponsers charity events all the time for aspiring creative talents. They also provide scholarships for undergraduates. Not only that but the documentary on Tupac also provided money to charities.

you can only set up a trust fund for new talent if you have talent yourself. 2 pac didnt Biggrin
How about giving money to schools that way they can get an education and wouldnt need to go to the music industry and bore everybody with their life story. All ethnic minorities have it hard but you dont see them making songs about it!

Last i checked you dont need talent to set up a trust fund... you just need money. Which is what he had. And if he didnt have talent how do you explain his success?
Music was what he did, so thats what he contributed to. Which makes perfect sense... except to some.

Back in BLACK

His success is only a result of stupid naive ppl going out to buy his crappy record.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
His success is only a result of stupid naive ppl going out to buy his crappy record.

So what you're saying is that the people who bought over seventy-five million albums worldwide... were naive. Thats your excuse?

:roll:

Clarity its a wonderful thing.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

So what you're saying is that the people who bought over seventy-five million albums worldwide... were naive. Thats your excuse?

its not an excuse im just saying how i see it!

wel bro, u see it in a diffrent way to the rest of the world

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
wel bro, u see it in a diffrent way to the rest of the world

well sis i guess that makes me unique rather then common. Biggrin

wel bro, unique isnt always good.....

well sis to me it does, i like to be different

Well hermaphoradites, Tupac was unique. If you ever read/listened to his lyrics they were deep.

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

"Naz" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

its not an excuse im just saying how i see it!

Then you need a new point of view... coz from where im standing. You dont know what your talking about.

Back in BLACK

2pacs lyrics aren't 'deep'! I admitted he DID have a good flow...and at the time he was good...

BUT...

hiphop has progressed since then, many MUCH better rappers have come and gone...

if he was still alive everyone would have already forgotten about him (unless he got significantly better than he was back in the day).

the only reason people still go on about him is cos he was shot.

same with biggy, john lennon, jimi hendrix, kurt cobain and every other music star who died young.

tru dem wans

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"mmm" wrote:
Well hermaphoradites, Tupac was unique. If you ever read/listened to his lyrics they were deep.

maybe back then when he was still alive he might have been unique (in the sense that there wasnt really anybody to compete with) but if he were alive now he would be common. He would be competing with the likes of 50 cent and G unit. And yes i have listened to his crappy music and there is nothing deep about it, if anything he contradicts himself! He was just another black guy trying to make it big.

50 cent a g unit are nothing compared to him
he would completly destroy them
his lyrics are very deep and personaly, i dont think any rapper could ever compare to them

what have 50 cent, g unit and 2 pac have in common? they are all black and they sing about their pathetic lives Blum 3

mayb g unit but not 2pac
he raps about reality

"Naz" wrote:
what have 50 cent, g unit and 2 pac have in common? they are all black and they sing about their pathetic lives Blum 3

whats wrong with black people?
u keep mentioning it

i know
was rong with them

1. I do not have anything against black ppl, i have black friends, im NOT a racisit if thats what your implying!

2. All i said was what 50 cent, g unit and 2 pac have in common. Most rappers are black its a fact.

3. I do not think im better then everybody else or that i know it all. It called having an opinion (do you ppl even know what the word means or do you want me to explain it to you) and expressing it. Thats the purpose of a forum to discuss and view your opinions.

4. Im not bad mouthing him, it doesnt make a difference that he were alive or dead his music in my opinion was crap( all he does is swear constantly) If it makes you feel better chat about me (some of you probabaly already do) when im dead i dont mind Biggrin

5. The last time i checked it wasnt a crime not to listen and "obey" 2 pac's music! Some ppl like his music others dont.

Now is everybody satisfied with the above explanation or would you like me to clarify it some more.

@ Mecca Da Lyrical Berretta you think by reading a couple of my posts you know me, well you dont. If your gonna chat crap about me at least audacity to get it right instead of making assumptions. Who says im religious? who says i know everything? Have i told you?

"Naz" wrote:
1. I do not have anything against black ppl, i have black friends, im NOT a racisit if thats what your implying!

2. All i said was what 50 cent, g unit and 2 pac have in common. Most rappers are black its a fact.

3. I do not think im better then everybody else or that i know it all. It called having an opinion (do you ppl even know what the word means or do you want me to explain it to you) and expressing it. Thats the purpose of a forum to discuss and view your opinions.

4. Im not bad mouthing him, it doesnt make a difference that he were alive or dead his music in my opinion was crap( all he does is swear constantly) If it makes you feel better chat about me (some of you probabaly already do) when im dead i dont mind Biggrin

5. The last time i checked it wasnt a crime not to listen and "obey" 2 pac's music! Some ppl like his music others dont.

Now is everybody satisfied with the above explanation or would you like me to clarify it some more.

@ Mecca Da Lyrical Berretta you think by reading a couple of my posts you know me, well you dont. If your gonna chat crap about me at least audacity to get it right instead of making assumptions. Who says im religious? who says i know everything? Have i told you?

naz

i just thought it was irrelevant that u repeatedly mentioned he (and other rappers) are black.

why not mention they were American?

why not mention they were all urbanites (from a city)?

because its irrelevant- thats why!

theres plenty of white rappers, latino rappers, even asian rappers.
some of who are 'gangstars' just like 50cent etc.

i thought islam is colourblind

I have only mentioned the term "black" twice. Once when comparing 2 pac to 50 cent and g unit and the other time when referring to artists in general. I know some ppl get offended when the term is mentioned but and im sorry if i have offended anyone that was not my intention. Put it down to ignorance. Your just trying to make it into something it isnt. This was about 2 pac's music being crap. I don’t like his music for one reason and one reason only its because he swears and i hate ppl who swear constantly, i cant stand it, it makes me cringe. This has nothing to do with skin colour.

"Naz" wrote:
I have only mentioned the term "black" twice. Once when comparing 2 pac to 50 cent and g unit and the other time when referring to artists in general. I know some ppl get offended when the term is mentioned but and im sorry if i have offended anyone that was not my intention. Put it down to ignorance. Your just trying to make it into something it isnt. This was about 2 pac's music being crap. I don’t like his music for one reason and one reason only its because he swears and i hate ppl who swear constantly, i cant stand it, it makes me cringe. This has nothing to do with skin colour.

I agree wholeheartedly with you!

Biggrin

Okay every1 be cool.

No need to gang up on lil Naz, shes entitled to her opinon.
Personally I agree; music with alot of swearing is kinda off putting. Which is why I will rarely listen to the likes of 50Cent and his G-Unit crew. Coz they say they all bugged out, doing the same old two step guerilla unit, coz they dont go no where without toast (if you dont know thats an actual lyric from one of 50 Cents tracks... he needs to lay off the dooby).

I'd just like to point out the link given earlier to one of his tracks lyrics was a song made after the first attempt on his life and the various people slags off in it were believed to be involved in his shooting. Just thought id mention that.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

I'd just like to point out the link given earlier to one of his tracks lyrics was a song made after the first attempt on his life and the various people slags off in it were believed to be involved in his shooting. Just thought id mention that.

i know that Sir Aff,

i used to be a successful hiphop producer before turning to islam (couldn't u tell that from my picture in the magazine? :oops: )

my main problem is not simply swearing, its his false emotion that he puts into one song, followed by empty bragging in the next. all done with not [i]particularly[/i] amazing lyrics. are some of his tunes positive? undoubtedly, but his songs with negative messages outweigh the positives.

I just think there are FAR greater rappers out there (who may also swear but have deeper messages to back it up), and he is only still mentioned because of his exciting and exotic death.

for me 2pac fans, 50 centimetres fans, Nelly fans etc are NOT hiphop fans. i know that this is me being snobbish, but i dont care.

if you listen to old OutKast (ATLiens or Aquemini), Mos Def, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, TY, Sway, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Blackalicious, Skinnyman or Lupe Fiasco, very soon 2pac will become nothing more than ancient history

"Ya'qub" wrote:

if you listen to old OutKast (ATLiens or Aquemini), Mos Def, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, TY, Sway, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Blackalicious, Skinnyman or Lupe Fiasco, very soon 2pac will become nothing more than ancient history

LISTEN TO MUSIC :shock:

ASTAGFARULLAH!!! Music is the work of the Devil as he entices you with the satanic music of the demonic hip movment. Its better that your ears bleed for a thousand years as you beg for mercy for listening to that filth... and some such other really bad stuff happens.

LOL! Biggrin But yeah i see what you mean.

Back in BLACK

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

i know that Sir Aff,

i used to be a successful hiphop producer before turning to islam (couldn't u tell that from my picture in the magazine? :oops: )

my main problem is not simply swearing, its his false emotion that he puts into one song, followed by empty bragging in the next. all done with not [i]particularly[/i] amazing lyrics. are some of his tunes positive? undoubtedly, but his songs with negative messages outweigh the positives.

I just think there are FAR greater rappers out there (who may also swear but have deeper messages to back it up), and he is only still mentioned because of his exciting and exotic death.

for me 2pac fans, 50 centimetres fans, Nelly fans etc are NOT hiphop fans. i know that this is me being snobbish, but i dont care.

theyr alll very good actually
imortal tecknique is the best out of all of the tho
he got some strong songs, like danicing with the devil etc

From being anti Tupac a couple of years ago, i have now come to appreciate his talents and I honestly think in years to come he will be remember alongside the the likes of Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and other Black Icons. His message was hardhitting and ahead of it time, his songs are much more deeper then the current blend of rappers. He as someone already mention, used his music to tell a story and his poetry were beautiful. His concept of a Concrete Rose always had a profound effect me.

The thing that made me anti 2pac was the fact you used to have people trying to imitate the life he talk about in his music, when they didn't have the upbringing and never experience the society and community that he was brought up in. But i guess nowadays you always going to get negative with the positive.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

The thing that made me anti 2pac was the fact you used to have people trying to imitate the life he talk about in his music, when they didn't have the upbringing and never experience the society and community that he was brought up in.

2pac went to a private school actually.

his family were middle class. he was NOT from the ghetto

he's not as bad as vanilla ice or anything, but he's not as 'ghetto' as people assume he is.

actually they moved housez almost evry month
they were homless for a while when they was in harlem
because of this, he had no real friends and so he started writing love songs and poetry
he startd rapping at the age of 15 and called himslef me new york lol
then he signed with the digital underground
he released a couple of solo albums and then got shot in november 1994, 5 times
got shot again on septmeber 7th
dies on semptember 13

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

The thing that made me anti 2pac was the fact you used to have people trying to imitate the life he talk about in his music, when they didn't have the upbringing and never experience the society and community that he was brought up in.

2pac went to a private school actually.

his family were middle class. he was NOT from the ghetto

he's not as bad as vanilla ice or anything, but he's not as 'ghetto' as people assume he is.

The point i was trying to make was that his upbringing wasn't normal. From the fact his mum was pregnant with him in prison, a senior figure in the Black Panathers, addicted to Crack, had various partners including one who went to prison for 60 years for a robbery where 3 people were killed. Minimum contact with his father, his family and friends around him met violent deaths as well. There was no stability in his upbringing. He indeed did get a scholarship to Baltimore Art School, where he did study such things as Ballet. But at the same time he wasn't there long, as his family was constantly on the move, he did mention that leaving that school had a great impact on him and where he ended up. His life wasn't ghetto as some other like Napolean, but you can see what inspire his music and he sang about things that he was confronted with.

Don't get me wrong, he no heroes of mines, but he indeed speak alot of truth, once you get away from alot of the garbage he used to go on about. If you looking for positives in his life and his work there are loads as there are many negative. He was a controverisal figure, who work i believe will truely only be appreciated in 20-30 years time.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Seraphim" wrote:
Okay every1 be cool.

No need to gang up on lil Naz, shes entitled to her opinon.

anyone else that hasn’t had a pop at me for my views you are most welcomed to do so.
I could have took you all down one by one :twisted: but some of us have to get up early and therefore need our beauty sleep Biggrin . Secondly i don’t like burning unnecessary calories. Thirdly ive come to the conclusion that there is no reasoning with you men, its like banging your head against a brick wall, pointless. Lol

@ Mecca Da Lyrical Berretta the topic just happens to be on 2 pac. If it was on i don’t know 50 cent, G unit, Eminem or any other rapper who swears constantly in their songs then i would have criticised their music. I absolutely detest ppl who swear, there really is no need for it.

ps 2 Pac is CRAP muhahahaha

Pages